1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 07:50
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Many people abandon religion or belief in God after a traumatic event, whether it happened to them or a loved one.
    It was not so with me.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 07:51
    You based your decision on whether God exists and whether Jesus Christ’s Resurrection was true on what other people said about themselves and what they said about Jesus? Are you kidding?

The evidence that led you to no longer believe in God was other people talking about themselves and talking about what Jesus’ life meant?

I think your claim of bei ...[text shortened]... as true as Ghost’s claim of having a theology degree. No wonder you don’t want to talk about it.
    You'll just have to settle for what I have told you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 07:53
    You clearly believed in God at one point (as you said you were a Christian for decades) so you found His existence to be credible.
    Yes, I absolutely did. It felt as real and credible to me then, as it [still] feels real to people who are still Christians.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 07:551 edit
    You based your decision on whether God exists and whether Jesus Christ’s Resurrection was true on what other people said about themselves and what they said about Jesus? Are you kidding?

The evidence that led you to no longer believe in God was other people talking about themselves and talking about what Jesus’ life meant?

I think your claim of bei ...[text shortened]... as true as Ghost’s claim of having a theology degree. No wonder you don’t want to talk about it.
    I guess we could ask him whether or not he ever made a conscious decision to follow Christ when he 'was a Christian' and what lead him to make that decision. Or maybe he just woke up one day and realized he was a Christian?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 07:58
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You'll just have to settle for what I have told you.
    What you have told me is absurd.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:00
    Yes, I absolutely did. It felt as real and credible to me then, as it [still] feels real to people who are still Christians.
    And it was so real to you that people talking about themselves and about what Jesus’ life meant caused you to throw in the towel? Not buying it any more than I buy Ghost’s imaginary theological degree.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:01
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I guess we could ask him whether or not he ever made a conscious decision to follow Christ when he 'was a Christian' and what lead him to make that decision. Or maybe he just woke up one day and realized he was a Christian?
    He’s already answered all these questions. The fact we can’t remember his non-existent answers isn’t his fault.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:02
    What you have told me is absurd.
    It's the full extent of the personal information I am going to give you on this matter.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:04
    And it was so real to you that people talking about themselves and about what Jesus’ life meant caused you to throw in the towel? Not buying it any more than I buy Ghost’s imaginary theological degree.
    Once I realized I no longer believed the claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and have self-identified as a non-Christian ever since.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:05
    In past exchanges with FMF, he has claimed that he cannot choose to believe in something if he doesn't find it credible. So the question is what criteria does someone use to decide whether or not something is credible? Some people find the existence of God to be credible whereas other people don't. Do people have a choice whether or not they want to belie ...[text shortened]... external force that causes people to believe? I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.
    We have discussed this at length and in depth ~ and repeatedly too. It will be interesting to see how you get on discussing it with other people.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:08
    Once I realized I no longer believed the claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and have self-identified as a non-Christian ever since.
    Was there any rational thought process that lead to this realization that you can actually share or was it like one of those brain dead realizations you have when you realize that you have soiled your undergarments?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:09
    Was there any rational thought process that lead to this realization that you can actually share or was it like one of those brain dead realizations you have when you realize that you have soiled your undergarments?
    We discussed all this before ~ and more respectfully than this, I seem to recall.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:12
    We discussed all this before....
    Sounds like the same answer you gave me the last few times I asked you a question that you didn't want to or couldn't answer.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:15
    It's the full extent of the personal information I am going to give you on this matter.
    I couldn’t care less. Your claim of being a former Christian, imo, is as false as Ghost’s claim of having a degree in theology.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:16
    I couldn’t care less. Your claim of being a former Christian, imo, is as false as Ghost’s claim of having a degree in theology.
    It's 4.15 am where you claim to live. You have been posting all night, yet again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree