What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's on my priority watch list...
Thank you, looking forward to your thoughts as always. 🙂

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Mar 19

@suzianne said
This is really a laugh. Christians are among the laziest thinkers I know.
You know the wrong Christians.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?
Excellent question.

Show me that in writing. Based on what authority is it claimed that any Hindu god claims that creation is evidence for their existence?

Is there a corresponding text in the Vedas, or any other religious text, with the claim found in Romans chapter one?

Moves
17 Mar 19

@secondson said
You know the wrong Christians.
I think you are wrong to dismiss Suzianne’s comment in its entirety. Perhaps if she said “some Christians are among the laziest thinkers I know” it would resonate more?

Moves
17 Mar 19

@secondson said
Excellent question.

Show me that in writing. Based on what authority is it claimed that any Hindu god claims that creation is evidence for their existence?

Is there a corresponding text in the Vedas, or any other religious text, with the claim found in Romans chapter one?
Seriously?

You don't think other religions have religious writings that explain how their particular brand of God brought everything into existence and that modern followers of those religions don't look at creation as validation of these religious writings?

Perhaps you simply misunderstood my point?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

You don't think other religions have religious writings that explain how their particular brand of God brought everything into existence and that modern followers of those religions don't look at creation as validation of these religious writings?
@ghost-of-a-duke said
"Doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?"

To which I answered:

"Show me that in writing. Based on what authority is it claimed that any Hindu god claims that creation is evidence for their existence? Is there a corresponding text in the Vedas, or any other religious text, with the claim found in Romans chapter one?"

I wasn't asking whether or not other "religious writings" "explained how their particular brand of God brought everything into existence". That's a given.

What I am asking is, do other religious writings contain the specific inference, as does Romans chapter one, that creation is the evidence for the creator?

Do they (other religious writings) have a similar and corresponding text that expresses the sentiment as does Romans 1:20?

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;.."

Perhaps you misunderstood my question.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I think you are wrong to dismiss Suzianne’s comment in its entirety. Perhaps if she said “some Christians are among the laziest thinkers I know” it would resonate more?
@suzianne said

"Christians are among the laziest thinkers I know."

That's a blanket statement. Both you and suzianne claim to be Christians, so does that make you two "among the laziest thinkers" also?

Or perhaps suzianne has joined in with you and your denunciation of Christians in general, and specifically those posting in this forum.

Either way, that remark has no intrinsic value other than being derogatory, and immature.

What sort of reaction do you think I would get if I said the same thing about atheists?

Moves
17 Mar 19

@secondson said
@ghost-of-a-duke said
"Doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?"

To which I answered:

"Show me that in writing. Based on what authority is it claimed that any Hindu god claims that creation is evidence for their existence? Is there a corresponding text in the Vedas, or any other religious text, with the claim found i ...[text shortened]... that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead;.."[/b]

Perhaps you misunderstood my question.
When I asked, 'doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?' I meant through the eyes of the religious followers concerned. (So the Christian would look at the flower as evidence of the Christian God and a Hindu would do the same).

Although it wasn't what I was talking about, I'm pretty sure the Vedas themselves would point to creation as evidence of their creator God. It is after all the most compelling visual evidence any religion has for a creator. - When I have a moment I will look it up.

Moves
17 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
[youtube] QmHXYhpEDfM [/youtube]

CS Lewis Right and Wrong
That really was very enjoyable to watch Kelly. Loved the voice and the animation.

Recommend it to others to watch.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
When I asked, 'doesn't the same evidence (creation) also evidence the existence of the Hindu Gods?' I meant through the eyes of the religious followers concerned. (So the Christian would look at the flower as evidence of the Christian God and a Hindu would do the same).

Although it wasn't what I was talking about, I'm pretty sure the Vedas themselves would point t ...[text shortened]... compelling visual evidence any religion has for a creator. - When I have a moment I will look it up.
I also asked you for something between the two belief systems that we can do a side by side comparison. What you put next to the Biblical creation story should be looked at side by side other wise how can any judgment of inconsistencies be made? Almost every denouncing of the Biblical story basically comes from what people think/believe happened outside of our times not what we see today.

Can we look forward to this information or not?

Moves
17 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
I also asked you for something between the two belief systems that we can do a side by side comparison. What you put next to the Biblical creation story should be looked at side by side other wise how can any judgment of inconsistencies be made? Almost every denouncing of the Biblical story basically comes from what people think/believe happened outside of our times not what we see today.

Can we look forward to this information or not?
Go for it. There is a plethora of stuff on the web about creation stories from other religions. The Hindu creation story I find a little confusing and contradictory at times, but interesting nonetheless.

This site is a good one to start with:

http://www.crystalwind.ca/mystical-magical/pantheons-and-myths/hindu/the-hindu-creation-story

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Go for it. There is a plethora of stuff on the web about creation stories from other religions. The Hindu creation story I find a little confusing and contradictory at times, but interesting nonetheless.

This site is a good one to start with:

http://www.crystalwind.ca/mystical-magical/pantheons-and-myths/hindu/the-hindu-creation-story
Why bring it up? You didn’t plan on defending it, so what was the point? I don’t mind putting up Biblical text against a secular materialistic world views there are a few believers of that here. Do you compare every possible opposing view against your beliefs for no reason?

Moves
17 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Why bring it up? You didn’t plan on defending it, so what was the point? I don’t mind putting up Biblical text against a secular materialistic world views there are a few believers of that here. Do you compare every possible opposing view against your beliefs for no reason?
If you scroll up Kelly you will see me acknowledging that I watched the Link you put up. Why are you not able to follow the link I provided you to a comprehensive explanation of the Hindu creation story.

Is it one-way traffic?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If you scroll up Kelly you will see me acknowledging that I watched the Link you put up. Why are you not able to follow the link I provided you to a comprehensive explanation of the Hindu creation story.

Is it one-way traffic?
I get it now goad, you just don't like people disagreeing with what you have to say!

-VR

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Is it one-way traffic?
No, it isn't a one way street, I'll look at the link you provided, but unless its something you are going to defend I see no reason for it, unless it is something you believe in I see no reason for it. But because you ask I will look at it.