What is it to be human?

What is it to be human?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
How be specific?
A Christian looks at creation and sees this as evidence that the Christian God exists.

A Hindu (for example) looks at the same evidence (creation) and equally sees this as proof that their Hindu God of creation exists.

Is the Hindu wrong? If so, please specify why?

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
What in this universe can be explained simply by saying this had no cause it just is?
The universe itself.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A Christian looks at creation and sees this as evidence that the Christian God exists.

A Hindu (for example) looks at the same evidence (creation) and equally sees this as proof that their Hindu God of creation exists.

What evidence?

ENGLAND

Moves
14 Mar 19

@darfius said
I can see we have a contrarian on our hands. Expect to be ignored unless you have something of substance to respond to.
You’ve only been back a few hours and your already going to be ignoring Suzianne!?

Moves
14 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
What evidence?
Sorry, are you saying you don't view creation as evidence for the existence of your God, or accept that a Hindu might do the same?

Are we having different conversations?! 😲

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sorry, are you saying you don't view creation as evidence for the existence of your God, or accept that a Hindu might do the same?

Are we having different conversations?! 😲
I have been asking you what evidence are you referring to? If Christianity and the Hindu faiths share something in common what is it?

Moves
14 Mar 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I have been asking you what evidence are you referring to? If Christianity and the Hindu faiths share something in common what is it?
They share a belief that their own God is evidenced by creation (and of course can't both be right).

I'm asking you (pretty clearly I think) how is creation evidence for the Christian God alone when other religions make the same assertion?

Edit: I pick a flower and say, "Ah, evidence that the Christian God exists." I then pick a second flower and say, "Ah, evidence that Brahma exists."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Mar 19

@divegeester said
You’ve only been back a few hours and your already going to be ignoring Suzianne!?
Eh, I rub some people the wrong way, go figure.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
They share a belief that their own God is evidenced by creation (and of course can't both be right).

I'm asking you (pretty clearly I think) how is creation evidence for the Christian God alone when other religions make the same assertion?

Edit: I pick a flower and say, "Ah, evidence that the Christian God exists." I then pick a second flower and say, "Ah, evidence that Brahma exists."
So a claim without cause?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Mar 19

CS Lewis Right and Wrong

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Really?
Didn't you read CS Lewis once when I asked you too?
Watch the video above great art work I think it is 11 minutes long.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Mar 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
So a claim without cause?
/facepalm

To you, anyways. To a Hindu, there is plenty of cause.

At least as much cause as you have in your Bible. They have holy books too.

How are you still missing his point?

How many senseless wars have been fought over this?

How many people had to die in the Crusades because "only our cause is just"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 19
1 edit

Witness Lee speaking on Incarnation

"God made man a spirit with His own breath.
God's breath of life is the material with which God made man."

You will find out what the tree of life signifies.
You will discover how the beginning of the Bible and the end of the Bible are the same - man to take in God as life.

&t=144s

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 19
2 edits

@suzianne said
/facepalm

To you, anyways. To a Hindu, there is plenty of cause.

At least as much cause as you have in your Bible. They have holy books too.

How are you still missing his point?

How many senseless wars have been fought over this?

How many people had to die in the Crusades because "only our cause is just"?
I'm asking for what is it about the Hindu faith and Christianity that we can look at and do a side by side comparison for creation stories. I'm not sure what you are doing bringing up the Crusades, I'm pretty sure creation in both faiths that took place long before that period in time when creation occurred.

Moves
16 Mar 19

@kellyjay said
Really?
Didn't you read CS Lewis once when I asked you too?
Watch the video above great art work I think it is 11 minutes long.
It's on my priority watch list...