1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:44
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You think God has nothing to do with the Christian faith? You think Jesus Christ’s Resurrection has nothing to do with the Christian faith?
    Answers to your two questions: Of course I don't. And of course I don't.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:49
    I guess it depends on your motivation in claiming to have been a Christian and whether you’re purposefully being deceptive.
    What does you think about these things have to do with me?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:53
    I don’t think he was ever a Christian nor do I think he thinks that. He can’t possibly think God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son (and the Holy Spirit) have nothing to do with Christianity.
    There is always the possibility that he was born into a Christian family and identified with Christianity without ever being convinced that Christianity was the truth.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:56
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    In past exchanges with FMF, he has claimed that he cannot choose to believe in something if he doesn't find it credible. So the question is what criteria does someone use to decide whether or not something is credible? Some people find the existence of God to be credible whereas other people don't. Do people have a choice whether or not they want to belie ...[text shortened]... external force that causes people to believe? I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.
    What ‘makes you’ believe?

What criteria does someone use to decide whether or not something is credible?

Do people have a choice whether or not they want to believe in God?

If not, is there an external force that causes people to believe?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:56
    Which question would you like answered?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What ‘makes you’ believe?

What criteria does someone use to decide whether or not something is credible?

Do people have a choice whether or not they want to believe in God?

If not, is there an external force that causes people to believe?
    Yes those are the questions I asked in the OP. Are you going to venture an answer?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:59
    Nice dodge.

You shared nothing about that with me at any point, but you have a habit of falsely claiming you already answered questions when you’re caught with your knickers down.

No surprise you’re doing it again.
    It wasn’t a dodge, the topic of FMF’s loss of faith has been covered extensively with him being completely open about it on many occisaions; especially and specifically to you and the other forum nitwit Daniel Becker.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 08:59
    Which question would you like answered?
    Whichever question you fancy answering would be a good start.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Answers to your two questions: Of course I don't. And of course I don't.
    I’m talking about before you became an atheist. When you identified yourself as a Christian, did you believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? Did you believe in God? Did you believe that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:03
    It wasn’t a dodge, the topic of FMF’s loss of faith has been covered extensively with him being completely open about it on many occisaions; especially and specifically to you and the other forum nitwit Daniel Becker.
    You’re lying. He has never talked to me about it beyond what he’s said tonight.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:03
    This is the question that FMF cannot fully answer. He claims that after being exposed to stuff (stuff he somehow cannot specifically mention) he came to a realization that he no longer found Christianity to be credible. Apparently he had no choice here and he was not able to make an informed decision like other normal people do.
    FMF discussed this with you extensively over several threads. Do you think your behaviour now with this is something that will encourage him back to Christianity, or turn him off even more by making him think all Christians are small minded and mean spirited?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:04
    There is always the possibility that he was born into a Christian family and identified with Christianity without ever being convinced that Christianity was the truth.
    If that’s the case, then I’d say he wasn’t a Christian and it’s deceptive on his part to say he was,
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:041 edit
    So if FMF has not dodged the question as you claim, can you recall what his supposed answer to the question was?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:05
    I guess the next question is whether or not a 'realization' about the supernatural involves any rational thought processes and whether or not you have the ability to make decisions about your own supernatural beliefs or lack of them.
    Another question and still on page one.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '18 09:061 edit
    I’m talking about before you became an atheist. When you identified yourself as a Christian, did you believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? Did you believe in God? Did you believe that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God?
    You'll just have to make do with the personal information I have chosen to share with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree