1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 09:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If I didn't know any better, ... Quite commendable: accessing a website with a forum specifically targeted to a topic against which you are vehemently opposed,
    What topic am I "vehemently opposed to"?
    ... and thank you for your commendation! (Do I get a badge or sticker?)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What topic am I "vehemently opposed to"?
    ... and thank you for your commendation! (Do I get a badge or sticker?)
    we used to get a gold star for excellence and a black star for incompetence, its now been changed to smiley faces! and little stickers giving commendation
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 09:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we used to get a gold star for excellence and a black star for incompetence, its now been changed to smiley faces! and little stickers giving commendation
    Black stars!! 😲 OMG

What sort of school was that?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 00:07
    Originally posted by tim88
    Hmmm not sure. i was brought up catholic sorry

a catholic beliefs thst the virgin mary is a saint but a christian dose not. a christian only prays to god. that's the difference between catholic & christian.
    The main difference has to do with the Eucharist. Protestant churches look at the bread and wine as only bread and wine. (With some exceptions). Also the protestant churches are against, talking with the living, as in Saints. They believe Mary had more children than just Jesus, this belief is against the Laws of Moses. Even Joseph knew the Laws of Moses, who was going to divorce Mary quietly. God told Moses that He would abide by the same Laws as he gave to Moses. The protestants don't take the time to study the Laws of Moses.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 00:18
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    As a non-believer I Would welcome views.

1) Do you have to believe that Christ was the Son of God?
    2) Do you have to believe in the Immaculate Conception, Resurrection and Asumption?
    3) Do you have to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit?
    4) Do you have to believe in eternal Hell fire?
    5) Do you have to believe in Genesis? (Creation, Noah et ...[text shortened]... e to the community?
    10) Do you have to live as Christ, i.e. frugally, judiciously and lovingly?
    To answer your question, Love your neighbor as yourself and Love God with all your heart, mind, body and soul.

Do these things and you'll be a Christian.

But there is more, as God loves all His Children (born people) you may not know Him in your head. But if you cherish the poor, sick, etc. Then you are already loving Him. The "saved" are not the Christians who claim Jesus as God. The "saved" are all who give from their hearts.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 02:13
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    To answer your question, Love your neighbor as yourself and Love God with all your heart, mind, body and soul.

But there is more, as God loves all His Children (born people) you may not know Him in your head. But if you cherish the poor, sick, etc. Then you are already loving Him. The "saved" are not the Christians who claim Jesus as God. The "saved" are all who give from their hearts.
    Pudgenik is back. Good to see you .. Its lonely here trying to educate these once saved always saved people. Hope you stick around.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 02:153 edits
    The main difference has to do with the Eucharist. Protestant churches look at the bread and wine as only bread and wine. (With some exceptions). Also the protestant churches are against, talking with the living, as in Saints. They believe Mary had more children than just Jesus, this belief is against the Laws of Moses. Even Joseph knew the Laws of Moses, w ...[text shortened]... e same Laws as he gave to Moses. The protestants don't take the time to study the Laws of Moses.
    I was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church in Texas and I can tell you that all Protestants that I know do not see the bread as really the flesh or body of Christ or the wine or grape juice as the real blood of Christ. However, in the Lord's Supper communion the broken bread that we take and eat reminds us of Christ's fleshly body like the manna that came down from heaven that sustains life and the wine or grape juice reminds us of Christ's blood that He shed on the cross for our salvation. So that whenever we take part in the Lord's Supper communion we are doing it in rememberance of His sacrifice to save our souls.

Protestants do not believe we are actually eating Christ's real flesh or drinking Christ's real blood. Christ meant this as a metaphor and not reality.

Protestant's do believe that Jesus had brothers and sisters according to the scriptures. We do not claim that Mary had anymore children after Jesus however. We acknowledge that these brothers and sisters could have belonged to Joseph from a previous marriage or may have been adopted.

Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14, His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-siblings.html
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Black stars!! 😲 OMG

What sort of school was that?
    Townhead primary school, it was a huge Victorian sandstone building with a boys entrance and a girls entrance, I was the last generation before it was knocked down to the ground and replaced with residential buildings, an architectural crime in my opinion. Yes black stars! they unnerved even the most hardened of troublemakers.
  9. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 17:46

So no difference between a Christian and any other religious good person (Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jew, Jain etc.) ?
  10. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    18 Dec '13 23:22
    As a non-believer I Would welcome views.

1) Do you have to believe that Christ was the Son of God?
    2) Do you have to believe in the Immaculate Conception, Resurrection and Asumption?
    3) Do you have to believe in the power of the Holy Spirit?
    4) Do you have to believe in eternal Hell fire?
    5) Do you have to believe in Genesis? (Creation, Noah et ...[text shortened]... e to the community?
    10) Do you have to live as Christ, i.e. frugally, judiciously and lovingly?
    Being able to forgive those who have trespassed against you.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 05:46

So no difference between a Christian and any other religious good person (Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Jew, Jain etc.) ?
    I know the Christians out here are disagreeing with me, but I am not them. Jesus never said, love your neighbor and know me too. He never points a finger at himself. He is always leading us to the Father. The One whom I serve.

We have to remember, God is one, always. Jesus, Holy Spirit, the Father are One. They are not different entities, they are One. It is hard to explain. Maybe if you think of a burning candle. Wax you can see, is Jesus; The fire, the Holy Spirit; and the Father, the wick is a mystery to us. The American Indians worshipped the Great Spirit.

It is not a matter of being religious, it is a matter of charity of the heart. Where love is, God is also.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 06:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church in Texas and I can tell you that all Protestants that I know do not see the bread as really the flesh or body of Christ or the wine or grape juice as the real blood of Christ. However, in the Lord's Supper communion the broken bread that we take and eat reminds us of Christ's fleshly body like the manna that came ...[text shortened]... et that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-siblings.html
    Just out of curiosity, show me the difference for brothers, 1st and 2nd cousins in the Greek texts that you are quoting from. There is no difference. Scripture never states Joseph was married before coming to Mary. However the Laws of Moses are clear. God stated that He would abide by the same laws. So when Mary showed signs of being with child, Joseph knew he could not be with her. It would be adultery. This is also why the catholic tradition stands that Joseph never had intercourse with Mary after Jesus birth. She was the spouse to the Holy Spirit, namely, God.

As for the claiming of bread and wine as a metaphor. I strongly urge you to read the books called, "the Sunday Sermons of the founding fathers". These are a collection of sermons handed down, and finally put into print. The first 300 yrs. of the church. They often talk of the breaking of the bread, and the body and blood of Jesus.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 06:44
    The main difference has to do with the Eucharist. Protestant churches look at the bread and wine as only bread and wine. (With some exceptions). Also the protestant churches are against, talking with the living, as in Saints. They believe Mary had more children than just Jesus, this belief is against the Laws of Moses. Even Joseph knew the Laws of Moses, w ...[text shortened]... e same Laws as he gave to Moses. The protestants don't take the time to study the Laws of Moses.
    I went to a Catholic school for grades 1 thru 8 and never was it stated that Mary had more children. So I guess that trashes your law of Moses rant. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 07:011 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I went to a Catholic school for grades 1 thru 8 and never was it stated that Mary had more children. So I guess that trashes your law of Moses rant. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Please re-read what I stated. But you are right, Mary had no more children.

And that is exactly why I bring up the Laws of Moses, (God's spokesman). God states to Moses that He will abide by the same laws He expects us to keep. Including the Laws of Marriage.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 22:41

"What is meant by being a Christian?" -Pianoman1

What is meant by being a human being? What was required for the viable fetus Pianoman1 to become the human being Pianoman1? One inhale; and one exhale. Result: Pianoman1 came crying and kicking onto the stage of humanity. To become a Christian, the inhale is one sentence of biblical truth: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved." (Acts 16:31a) The exhale: one private decision. To simply tell God the Father you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that very moment, your eternal future will be assured. The moment you decide to believe in Christ, you have eternal life; you share an eternal relationship with God; you will live forever with Him in heaven. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation. The choice is yours.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree