1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you know :

- what % of the Jews in the time of Christ could read?
    - what % of the Jews had a copy of the Old Testament?
    - what % of the Greeks where Paul preached could read?
    - what % of the Greeks had a copy of the Old Testament ?

By your rules you would condemn everyone because they cannot read. Fortunately Christ looks at the heart and mind of people.
    what a milk drinker you are, Jesus, Peter, and all the disciples, common fishermen
    could read, in fact, anyone could go to any synagogue and read the Torah, sure thing,
    you keep telling the forum that ignorance is all you need and from the person who was
    condemning Jehovahs witness with lies that we are anti -education, such a fraud, at
    every turn your silly comments are being shown for what they are!

this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you! John 17:3

suck it up with your milk!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In all you years as a Christian minister how many people have you successfully persuaded, for want of a better word, to join your organisation?
    2 persons and i have encouraged many more.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what? the starving? in all my years as a Christian minister i have never met anyone
    starving? giving someone a magazine is not teaching them, is it, sigh.
    Secondly, when there is a famine for instance, such as the one currently happenning in the Horn of Africa, what does your organisation do?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:24
    2 persons and i have encouraged many more.
    How long have you been ministering?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:283 edits
    Secondly, when there is a famine for instance, such as the one currently happenning in the Horn of Africa, what does your organisation do?
    if there is a humanitarian need we shall address it, as in Japan when there was a
    tsunami, but we are in the business of educating persons, not of handing out stop gap
    measures in soup kitchens. I repeat our work is in teaching the application of Biblical
    principles, which we do, at our own expense!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:28
    How long have you been ministering?
    15 years.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:30
    what? the starving? in all my years as a Christian minister i have never met anyone
    starving? giving someone a magazine is not teaching them, is it, sigh.
    You don't go looking for them either do You? Do you put money
    is the Salvation Army pot, or donate to the Red Cross, or to food
    banks? What do you do for the homeless and needy other than
    give them a magazine and preach JW doctrine?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:311 edit
    what a milk drinker you are, Jesus, Peter, and all the disciples, common fishermen
    could read, in fact, anyone could go to any synagogue and read the Torah, sure thing,
    you keep telling the forum that ignorance is all you need and from the person who was
    condemning Jehovahs witness with lies that we are anti -education, such a fraud, at
    every ...[text shortened]... eans everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you! John 17:3

suck it up with your milk!
    Christs disciples were not average people. Luke was a doctor and Matthew was a tax collector. They were educated and Christ chose them because they had a job to do to go and teach and preach so they needed to be educated.

You failed to answer the questions. The answer is that in those days the literacy rate around that area was between 10 - 20 % . Google it instead of guessing.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:31
    if there is a humanitarian need we shall address it, as in Japan when there was a
    tsunami, but we are in the business of educating persons, not of handing out stop gap
    measures in soup kitchens. I repeat our work is in teaching the application of Biblical
    principles, which we do, at our own expense!
    What is your organisation currently doing with regard to the famine in East Africa?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't go looking for them either do You? Do you put money
    is the Salvation Army pot, or donate to the Red Cross, or to food
    banks? What do you do for the homeless and needy other than
    give them a magazine and preach JW doctrine?
    dont go looking for them? we are in the business of helping everyone to apply Biblical
    principles in their life, not in making rice christians like the churches of Christendom.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:323 edits
    What is your organisation currently doing with regard to the famine in East Africa?
    I have no idea, why would be be doing anything, we are not in the business of
    providing humanitarian aid are we, we are in the business of helping people to help
    themselves through the application of Biblical principles, which particular countries are
    you referring to for if there are witnesses there i am sure they are doing what they
    can.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 14:36
    dont go looking for them? we are in the business of helping everyone to apply Biblical
    principles in their life, not in making rice christians like the churches of Christendom.
    Well, stop quoting James with "Faith without works is dead" then.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 16:50
    15 years.
    How many times each month, on average, would you say you go into peoples homes and deliver a Bible reading for them?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Now you are beginning to get the idea. 😏
    Such a simplistic viewpoint to say the least. You only look at the surface and the now and not what you could do to help someone in need of spiritual food and the knowledge that comes with that spiritual food. Instead it's the physical things your'e the putting importance on.
    Sure we need to help ones that need it now but that's not the whole point that Jesus and the apostles were speaking of. They also taught the spiritual aspects which will help ones to gain the knowledge to be approved by God and to gain life forever.
    Sure had ones in need a sandwich and that's great, but what if they know nothing of God? Will you take the needed time and effort to teach them all that needs to be learned by them to gain life?
    Oh yeah, I forgot. All you guys do is tell them to accept Jesus and their in. How far from the truth that is and how convienent that is for you...........
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:391 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you know :

- what % of the Jews in the time of Christ could read?
    - what % of the Jews had a copy of the Old Testament?
    - what % of the Greeks where Paul preached could read?
    - what % of the Greeks had a copy of the Old Testament ?

By your rules you would condemn everyone because they cannot read. Fortunately Christ looks at the heart and mind of people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree