Moves
    12 Jun '06 16:40
    So ... what might be said about George W Bush's spirituality? 😀
  2. RDU NC
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:17
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "your disdain for anyone different from you is quite clear."

You are incorrect to assert this. I do not have disdain for others simply because they are different from me. I am not racist, sexist or homophobic, for example.

I do however, despise imbeciles like you who hate homosexuals simply because the bible tells them to.

EDIT quote from you; "based on the bible i do not approve of gay marriage".
    I appologize for my comment about your disdain for those different from you. I should just have said your disdain for Christians.

Correction: I do not hate homosexuals. I have many friends who are gay and several close brothers in Christ who were former homosexuals several of whom are now married with children. And, they did not stop being gay before or even when they became a christian. It took several years in some cases to surrender that part of their life. No sir, I do not hate these people and neither does God. Christianity is a religion for the out-casts and the down-trodden by main stream society. True christianity is not popular or trendy. It is counter-cultural. I think this is an example of this.

And while I do not concider myself an imbecile, I can understand why you would assume so. I once confused H.G. Wells with Orson Wells. I'm not always altogether that bright. But my faith in God and trust in His Word, I do not consider these to be points of stupidity on my part. But, that Book that I trust, you know, the Bible, tells me that you will think me foolish for trusting it. So, in a way, your insults are actually solidifying my trust in the Word.
  3. RDU NC
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If there was a law banning muslim prayer would you agree with it? Of course based on the Bible you would not approve of people being muslim, but as long as thier practices do not directly harm you or others, you have no right to ban them, approval or not. I personally dont 'approve' of many Christian practices, but as long as they dont affect anyone other ...[text shortened]... those practicing them, I will not object and will cirtainly not aprove of a law banning them.
    I can understand your point of view. I even appreciate it. As a Christian, I appreciate your tolerance, as an unbeliever. I question how far your tolerance would go. If Christians really started living like they should in today's culture. I know I struggle to live rightly. I am far too scared of what people would say, think, and even do to me if I expressed all the things I believe. But, I feel safe here to at least share them.

Would I outlaw Muslim prayer? Absolutely not.
    Do I want all Muslims to become Christians? Yes, if you define Christianity Biblicaly, which I don't think many people do (even those who claim to be Christian)

I have spent a considerable amount of time in the Middle East. I love it there. The people are so hospitible and pleasant. And now that Beirut has a Starbucks I plan on spending much more time there. Plus Chess is second only to Backgammon there. I think it's the other way around, but I'm not going to argue. And Muslims make the BEST coffee and cigarettes in the world. These are things I wouldn't change about them. There are many other things I wouldn't change about them. But let it suffice to say that I love Muslims, and because of my love for them I want them to be supremely happy. Psalm 16:11 quotes God as saying "In my presence is the fullness of JOY and in my right hand are PLEASURES forever more." That's what I want for myself and all people.
  4. RDU NC
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 19:47
    Sorry walking into the middle of a debate here about gay couple adopting children.
    now, as to bush's spirituallity...

as i said before, I'm not all that impressed with bush. I am a fundemental, young-earth creationist, bible is literal type of christian. (i expect many of you will soon write about my stupidity for believe such things; both christian and non-christian). i think that if bush is a christian, he's actually more liberal than he would care to admit. but, most of his moral stances, i agree with. now, many of his politcal stance, for instance, the "war" in Iraq. i am tired and bored with it. i support the military because i support the US and her armies. but, i do not agree with our presence there any longer. i am glad hussein is out of office, but we should have left when that was done. now we're just being bullies trying to cover up for bush's mispoken purpose for being there.

anyway, that's my two cents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree