What is a Christian?

What is a Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

@fmf said
There is nothing wrong with defining "a Christian" and so differentiate them from other theists. Unless you think there is - do you?
Do you believe there something in the definition of "a Christian" that differentiates him from other theists?

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
Do you believe there something in the definition of "a Christian" that differentiates him from other theists?
Let's put it this way. I think that my OP gives a correct description of the core beliefs that, if held, define a Christian. Surely you agree?

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

Why is SecondSon dancing around like this?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

@divegeester said
Many.

Way to go with avoiding the question...
Only in your imagination are there "many" Gods. I'm avoiding your ignorance.

There is GOD, and there is everything else. There is creator, and there is creation.

That's all there is in existence.

There is only one God.

Logic.

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
While Jesus is a key figure for Islamic theists [while Jews think he was a fake and imposter], only Christians perceive Jesus in the way laid out in the OP.

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
Only in your imagination are there "many" Gods. I'm avoiding your ignorance.
Well there is the Jewish God and the Islamic God. Your "succinct" definition, because it leaves out reference to Jesus, applies to members of their religions just as much as it does yours.

F

Moves
30 Mar 20
1 edit

@secondson said
There is GOD, and there is everything else. There is creator, and there is creation.

That's all there is in existence.

There is only one God.

Logic.
This "logic" has rendered you incapable of defining "a Christian" in a way that sets Christianity apart from other religions.

Are you just going to dance and double down or are you going to concede that you do not believe, like Eladar does, that the five core Christian-defining beliefs in the OP are "wrong", "fluff", "gibberish", and "meaningless"?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

@fmf said
Yes I know. "What is a Christian?" A Christian is someone who holds the five core beliefs mentioned in the OP. Do you not agree?
Succinctly, a Christian is one who believes God.

There's the start. Now you might want to consider what God has said that a Christian believes.

There are 783,137 words in the KJV, depending on who you ask, but I'm not going to quibble about that.

My point is that every word is inspired of God.

The question is - who are you going to believe? Yourself? Another being? Or God?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

@fmf said
So you say. But the ridiculously "succinct" definition of "a Christian" applies to any number of religions whose adherents believe "there is only one God".
Again I remind you of the title of this thread.

If you want a definition of an adherent of another religion, then start another thread .

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
What is a Jew? A Jew is one who believes God.

What is a Muslim? A Muslim is one who believes God.

etc.

You aren't being very smart by starting with such a weak definition.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
Again I remind you of the title of this thread.
And I remind you of the OP. Do you disgree with how it defines a Christian?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Mar 20

@divegeester said
It appears that SecondSon does not want to answer your question.
It appears divegeester has nothing of substance to contribute to this discussion.

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said
If you want a definition of an adherent of another religion, then start another thread .
No. This thread is fine, thanks. If you cannot define a Christian in a way that differentiates adherents of Christianity from those of other religions, then this blunder by you belongs on this thread.

F

Moves
30 Mar 20

@secondson said

There's the start. Now you might want to consider what God has said that a Christian believes.

There are 783,137 words in the KJV, depending on who you ask, but I'm not going to quibble about that.

My point is that every word is inspired of God.

The question is - who are you going to believe? Yourself? Another being? Or God?
So do you agree with the five core beliefs that define a Christian listed in the OP?