1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '09 05:44
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone sins all the time. That is why everyone needs a Savior and that Savior is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only name under heaven by which we might be saved.
    what about "HARE KRSNA" or
    " AMITABA buddha?"
    may we not be saved by these or other names?
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 02:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    what about "HARE KRSNA" or
    " AMITABA buddha?"
    may we not be saved by these or other names?
    No you cannot be saved by any other name other than Jesus.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 03:33
    Originally posted by chappy1
    No you cannot be saved by any other name other than Jesus.
    You cannot reach Nirvana without meditation...
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 04:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You cannot reach Nirvana without meditation...
    How do you know if you haven't reached enlightenment yet?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 04:501 edit
    How do you know if you haven't reached enlightenment yet?
    How do you know? I don't.
    I'm currently contemplating over the answer... 😵

This I know: You cannot know if you're saved or not before you are up there, meeting StPaul, sending you upstairs or downstairs. Until then you don't know nothing...
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 10:27
    How do you know? I don't.
    I'm currently contemplating over the answer... 😵

This I know: You cannot know if you're saved or not before you are up there, meeting StPaul, sending you upstairs or downstairs. Until then you don't know nothing...
    Thats exactly right. Until then we know nothing.

however there is no reason for not trying,be it through spirituality forums or whatever.
    Whats this go with being 'saved' and going upstairs or down?

(i know there is the whole christian thing with being saved and i like a lot of chrisian analogies however i could never get into 'being saved'....might work for others though)
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 16:31
    Thats exactly right. Until then we know nothing.

however there is no reason for not trying,be it through spirituality forums or whatever.
    Whats this go with being 'saved' and going upstairs or down?

(i know there is the whole christian thing with being saved and i like a lot of chrisian analogies however i could never get into 'being saved'....might work for others though)
    I read a science fiction short story once, that was about just this very problem.

A man offered salvasion and an eternal life bye offering a one way ticket into a black hole. He made big bucks and noone complained. His opposition culdn't prove that he was wrong, and people believed in him willingly buing the one way ticket.

Noone can show what will happen after the death, and the pope is bathing in money and gold in his vatican residence.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 22:32
    I read a science fiction short story once, that was about just this very problem.

A man offered salvasion and an eternal life bye offering a one way ticket into a black hole. He made big bucks and noone complained. His opposition culdn't prove that he was wrong, and people believed in him willingly buing the one way ticket.

Noone can show what will happen after the death, and the pope is bathing in money and gold in his vatican residence.
    Apparently there a some 'special' people out there that can show you when and how you will die and where you will go afterwards however it has been generally postulated that such information is not beneficial to most people, (i don't want to know)
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 06:041 edit
    Apparently there a some 'special' people out there that can show you when and how you will die and where you will go afterwards however it has been generally postulated that such information is not beneficial to most people, (i don't want to know)
    That's the 'beauty' of religion(s): You can claim anything without having to prove anything. People sometimes believe your claim, and even sacrifice their lives for that belief, and others, even thousands of years later.

Most religions, perhaps all of them, are frauds.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 06:121 edit
    That's the 'beauty' of religion(s): You can claim anything without having to prove anything. People sometimes believe your claim, and even sacrifice their lives for that belief, and others, even thousands of years later.

Most religions, perhaps all of them, are frauds.
    its not just that people have claimed this and i've believed it , its that it resonated within the core of my being.
    (i generally filter through my experiences and only post what i think is important enough to utter.i try not to just ramble s*** without some proof of it in my daily experience.)
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 06:29
    its not just that people have claimed this and i've believed it , its that it resonated within the core of my being.
    (i generally filter through my experiences and only post what i think is important enough to utter.i try not to just ramble s*** without some proof of it in my daily experience.)
    I believe things too that cannot be proven, nor disproven.

It's when I put my sword at others neck to make them believe the same thing I do I do wrong. Normally religious people don't do that, but people with powers often do that. It's then when I realize that their religion is wrong, dead wrong. When believers of that religion doesn't think there is something wrong, and doesn't object with that, I become scared.

The world would be better off without such religions.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 13:02
    I believe things too that cannot be proven, nor disproven.

It's when I put my sword at others neck to make them believe the same thing I do I do wrong. Normally religious people don't do that, but people with powers often do that. It's then when I realize that their religion is wrong, dead wrong. When believers of that religion doesn't think there is ...[text shortened]... object with that, I become scared.

The world would be better off without such religions.
    it seems all 'organized religions' have a bad side (and some good sides)
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 15:46
    True, very true.
    Only sad that the fundamentalists are so loud voiced...
  14. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 15:53
    What are some things, which you see as ‘bad’ in all organized religions?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by whiteknight26
    What are some things, which you see as ‘bad’ in all organized religions?
    Fundamentalism...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree