1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 21:13
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Is God 'Mercy, Pity, Peace and Love' as Blake wrote? Or do you have perhaps a different conception of God – do you picture a person you love or have loved and lost, or is your God even a violent God, or flawed in other ways?
    I believe God to be Just and Holy.
    I believe God to be every where in His completeness.
    I believe God to be All knowing every where in His completeness.
    I believe God to be All powerful every where in His completeness.
    I believe God to be able to give every single microscopic piece of matter His full attention at all times every where all at once each moment of time.
    I believe God to be beyond all the boundaries of time and matter.
    I believe God to be compassionate, loving, and kind.
    I believe God is Just, Holy, and full of Mercy not fair.
    I believe God holds all of the universe together by the power of His Word.
    I believe God is eternal while we occupy this sliver of time we call now which is so small that its beginning and end are in the same place.
    I believe God does not mix His wrath and mercy, if you receive one you'll not receive a single drop of the other.
    I believe God is long suffering.
    I believe God is Love.
    I believe God calls us all, we either choose to accept or reject Him by the power of our will.
    I believe God has revealed Himself to everyone, we put up the walls to keep Him out of our lives as best we can.
    I believe God cares for all of us, He sends rain on the just and unjust, sunshine on the good and evil which is why we confuse His caring for us with how life has been treating us.

I believe I could go on and on, but will stop here.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Is this 'critical mass' constituted only from Christians, or are devout Muslims or Jews (etc) also part of the tally?
    The critical mass that I speak of to bring the Lord Jesus back is of believers in Jesus - Christians.

In Revelation 19 it speaks of the Bride and Wife of the Lamb making herself ready to marry Him.

" Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. " (Rev. 19:7)

No, the wife of Christ is not Moslems who count Jesus beneath the false prophet.
    No, the wife of Christ is not devout Jews who count Jesus as worse than that.

In terms of the critical mass of lovers of Christ is concerned, I speak of lovers of Jesus. These are the ones looking forward to marry our Husband.

This is a critical mass of overcoming normal lovers of Jesus. An event horizon if forming. And when it reaches a critical mass, the age will be turning from the church age to the millennial kingdom age.

Everyone reading this post, I believe, has an opportunity, at least, to be a part of this last final revival to bring back the Lord Jesus. We all have at least the opportunity to live for this great cause in these last days.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 03:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Hey, thought us non-believers (aka - Men of wisdom) were not allowed to post in this thread? 😲
    The set of things that a person is permitted to believe (or not believe) was never specified at the outset!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 20:21
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Is God 'Mercy, Pity, Peace and Love' as Blake wrote? Or do you have perhaps a different conception of God – do you picture a person you love or have loved and lost, or is your God even a violent God, or flawed in other ways?
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." -- Psalm 23:1-6, KJV
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 00:204 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    The critical mass that I speak of to bring the Lord Jesus back is of believers in Jesus - Christians.

In Revelation 19 it speaks of the Bride and Wife of the Lamb making herself ready to marry Him.

[quote] [b]" Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. " (Re ...[text shortened]... ord Jesus. We all have at least the opportunity to live for this great cause in these last days.
    You are mistaken .. again. The wife of the Lamb is the New Jerusalem.:

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, (Rev 21:9-10)

What did the angel show John? Christians? The church? NO .. He showed John the the New Jerusalem. - wife of the Lamb.

Christians are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb Yes. To get married to Christ NO!!
    They are invited to the marriage supper to feast and celebrate the consecrating of the Holy City Because after that, God is going to be with men, and the end of suffering and death.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Rev 21:2-4)

Christians are the BODY OF CHRIST - NOT THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. (1Co 12:27)

The Heavenly Jerusalem is the mother of Christians as Paul clearly states:

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. (Gal 4:26)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 11:094 edits
    Rajk999,

I don't like to talk to you because you are disrespectful. You dismiss your counterparts' time consuming replies with a simple juvenile - " Oh Its mumbo jumbo."

Your post here contains errors. But its a waste of time to show them to your disrepectful "mumbo jumbo" dismissal.

Frankly, your attitude has always been too sophomoric for the higher level of discussion this Forum deserves. I don't want to waste my time unless you clean up your attitude a little.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 11:153 edits
    You are mistaken .. again. The wife of the Lamb is the New Jerusalem.: - Rajk999

Is there anyone out there who would like me to respond to Rajk999's post to me above ?

I didn't read below this comment carefully because I have taken a policy not to read carefully what someone writes who dismisses others' points as "mumbo jumbo" or other dismissive junior high school boy like responses.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 12:02
    Rajk999,

I don't like to talk to you because you are disrespectful. You dismiss your counterparts' time consuming replies with a simple juvenile - " Oh Its mumbo jumbo."

Your post here contains errors. But its a waste of time to show them to your disrepectful "mumbo jumbo" dismissal.

Frankly, your attitude has always been too sophomoric for the ...[text shortened]... n this Forum deserves. I don't want to waste my time unless you clean up your attitude a little.
    First, If the Bible says something in clear simple language and you try to change that by relying on vague double meaning passages then that is mumbo-jumbo. I am not the only one that says your posts make no sense. Many many other people say the same thing about you all the time but in different words.

Next your so called higher level of discussion [a comment that suggests that you lack education by the way] is the road to false doctrine. It is not the way to the truth. Truth in doctrine is the simple statements from the mouth of Christ and the Apostles which cannot be refuted, and which can be easily understood by all .. even the most average reader.

In this case
    - the angel showed John the bride of the Lamb which is the New Jerusalem.
    - Paul called the Christian church the body of Christ.
    Those things cannot be refuted.

I know of all the passages you are likely to quote to counter that but none are so clear and plain as the above.

I like plain talk ... not mumbo jumbo.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 12:18
    Here is another nail in the coffin of your false doctrine that the bride of Christ is the Church/Christians:

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. (Rev 19:9)

Christian saints are INVITED to the marriage SUPPER of the Lamb.
    Christian saints are NOT invited to MARRY Christ.

Christian saints are the Body of Christ, who get an invitation to witness this marriage.

Throw away your books by Watchman Lee and read your Bible.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 12:43
    Again in Matt 22 in Christ's parable of the marriage supper..:

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. (Mat 22:2-3)

God prepared a marriage feast for the marriage of Christ. Those invited [Jews] were not worthy. These were invited to witness the marriage and to participate in the feast.

They were not invited to get married. They are not the bride of the Kings Son.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 12:47
    Is there anyone out there who would like me to respond to Rajk999's post to me above ?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 12:58
    I think the answer is 'No thanks'... probably the idea of having to wade through miles of mumbo jumbo is scary. 😀
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 13:003 edits
    Rajk999 is exactly like some of the people the Apostle Peter said twisted the words of Paul, whose letters contained some things hard to understand.

There is nothing new under the sun.

" ... even as our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you,

As also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." ( 2 Peter 3:15b,16)

Am I comparing myself to the Apostle Paul then ? No.

The Bible is in fact not always easy to understand.
    The Bible in fact does contain some things "hard to understand" for those who are unstable and immature or simply without much spiritual experience in those things.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 13:012 edits
    Peter was one of the twelve original disciples. And he admitted that in the explanations of the Apostle Paul there were some things difficult to understand yet contained wisdom from God.

I admire the attitude of the Bereans who were said to be " more noble," than other scoffers and mockers, and they searched the Scriptures to see if the things they heard about Jesus were true. I don't think we'll ever get that from Rajk999.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 13:16
    Peter was one of the twelve original disciples. And he admitted that in the explanations of the Apostle Paul there were some things difficult to understand yet contained wisdom from God.

I admire the attitude of the Bereans who were said to be [b]" more noble,"
    than other scoffers and mockers, and they searched the Scriptures to see if the things they heard about Jesus were true. I don't think we'll ever get that from Rajk999.[/b]
    I guess you have no supporting evidence which can back up your your claim that the Bride of Christ is the Christian saints.

If you have please present it .. just the passages would do.

The fact is you have passages that you need to twist and to explain in the language of Watchman Lee. The Bible can speak for itself and does not need lengthy explanation, unless your motive is twisting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree