1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'm losing interest. You're going to have to cut to the chase.
    Yes, you are and understandably so; we lack a shared frame of reference. Thanks for your time. -Bob
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We can't evolve. We must be changed by our Creator, Lord and Savior.

The Instructor
    Excuse me but that is very anti Christian. I am quite sure Christ expected mankind to change, to conscously evolve into a more loving specie. did he not implore that we shoud be like the lilies of the field, living in the present moment, not doing evil to each other.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:26
    Here is the visual, if you want to see what is "wrong" with the world today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

The Instructor
    Young people have wanted to live on the edge forever. It's called adolescence. Socrates recognized it and was put to death for corrupting yourth.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:51
    Longer, safer and healthier lives, perhaps, but I'm not so sure about happier. I really just don't think that is true.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure what the thing about biblical prophecy is about.
    I think freedom from fear of starvation, disease and war contribute to
    happiness although I would agree it is a very debatable point. I'm thinking
    of Maslow's Hierachy of Needs stuff

Suzianne raised the 4 horsemaen story ........
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 02:52
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Young people have wanted to live on the edge forever. It's called adolescence. Socrates recognized it and was put to death for corrupting yourth.
    RJHinds would have Socrates put to death too ... for thinking.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 04:51
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Excuse me but that is very anti Christian. I am quite sure Christ expected mankind to change, to conscously evolve into a more loving specie. did he not implore that we shoud be like the lilies of the field, living in the present moment, not doing evil to each other.
    I am not using the new atheist's definition of "evolve" to include any change over time. We deteriorate and die over time according to the second law of thermodynamics. That is a change for the worse. We can only change for the better through a belief in the Lord and Savior.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 18:52
    I am not using the new atheist's definition of "evolve" to include any change over time. We deteriorate and die over time according to the second law of thermodynamics. That is a change for the worse. We can only change for the better through a belief in the Lord and Savior.

The Instructor
    You have a misguided view of the second law of thermodynamics. If that was all that was involved, then a 200 pound dog would live the same number of years as a 200 pound man. You live in a very restrictive world.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 00:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You have a misguided view of the second law of thermodynamics. If that was all that was involved, then a 200 pound dog would live the same number of years as a 200 pound man. You live in a very restrictive world.
    I said nothing that indicates a belief that the number of years of life depends on weight.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 01:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Distraction, obfuscation, misdirection, and outright lying.

Do carry on, but let me know when you plan to do better than a mere stage magician. So far I see absolutely no reason to answer you at all.
    Answer him? you should apologize before you answer anyone
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 03:11
    Indecisive elected officials without vision or resolve.
  11. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Sep '13 15:52
    Peak oil will demonstrate how all our current "greatness" is built on a foundation of sand. It is unsustainable and if great changes are not made voluntarily in the near future, the whole edifice is going to come crashing down around our ears in a thunderous collapse.
    which is why i am looking into cold fusion to see if we have a chance
    it is intrieging if it is real. reading up on dr. eugene mallove for starters

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree