1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 17:24
    I came across this thread the other day.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/jud_pers.htm

This web site begins covering the persecution of the Jewish people from 70 CE till the end of the Second World War. It fails to cover the Jewish plight before 70 CE, however. This includes the Exodus out of Egypt after 400 years of slavery as well as the struggle to become a nation and subsequent myriad of invasions and captivities before 70 CE. Nor does it cover the struggle after WWll to become a soveriegn nation in 1948. This includes Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia declaring war on Israel and subsequently invading Israel immediatly after the UN declared them sovereign. Israel then faced about 5 wars all together until today since 1948. I think we all know the trouble and persecution they have received in modern times with the Palestinian struggle and such. We are told today by heads of state such as Iran that the Zionists should be driven into the sea and that such events as the Holocaust never happened!!??!?! My question is, why is antisemitism seem to be such a powerful force not only in the world today, but also in the world of yersterday? Also is it not unparalleled in terms of scope and duration of persecution than any other religion/race of people?

Edit: I am well aware that a considerable amount of antisemitism in the web site I have provided is from "Christian" influences. I am willing to tackle such facts, however, even though I am a Christian. However, I do not hold to the notion that the Jews are responsible and should "pay" for the death of Jesus nor do I think they should be persecuted and "pay" for their continued rejection of him.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Which religion / race is the most hated?
    Quantity or quality?
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 18:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    However, I do not hold to the notion that the Jews are responsible and should "pay" for the death of Jesus nor do I think they should be persecuted and "pay" for their continued rejection of him.
    Do you believe they should go to hell if they continue to reject him?
  4. RDU NC
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 20:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you believe they should go to hell if they continue to reject him?
    jew and gentile alike. for there are neither jew nor greek, slave nor free, male nor female before god. we must all be saved the same way. the blood of christ.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    there are neither male nor female before god.
    Then how can homosexuality even exist, much less be sinful, in the eyes of God?

How can God have commanded that the man ought to be the head of the family, if what you say is true?

How could he have instructed Noah to gather a male and female of each kind, if what you say is true?
  6. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 22:161 edit
    Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

It exists as explained in Romans 1:26-27: For this cause (that is, they changed the truth of God by saying it’s a lie) God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

What the Bible is talking about here is the way God looks at us spiritually…..you are either one of His children, or you are as Jesus told the Pharisees, “You are of your father, the Devil.” He is not talking about sex.

Ephesians 5:23-25.
    23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
    25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

This is the order of the family unit as God desires it to be. Man is the head of the family. Notice it also says we are to love our wives like Jesus loved the church. We can’t treat them any old kind of way.

I know most of you may not agree with what the Bible teaches, but that’s your choice.

1 Samuel 8:7. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

It’s not Big Mac you are disagreeing with; it’s God.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 22:24
    I can't decide - Jews or sub-Saharan Africans?
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 22:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Ethiopian Jews. Not terribly welcome even in Israel.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 22:34
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Ethiopian Jews. Not terribly welcome even in Israel.
    Poor suckers.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:27
    Originally posted by masscat

It’s not Big Mac you are disagreeing with; it’s God.
    Is it true that there are neither male nor female before God, or is Big Mac wrong about that?
  11. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:31
    Then how can homosexuality even exist, much less be sinful, in the eyes of God?

How can God have commanded that the man ought to be the head of the family, if what you say is true?

How could he have instructed Noah to gather a male and female of each kind, if what you say is true?
    Perhaps God was speaking figuratively...
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:33
    Is it true that there are neither male nor female before God, or is Big Mac wrong about that?
    He is refering to, or at least I believe he is, to Christ's teaching that spiritually there is neither male nor female when we die.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:35
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Quantity or quality?
    Both. I think the Jewish people has everyone beat. Does any one disagree?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Do Sub-Saharan Africans have such a history of persecution as do the Jews?
  15. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:36
    As the lawyers say....asked and answered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree