1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:39
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you believe they should go to hell if they continue to reject him?
    It does not matter much what I think. The question is what does God think and whether or not they care what he thinks.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 00:29
    Do any Christians think that such persecution comes because they are "God's chosen people"? After all, the Jewish people brought us the Messiah and have a place in end time prophecy in Revelation. In Revelation chapter 12, it appears to describe this scenerio of persecution of not only the Jewish people, but of Christians as well.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 00:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do Sub-Saharan Africans have such a history of persecution as do the Jews?
    Arabs have been enslaving ssAfricans since the 8th century CE. The Jews have this beat; they've been enslaved since before the CE. However, nowadays Jews are present in many high status positions in the world and Israel gets a lot more attention and support from the western world (mostly the US) than ssAfrica does. I never hear of anti-Jew racism any more; anti-Zionism, yes, anti-Jew, not really. The levels of hatred and contempt for Africans and African Americans are much more pronounced. It's a tough call.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Arabs have been enslaving ssAfricans since the 8th century CE. The Jews have this beat; they've been enslaved since before the CE. However, nowadays Jews are present in many high status positions in the world and Israel gets a lot more attention and support from the western world (mostly the US) than ssAfrica does. I never hear of anti-Jew racism any ...[text shortened]... d and contempt for Africans and African Americans are much more pronounced. It's a tough call.
    I would say that the poor often get neglected and abused simply because they are poor. This is a world wide phenomenon. It matters little what race or religion you are. As far as anitsemitism goes, however, this is also a world wide phenomenon that seems to go back as far as the Jewish race came into existence. However, it seems the reverse is true about being abused and being poor. It seems they are resented for success and often are viewed as keeping the working man down, so to speak.

Did you read the web site I provided. It seems as though they have had many holocausts and episodes of slavery. They have continually been stripped of money, power, and prestige as well as their very lives a 1000 times over, yet they keep on bouncing back. You are right. They now have their own nation back and many Jewish people are highly successful in the world despite the continuing hate out there. What this says to me is that perhaps God has his hand on them and continues to bless them and ensure their survival in the world despite overwhelming odds.

Edit: If you do have a web site that speaks about the African plight and persecutions, I would like to see it and compare.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 01:251 edit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrophobia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_profiling
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=45679http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28historical_definitions%29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race#Origins

Notice in the latter two how "Nubians" have been called a specific race since ancient Egypt (the Book of Gates) and ssAfricans have been split off into a specific race consistently in every "race list" in the Hostorical Definitions link. The Jews do not seem to be. ssAfricans are always the "other" and always have been to the dominant societies.
  6. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 02:23
    Atheists are the most persecuted, especially Catholic atheists, of which all of them happen to be.

-JC
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 04:18
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Notice in the latter two how "Nubians" have been called a specific race since ancient Egypt (the Book of Gates) and ssAfricans have been split off into a specific race consistently in every "race list" in the Hostorical Definitions link. The Jews do not seem to be. ssAfricans are always the "other" and always have been to the dominant societies.
    Anyone with sincere motivation can convert to Judaism; I'm not sure if the same applies to people with a hankering to be black (though a certain RHP clan has done pioneering work in this field).

Discussing which race is subjected to the most prejudice is fairly distasteful. I could make up a list (Tutsis would feature prominently; Gypsies too) but I somehow don't think that's what whodey is really after.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 07:10
    It fails to cover the Jewish plight before 70 CE, however. This includes the Exodus out of Egypt after 400 years of slavery as well as the struggle to become a nation and subsequent myriad of invasions and captivities before 70 CE.
    Firstly I beleive that the whole 400 years of slavery in Egypt is a made up story.
    Secondly I believe that during the exitence of the state of Israel, the palestinians have suffered more than the Israelis.
    I belive Arabs have a long history of suffering at the hands of Christians.
    But how do you quantify it all and exactly what constitutes a 'race'? In general any people who leave thier homeland to settle in another country, but keep thier culture strong and do not mix with thier new neighbours often get persecuted in some way. This happens a lot to indians in africa.
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 10:34
    Do any Christians think that such persecution comes because they are "God's chosen people"? After all, the Jewish people brought us the Messiah and have a place in end time prophecy in Revelation. In Revelation chapter 12, it appears to describe this scenerio of persecution of not only the Jewish people, but of Christians as well.
    So it would seem....

Matthew 27:
    22. Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
    23. And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
    24. When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
    25. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
  10. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 13:42
    Sometimes Jews (and other non-Christians) often make the mistake of not distinguishing between “Christians” and “Gentiles.” The “church” is full of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ, or do not following His teachings. This is as He said it would be in the parable He told of the wheat and tares. Early in Christianity the Apostle Paul warned that evil men would come into the church…he called them wolves in sheep’s clothing…they would sneak in under the guise of being Christian, but deny the Gospel. Paul also was aware that there were some men already in his day preaching in Jesus’ name for money (imagine that!).

The point is, a lot of what’s been done in Jesus’ name wasn’t.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 20:45
    I came across this thread the other day.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/jud_pers.htm

This web site begins covering the persecution of the Jewish people from 70 CE till the end of the Second World War. It fails to cover the Jewish plight before 70 CE, however. This includes the Exodus out of Egypt after 400 years of slavery as well as the struggle t ...[text shortened]... s nor do I think they should be persecuted and "pay" for their continued rejection of him.
    I would say taht any one that is a true follower of the true and living God is hated the most and the race that is hated teh most is whites or mexicans.
  12. Cosmos
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 02:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I would say taht any one that is a true follower of the true and living God is hated the most and the race that is hated teh most is whites or mexicans.
    I wolud say taht anynoe who canont be botheerd to chcek to see if the letrtes to the wodrs in his post are the rihgt way aruond shuold be haetd the most.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 03:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Firstly I beleive that the whole 400 years of slavery in Egypt is a made up story.
    Secondly I believe that during the exitence of the state of Israel, the palestinians have suffered more than the Israelis.
    I belive Arabs have a long history of suffering at the hands of Christians.
    But how do you quantify it all and exactly what constitutes a 'race'? In ...[text shortened]... hier new neighbours often get persecuted in some way. This happens a lot to indians in africa.
    You've been hanging around froggie too long, unfortunately. Apparently Moses needed some type of instant history around which to rally two million people, thus he appropriated the slavery motif from (fill in applicable ancient myth and/or actual history).

So compelling was that story, that the ancient Israelites decided to use it as a base for their entire mythistory. Unenamored with actual facts, the whole race of Jewish people is actually itself an amalgamation of various trials that regular joes have endured--- a cosmic everyman, a type of real-life scapegoat/Polocks made out of sundry situations. Know this: there are no real Jews, they are just illustrations of the human condition.

That whole Holocaust thing? Faked!
    Maccabees? Faked!
    Israel? Doesn't exist!

The sooner we can get our minds around the reality of the non-existence of the Jewish race (and realize their 'history' was just written as an object lesson), the better off we will all be. Thank you, twitehead: we are forever in your debt for revealing the man behind the curtain.

Bleeckkkk.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 06:35
    I would say that the poor often get neglected and abused simply because they are poor.
    Are you saying that Africans have only suffered because they are poor?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 06:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You've been hanging around froggie too long, unfortunately. Apparently Moses needed some type of instant history around which to rally two million people, thus he appropriated the slavery motif from (fill in applicable ancient myth and/or actual history).
    I dont know if Moses existed. Can you provide any evidence outside the Bible for the existence of Jewish slaves in Egypt or for any of the events described about the time of Moses? Are you aware that the basic story exists in other cultures and predates the Jewish version?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree