What is the human soul?

What is the human soul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Apr 12

Maybe you are taking about atheists.

I dont discuss matters of the Bible with atheists.

Its probably hard for you to be precise in your writing but its an important skill that you need to develop if you want to talk to intelligent people.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by Rajk999

Its probably hard for you to be precise in your writing but its an important skill that you need to develop if you want to talk to intelligent people.
So is being intellegent on a human level the qualifications to be loved by God and being used by him?

t

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
RJH leaves the thread and Dasa pops up!

mmmmmmmmmm interesting ...
dasa is from australia rj is in the usa

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75
So is being intellegent on a human level the qualifications to be loved by God and being used by him?
What a dumb question !

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Apr 12

Im not your friend.
Quote where I 'blow off' non Christains.
And you obviously are not my friend on any level........... I was being sarcastic which I thought was obvious.

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by tim88
dasa is from australia rj is in the usa
how do you know?

Moves
03 Apr 12

why?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
why?
Its pointless.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how do you know?
I don't know where Dasa is and you may not believe me, since you may be one
of those that think I am a cheat and a liar, but I was born in Ventura, California,
USA raised from 1 year old in Tyler, Texas, USA until I Joined the U.S. Army
and retired at Fort Gordon, Georgia after 20 years and now live about a mile
outside of the main gate in the city of Augusta, Georgia, USA, the home of
the Masters Golf Tournament in which Tiger Woods will be competing this week.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
RJH leaves the thread and Dasa pops up!

mmmmmmmmmm interesting ...
interesting 🙂 very no doubt

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Apr 12

Im not your friend.
Quote where I 'blow off' non Christains.
I aint your set I aint your friend with the wrong color your life could end!! Homicide my favorite binge......Colors......Colors "Ice T"

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Apr 12

The Fifth Seal—Martyrs www.biblegateway.com NASB version Revelation 6:9 & verse 10 says these "Souls" cried out with a loud voice.........I think Souls live on and are aware and awake

9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; 10 and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by menace71
The Fifth Seal—Martyrs www.biblegateway.com NASB version Revelation 6:9 & verse 10 says these "Souls" cried out with a loud voice.........I think Souls live on and are aware and awake

9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony wh ...[text shortened]... their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.

Manny
Hum. Does not the scripture that has been quoted numerous times say "the soul that is sinning will die?"
This scripture did not say "the human or body that in sinning will die? Did it?
Did these chosen humans that are to be beside Jesus and that are saying this about these souls, not sin as humans?

But have you not heard the term expressed before about someones blood crying out for justice? Is that blood literally crying out? Is that not just a term being used for justice usually by a loved one of that dead person?

Break this scripture down and really read what is being said here. Don't miss the real points.

See if this makes sence to you...

Our attention is drawn to an altar of sacrifice. At its base are “the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness work that they used to have.” (Revelation 6:9) Since “the soul [or, life] of the flesh is in the blood,” what is really represented as being at the foot of the altar is the blood of faithful servants of Jesus who were slaughtered because of their bold and zealous witnessing.—Leviticus 17:11.
Like the blood of righteous Abel, the blood of these Christian martyrs is crying out for justice. (Genesis 4:10) “They cried with a loud voice, saying: ‘Until when, Sovereign Lord holy and true, are you refraining from judging and avenging our blood upon those who dwell on the earth?’” What comes next? “A white robe was given to each of them; and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled also of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they also had been.”—Revelation 6:10, 11.
Were these white robes handed out to pools of blood lying at the base of an altar? Of course not! The robes were given to the individuals whose blood was shed, as it were, on the altar. They sacrificed their lives in Jesus’ name and were now resurrected as spirits. How do we know that? Earlier in the book of Revelation, we read: “He that conquers will thus be arrayed in white outer garments; and I will by no means blot out his name from the book of life.” Recall, too, that the 24 elders were “dressed in white outer garments, and upon their heads [were] golden crowns.” (Revelation 3:5; 4:4) So after war, famine, and pestilence began to ravage the earth, members of the 144,000 who were dead, represented by the blood at the base of the altar, were raised to heavenly life and clothed in symbolic white robes.
Those newly resurrected ones must “rest.” They must wait patiently for God’s day of vengeance. Their “fellow slaves,” anointed Christians still on earth, have yet to prove their integrity under trial. When the time for divine judgment arrives, the “rest” will be over. (Revelation 7:3) At that time, those resurrected ones will share with the Lord Jesus Christ in bringing destruction upon the wicked, including those who shed the blood of innocent Christians.

A side point here for you to notice is these that are crying out or waiting on the rest to be resurrected to complete or fill the "number" of their fellow slaves. Why the word "number used here?
Is it a vague amount or a real number?
Remeber Jesus said he had two flocks. One was one "no man could number" but the other was a little flock.
This scripture though is speaking of a number or a certain amount that would fill this quota. Sound familiar?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 12
3 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Hum. Does not the scripture that has been quoted numerous times say "the soul that is sinning will die?"
This scripture did not say "the human or body that in sinning will die? Did it?
Did these chosen humans that are to be beside Jesus and that are saying this about these souls, not sin as humans?

But have you not heard the term expressed before is speaking of a number or a certain amount that would fill this quota. Sound familiar?
Christ's body died too. Does that mean his soul was sinning?

P.S. Christ also said, "He that believes in Me shall never die."

Christ was obviously speaking of the real person (the soul) not the body.
The body must die once so the soul can be judged as to what it did in the body.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Apr 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christ's body died too. Does that mean his soul was sinning?

P.S. Christ also said, "He that believes in Me shall never die."

Christ was obviously speaking of the real person (the soul) not the body.
The body must die once so the soul can be judged as to what it did in the body.
Oh my gosh... That's the silliest thing you've posted yet. Think, think, think...........