1. Joined
    28 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 12:20
    The comment that christians do not fall in same category as muslim using jihad as excuse to carry out bombings in my opinion is false. Many cults use jesus and many peoples beliefs to commit mass suicides. There so much corruption in the christian faith which is then covered up by use of the bible saying this done this way because the bible says it is wrong or they carried out an act cause the words of god say so. Any faith that uses a symbol or book to cover up atrocities therehas to be something wrong. Im not saying that faith is a bad thing but if we are lead our lifes by a book or scripture i think people nowadays have twisted the meaning a great deal.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 13:30
    Originally posted by endersgame
    The comment that christians do not fall in same category as muslim using jihad as excuse to carry out bombings in my opinion is false. Many cults use jesus and many peoples beliefs to commit mass suicides. There so much corruption in the christian faith which is then covered up by use of the bible saying this done this way because the bible says it is wro ...[text shortened]... our lifes by a book or scripture i think people nowadays have twisted the meaning a great deal.
    You are correct that many cults claim Jesus as their own and/or claim that their leader is the Messiah. The problem is, is that the teachings of Christ often contradict the intent of many of these cults which is to control people and possibly to get those followers to do violence in the name of God. If the leader does not claim to be Christ himself, what you often see is another Bible written such as the JW's, and Mormons, and Muslims to name a few and merely say that the original Bible has been tampered with. Then they can rewrite and re-teach the message of Christ according to their specifications. Messages such as to love your neighbor as yourself and love your enemies and do good to them that despitefully use you can be either omitted completely or twisted. If the leader claims to be Christ then all that needs to be done is say you are adding to his teachings. I have found that people who are mislead are often ignorant of scripture in general and therefore take other people's word for what the Bible says. I therefore conclude that the reason for this deception is often rooted in ignorance and this ignorance is often due to lazyness and/or lack of intellect. Since the general message of Christ is made simple I would say it is mostly due to being lazy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree