1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 06:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you saying that Africans have only suffered because they are poor?
    I will not be so bold to say that all suffering comes from poverty. However, statistically those who are live in poverty suffer many more hardships than those who do not. Being African changes nothing regarding these truths.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 06:53
    I dont know if Moses existed. Can you provide any evidence outside the Bible for the existence of Jewish slaves in Egypt or for any of the events described about the time of Moses? Are you aware that the basic story exists in other cultures and predates the Jewish version?
    For some one who has never existed, he sure has become famous.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 07:001 edit
    Firstly I beleive that the whole 400 years of slavery in Egypt is a made up story.
    Secondly I believe that during the exitence of the state of Israel, the palestinians have suffered more than the Israelis.
    I belive Arabs have a long history of suffering at the hands of Christians.
    But how do you quantify it all and exactly what constitutes a 'race'? In ...[text shortened]... hier new neighbours often get persecuted in some way. This happens a lot to indians in africa.
    And I believe that Noah's ark exists. So what?

I have provided ample evidence for showing the persecution of God's chosen people in the world since the begining of recorded history. Where is the evidence for your beliefs?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 09:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    For some one who has never existed, he sure has become famous.
    Fame is not an indicator of truth. Infact the opposite may be true. The more famous something is the more fabrications are made about it.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 09:071 edit
    Infact the opposite may be true.
    The fact remains that I provide evidence to back my claims while you use conjecture and belief to support your claims.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 09:21
    And I believe that Noah's ark exists. So what?

I have provided ample evidence for showing the persecution of God's chosen people in the world since the begining of recorded history. Where is the evidence for your beliefs?
    Yet you havent provided any way to measure the said persecution. According to the Moses story, the egyptians suffered more than the Jews at that time.
    In my view racism against black people has always exceeded antisemitism world wide, with the possible exception of a few years around the second world war. Remembering though that then and now nazis and thier supporters were racist against black people too.
    The fact that the jewish people and thier culture remain to this day is in fact an indication that they never experienced a genocide to the extent of wipeing out thier culture as has happened to many other peoples throughout history, sometimes at the hands of jews and christians.
    You still have not said why you think that Israel is more persecuted than the palestinians.

It is a fact that recorded history shows without doubt that more black people have been enslaved than jews.

You want links, start here
    http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/blackholocaust.html
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 14:36
    Unless you define a metric for hatred, your question is meaningless.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 17:415 edits
    Yet you havent provided any way to measure the said persecution. According to the Moses story, the egyptians suffered more than the Jews at that time.
    In my view racism against black people has always exceeded antisemitism world wide, with the possible exception of a few years around the second world war. Remembering though that then and now nazis and th ...[text shortened]... want links, start here
    http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/blackholocaust.html
    Now thats more like it! I would say this, however. When you refer to "black", you are refering to people of a certain skin pigmentation. You are not refering specifically to a particular culture/religion. In fact, Africa is a "hodge-podge" of religions and cultures.

Growing up, have you ever been around another child that looks differnet in any way? What happens to him? He typically incurs the wrath of other children that see him as "different". This difference is a percieved threat to the world that they know and understand. It would be nice to think as people age that they also mature and would not engage in similair behavior, but we know this is not the case. I think this is more at the core of why "black" are persecuted more on average.

In regards to the Jewish people, however, there is no such visible differnece. In fact, the Jewish people were often told to wear certain badges and other items of clothing that would distinguish them as differnt so that they could incur the wrath of others as do "blacks" incur wrath naturally from other people because of the different color of their skin. This was done in many instances throughout history to the Jewish people and is most infamous with Hilter as he made them wear the star of David to dinstinguish themselves. You see, if there is no visible difference in another person, it is much harder to discriminate against them due to the fact that they are harder to spot. My question is why was this done repeatidly to the Jewish people over the centuries and to no other people of a particular culture/religion.
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:031 edit
    My question is why was this done repeatidly to the Jewish people over the centuries and to no other people of a particular culture/religion.
    In the Old Testament, God repeatedly allowed other nations to rise up against Israel to punish them for disobedience. In the New Testament, when Pilate could find no fault in Jesus, they said crucify Him anyway, and his blood be on us and our children. i.e. they were assuming responsibility for his death.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:063 edits
    Originally posted by masscat
    In the Old Testament, God repeatedly allowed other nations to rise up against Israel to punish them for disobedience. In the New Testament, when Pilate could find no fault in Jesus, they said crucify Him anyway, and his blood be on us and our children. i.e. they were assuming responsibility for his death.
    So do you think the persecution of Jews is therefore justifiable using such logic as has been done by "Christians" throughout history? Granted, God raised up other nations against them to chastise them at times for their sin, but he then turned around and chastised the other nations due to their cruelty and inhumanity towards Israel in the process. The lesson learned is that God judges and chastises sin and not that the sinner necessarily be damned if they repent. Once God chasitsed Israel, he then turned his face back to them again and again and again as they rebuilt and reestablished their nation and their relationship with him. Just becasue God chooses to chastise them in no way means he has given up on them and wants us to be cruel towards them. If you don't believe me just read Revelation and you will see Israels role in the final sulution to the Jewish question which is the 1000 year millenial reign with Christ.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:07
    You can't pin the rap on a whole nation for the sake of a bloodthirsty mob. And who's to say there were only Jews in the crowd? Bloody hell. This is the nastiest reasoning I have come across for some time.
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:18
    In the Old Testament, God repeatedly allowed other nations to rise up against Israel to punish them for disobedience.
    Right then. I'm off to Egypt to kill some first-born sons.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:393 edits
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Right then. I'm off to Egypt to kill some first-born sons.
    I would say that there is chastisement that comes from God and their is persecution that comes from Satan. Chastisement in no way evokes cruelty as a prerequisite. If a parent is loving, that parent will chastise their children when appropriate. Chastisement in an unloving form often is equated with abuse. The main function of chatisement in a loving form is correction to prevent further behavoir that is detremental to those that we love. Persecution is more in the lines of abuse and its funcion is mainly to feed the fire of anger, hate, and fear. The killing of the Israeli first born by the Egyptians that you refered to is more along the lines of persectuion and unloving chastisement.
  14. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 19:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You can't pin the rap on a whole nation for the sake of a bloodthirsty mob. And who's to say there were only Jews in the crowd? Bloody hell. This is the nastiest reasoning I have come across for some time.
    I didn't say this...you can read about it in your Bible.
  15. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 20:06
    [b]So do you think the persecution of Jews is therefore justifiable using such logic as has been done by "Christians" throughout history?
    See my post on page two re things done by "Christians." The nations going against Israel were not always "Christian" nations. It's not for me to judge what God has allowed to happen to His people whether by heathen nations, Nazis, or Arabs. And, of course, in Revelation, Russia and the European nations of the revised Roman Empire (Common Market nations?) are not out of the picture either. In Revelation, it describes a miracle from God that saves Israel from total desctruction; recognition by Israel that only God has saved them is what causes them to realize Jesus was the Messiah. BTW the promise God made to bless them that bless Israel and curse them that curse Israel is still in effect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree