What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 19

@darfius said
Existence requires explanation. Only a self-Existent being can explain the existence of created beings (created beings consisting of everything we see around us). In short, we think, therefore He is.
Look, atheists already think we're making Him up. Don't make it any easier for them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 19

@darfius said
This is nonsense. Either everyone matters or no one does. Of course, it's difficult to claim "no one matters" as a truth if no truth exists. This is why all unbelief comes from lazy thinking and the lazy thinking is a direct result of the morally evil choice of not caring about others enough.
This is really a laugh. Christians are among the laziest thinkers I know.

The Apologist

Moves
14 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Look, atheists already think we're making Him up. Don't make it any easier for them.
I can see we have a contrarian on our hands. Expect to be ignored unless you have something of substance to respond to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@fmf said
No, I really DO think you are entitled to your opinions about other people's morals. There are no two ways about it.
Don't care what you think about my opinion, that wasn't the question.
Question: Is there a right and wrong way to think about other people?

F

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Question: Is there a right and wrong way to think about other people?
My answer to this question ~ i.e. what are the right and wrong ways to do things? including thinking about other people on a case by case basis ~ is decided through the use of my moral compass. Your answers to these kinds of questions are decided through the use of your moral compass.

F

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Don't care what you think about my opinion, that wasn't the question.
But that's all you and I are doing here: exchanging opinions on morality and "What it is to be a human?"

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@fmf said
My answer to this question ~ i.e. what are the right and wrong ways to do things? including thinking about other people on a case by case basis ~ is decided through the use of my moral compass. Your answers to these kinds of questions are decided through the use of your moral compass.
You limit your answer to what you think, and what I think, neither of those have anything to do with what I have asked you a number of times now. So, either you have blinders on and cannot see the question or you are ignoring it. Either way I'm done asking you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@fmf said
But that's all you and I are doing here: exchanging opinions on morality and "What it is to be a human?"
That is all your doing, so speak for yourself, since that is all I guess you are able to do.

F

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
That is all your doing, so speak for yourself, since that is all I guess you are able to do.
Expressing your opinion is all you are able to do too, it's the same for both of us.

F

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
You limit your answer to what you think, and what I think, neither of those have anything to do with what I have asked you a number of times now. So, either you have blinders on and cannot see the question or you are ignoring it. Either way I'm done asking you.
I am going to the very heart of your question and answering it cogently. I am not ignoring anything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 19
1 edit

@darfius said
I can see we have a contrarian on our hands. Expect to be ignored unless you have something of substance to respond to.
Please, please ignore me.

God forbid you should actually learn anything.

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
The evidence is there, refusing to acknowledge it doesn't sweep it under the rug.
Doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?

Moves
14 Mar 19

@darfius said
Existence requires explanation. Only a self-Existent being can explain the existence of created beings (created beings consisting of everything we see around us). In short, we think, therefore He is.
So to clarify; 'self-existent being' no problem. 'Self existent universe' problem. Yes?

The best you can say sir is that, for 'YOU,' only a self-existent being can explain the existence of created beings. Alas, you can not extrapolate beyond that personal and unsubstantiated belief.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?
How be specific?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So to clarify; 'self-existent being' no problem. 'Self existent universe' problem. Yes?

The best you can say sir is that, for 'YOU,' only a self-existent being can explain the existence of created beings. Alas, you can not extrapolate beyond that personal and unsubstantiated belief.
What in this universe can be explained simply by saying this had no cause it just is?