1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 07:26
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    Interesting! In essence, then, to be a Christian, in your view, is nothing more than being a good person. So there is no difference between a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh, a Jain or a Jew who was a good person offering himself to the community.

I am confused!!!
    It's simply trying to follow Jesus' teachings IMO (well, perhaps also believing that the teachings are worth following). This is not the usual definition, however; that may be why you're confused.

Most people who identify themselves as "Christian" are trying to set themselves apart from other religions (among other reasons). I allow for non-exclusive uses. I think it's perfectly possible to be a Christian atheist, for example. There were early strains of Christianity that did not hold to the doctrine that Jesus was a deity, nor supernatural. They lost the political battle for control of the faith. But they had as much right to exist as the supernaturalists.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 12:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, I don't have any expectations of meeting Jesus at any time, so I'll stick with my 'try'. I think that word implies more than a mere claim.
    I agree. What I meant to say is that your 'try' is far superior to many Christians 'faith' which can be just empty words. Christ is interested in action and not just empty promises of belief.

As for meeting Christ, when the time comes what we expect can be completely different from what actually plays out.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 13:12
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I have provided references for everything I write showing that its the Bible speaking. You on the other hand have not provided any supporting references. I think everyone knows what to infer from that.
    Well of course you can offer references: your myopia is evident in each and every one of them, and context means literally zero to you.

If you wish, I can offer authority to every thing I ever present, when it comes to the spiritual life. I will simply type out my thought and then end it with "- The Bible."
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 13:20
    A Christian is member of Christ. She is not individual but a member of a living corporate Body. Today all Christians need to see that we are members one of another in the mystical body of Christ.

As a Body we will bring the Lord Jesus back to the earth. We will woo Him back for His Bride and Wife and all the rest will just fall in place.

Don't think Christ wants to return only to meet Antichrist and defeat him. This is like a man's honeymoon. He wants to enjoy His bride. Dealing with Antichrist is just like taking out the garbage. He's main desire is to be with His bride.

So today the Christians need to see that we are one body in Christ - even the corporate Christ.

A Christian is a member of the Body of Christ with the divine life of Christ which is flowing through the whole body.

If this was a bit out of sequence, forgive me. But I was burdened to include this in what is meant by being a Christian.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 14:151 edit
    As a non-believer I Would welcome views.

1) Do you have to believe that Christ was the Son of God?
    2) Do you have to believe in the Immaculate Conception, Resurrection and Asumption?
    3) Do you have to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit?
    4) Do you have to believe in eternal Hell fire?
    5) Do you have to believe in Genesis? (Creation, Noah et ...[text shortened]... e to the community?
    10) Do you have to live as Christ, i.e. frugally, judiciously and lovingly?
    I could send you our check off list if you would like.

Incidentally, I have a copy of the first check off list made by St. Peter. You can even see where he erased "Not denying Lord and Savior"
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 20:06
    Originally posted by sonship
    A Christian is member of Christ. She is not individual but a member of a living corporate Body. Today all Christians need to see that we are members one of another in the mystical body of Christ.

As a Body we will bring the Lord Jesus back to the earth. We will woo Him back for His Bride and Wife and all the rest will just fall in place.

Don't think ...[text shortened]... sequence, forgive me. But I was burdened to include this in what is meant by being a Christian.
    Right-o.

But beware, just mentioning the AntiChrist anymore will get you a 'timeout' with the tin-foil hat.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 20:54
    As a non-believer I Would welcome views.

1) Do you have to believe that Christ was the Son of God?
    2) Do you have to believe in the Immaculate Conception, Resurrection and Asumption?
    3) Do you have to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit?
    4) Do you have to believe in eternal Hell fire?
    5) Do you have to believe in Genesis? (Creation, Noah et ...[text shortened]... e to the community?
    10) Do you have to live as Christ, i.e. frugally, judiciously and lovingly?
    I once heard that a Jew is a person for whom "What does it mean to be a Jew?" is a lifelong question. My Jewish friends agree. I think this would apply similarly to Christians. One implication is that the question is never fully answered.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 20:58
    A Christian is a member of the Body of Christ with the divine life of Christ which is flowing through the whole body.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 21:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Right-o.

But beware, just mentioning the AntiChrist anymore will get you a 'timeout' with the tin-foil hat.
    If Christ and the Antichrist meet... do they annihilate in a huge burst of energy... because if so, and god and Satan can manufacture more.. then capturing the energy from ten Christ/Antichrist annihilations a year could supply the electricity needs of the entire planet.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 23:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If Christ and the Antichrist meet... do they annihilate in a huge burst of energy... because if so, and god and Satan can manufacture more.. then capturing the energy from ten Christ/Antichrist annihilations a year could supply the electricity needs of the entire planet.
    Too bad we can't ask some of these folks just how powerful God is, now that they've had the opportunity to find out first-hand...

http://www.michaelnugent.com/best/famous-atheists/
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Too bad we can't ask some of these folks just how powerful God is, now that they've had the opportunity to find out first-hand...

http://www.michaelnugent.com/best/famous-atheists/
    Clever explanations and a few creative rationales.
    Reminiscent of the Arrogance Skills: a) Self Deception;
    b) Self Justification; and c) Self Absorption. Thanks.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 00:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Am I suppose to be surprised at your bewilderment ?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 01:08
    Am I suppose to be surprised at your bewilderment ?
    On the one hand; yes; because I am not often bewildered,
    but
    on the other hand; no; because your prose is often bewildering.

So - are you surprised?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 01:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If Christ and the Antichrist meet... do they annihilate in a huge burst of energy... .
    Clearly there is some asymmetry in the way nature treats Christ and the Anti-Christ. One promising line of investigation is that of CP symmetry violations in the decay of super-natural beings by the weak interaction. The main expermental evidence comes from the decay of reformed demons, which shows a small violation of CP symmetry. In the decay of the reformed demons to naughty imps, we have a clear distinction between Christ and Anti-Christ, and this could be at least one of the keys to the predominance of good over evil in the universe.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 14:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Clearly there is some asymmetry in the way nature treats Christ and the Anti-Christ. One promising line of investigation is that of CP symmetry violations in the decay of super-natural beings by the weak interaction. The main expermental evidence comes from the decay of reformed demons, which shows a small violation of CP symmetry. In the decay of the ref ...[text shortened]... nd this could be at least one of the keys to the predominance of good over evil in the universe.
    If I didn't know any better, I'd assume you two are mocking something you simply don't understand. Quite commendable: accessing a website with a forum specifically targeted to a topic against which you are vehemently opposed, then spending the vast majority of your time trolling and starting specious arguments.

You and googlefudge are quite the lethal combo; not sure if Christianity will survive the onslaught of your acerbic wits.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree