1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 14:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Did you not read all the discussions we all had a few weeks ago about how spirit creatures such as angels can materialize into fleshly bodies and be touched, eat, have sexual relations as they did before the flood, etc? They can appear as human as you and I.
    Think about Jesus and think about the wound he had on his side when a hand was put in it to see ...[text shortened]... ng into the sky.” (Acts 1:11) Thus Christ’s return also would be invisible, in a spiritual body.
    This is so ridiculous it is funny.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 14:25
    How was Jesus baptized?
    He was sprinkled according to the custom of the Jews.
    For example see Ezekiel 36:26 and Isaiah 52:15.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 14:46
    "One big difference about the Resurection of Yahshua (Jesus) is that
    He raised himself!"

Ok now who's teaching lies? Are you serious? How can something dead raise itself from death and back to life?
    Do you also believe Jesus was a liar?

The Jews then said to Him, “What sign do You show us as your authority
    for doing these things?” Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple,
    and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took
    forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three
    days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
    (John 2:18-21 NASB)

For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that
    I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it
    down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have
    authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My
    Father.” (John 10:17-18 NASB)
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you also believe Jesus was a liar?

The Jews then said to Him, “What sign do You show us as your authority
    for doing these things?” Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple,
    and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took
    forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three
    days?” But He was speaking of th ...[text shortened]... uthority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My
    Father.” (John 10:17-18 NASB)
    As evident from the context, John 2:19 pertains to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. We read: “Jesus said to them: ‘Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.’ Therefore the Jews said: ‘This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?’ But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say this; and they believed the Scripture and the saying that Jesus said:”—John 2:19-22.
    It should be noted that, in telling about the fulfillment of Jesus’ statement, the Bible does not say ‘he raised himself up from the dead,’ but “he was raised up from the dead.” Other scriptures clearly show that God was the One who resurrected his Son. The apostle Peter told Cornelius and his relatives and close friends: “God raised this One up on the third day.” (Acts 10:40) Hebrews 13:20 speaks of God as the One “who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an everlasting covenant, our Lord Jesus.” And, in his letter to the Romans, the apostle Paul wrote: “If, now, the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.” (Rom. 8:11) Accordingly, Jesus Christ simply could not have meant that he would raise himself up from the dead.
    Jesus, however, did know that he was going to die and be resurrected. On another occasion he told unbelieving scribes and Pharisees: “A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking for a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah the prophet. For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.” (Matt. 12:39, 40) Having this advance knowledge about his death and resurrection, Jesus, in a predictive sense, could speak of ‘raising up the temple of his body.’ Since he foretold it, it was just as if he was going to do it. This might be illustrated with Ezekiel 43:3, where the prophet Ezekiel states: “I came to bring the city [Jerusalem] to ruin,” that is, by foretelling its destruction. Ezekiel as an exile in Babylon had no part in actually destroying Jerusalem; that was done by the Babylonians. But his prophecy, being divinely inspired, made it as good as done. (Compare also Jeremiah 1:10.) Similarly, Jehovah God resurrected his Son, but Jesus could speak of doing so in a prophetic sense.
    Moreover, God’s will, charge or command respecting his Son was that he die and be restored to life. Jesus willingly surrendered his life in harmony with his Father’s purpose. Jesus could therefore raise up the temple of his body in the sense that he had the authority to receive life again.
    On the third day God commanded Jesus to rise from the dead, and he did so by accepting or receiving life at his Father’s hand, by God’s authority. Along with life as a spirit Son, he received the right to perfect human life that, by dying in full innocence, he had not forfeited. This merit of his human sacrifice he thereafter presented to his Father in heaven. (Heb. 9:11-14, 24-28) This is in agreement with Jesus’ words at John 10:17, 18: “The Father loves me because I lay down my life, to receive it back again. No one has robbed me of it; I am laying it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to receive it back again; this charge I have received from my Father.”—New English Bible.

Again note this biblical fact. No scripture states that Jesus resurrected himself and many scriptures speak of his Father Jehovah as the one who resurrected his son Jesus.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:34
    This is so ridiculous it is funny.
    You are truly blind.....
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:35
    You are truly blind.....
    Funny. The blind leading the blind. Okay.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:401 edit
    He was sprinkled according to the custom of the Jews.
    For example see Ezekiel 36:26 and Isaiah 52:15.
    Wrong again. You really need to STUDY your Bible....

All translations clearly indicate this and NONE say anything about being sprinkled.

Matthew 3:13-17
    Good News Translation (GNT)

The Baptism of Jesus(; , )
    13 At that time Jesus arrived from Galilee and came to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.14 But John tried to make him change his mind.
    I ought to be baptized by you, John said,
    and yet you have come to me!
    15 But Jesus answered him,
    Let it be so for now. For in this way we shall do all that God requires. So John agreed.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, ((((((((he came up out of the water.)))))))))))

Then heaven was opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God coming down like a dove and lighting on him.17 Then a voice said from heaven,
    This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased.

Cross references:Matthew 3:13 : Mark 1:9-Mark 1:11; Matthew 3:13 : Luke 3:21; Matthew 3:13 : Luke 3:22; Matthew 3:17 : Matt 3:17; Gen 22:2; Ps 2:7; Isa 42:1; Matt 12:18; Matt 17:5; Mark 1:11; Luke 9:35;

Complete Immersion.

From the definition of baptism as stated earlier, it is clear that baptism is complete immersion or submersion in water, not a mere pouring or sprinkling. The Bible examples of baptism corroborate this fact. Jesus was baptized in a sizable river, the Jordan, and after being baptized he came “up out of the water.” (Mr 1:10; Mt 3:13, 16) John selected a location in the Jordan Valley near Salim to baptize, “because there was a great quantity of water there.” (Joh 3:23) The Ethiopian eunuch asked to be baptized when they came to “a body of water.” They both “went down into the water.” Afterward they came “up out of the water.” (Ac 8:36-40) All these instances imply, not a small ankle-deep pool, but a large body of water into and out of which they would have to walk. Further, the fact that baptism was also used to symbolize a burial indicates complete submersion.—Ro 6:4-6; Col 2:12.
    Historical sources show that the early Christians baptized by immersion. On this subject the New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967, Vol. II, p. 56) states: “It is evident that Baptism in the early Church was by immersion.” Larousse du XXe Siècle, Paris, 1928, says: “The first Christians received baptism by immersion everywhere where water was found.”
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:46
    Funny. The blind leading the blind. Okay.
    I see very clearly....
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:48
    As evident from the context, John 2:19 pertains to the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. We read: “Jesus said to them: ‘Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.’ Therefore the Jews said: ‘This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?’ But he was talking about the temple of his body. ...[text shortened]... imself and many scriptures speak of his Father Jehovah as the one who resurrected his son Jesus.
    So as I said you believe Jesus was a Liar. He lied when He said He had
    authority to take back His life and he would raise the temple of His body
    in three days. So I know were you stand now. To you Jesus can not
    be God because He is a liar and God is not a man that He should lie.
    It is all there in scripture. He was also a false prophet because He
    was not in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights but only 1 day and 2 nights.
    Jesus must be Satan in disguise with all His lies, since Satan is the father
    of lies. It is all right there in scripture. I understand now.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 16:00
    So as I said you believe Jesus was a Liar. He lied when He said He had
    authority to take back His life and he would raise the temple of His body
    in three days. So I know were you stand now. To you Jesus can not
    be God because He is a liar and God is not a man that He should lie.
    It is all there in scripture. He was also a false prophet because He
    wa ...[text shortened]... ies, since Satan is the father
    of lies. It is all right there in scripture. I understand now.
    Whatever dude....Your really lost.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 16:101 edit
    Wrong again. You really need to STUDY your Bible....

All translations clearly indicate this and NONE say anything about being sprinkled.

Matthew 3:13-17
    Good News Translation (GNT)

The Baptism of Jesus(; , )
    13 At that time Jesus arrived from Galilee and came to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.14 But John tried to make him change h ...[text shortened]... 28, says: “The first Christians received baptism by immersion everywhere where water was found.”
    It does not say anything about immersion. Only that they went in to the
    water to be baptized. Baptism for the Jews was not immersion. The
    custom of the Jews was to sprinkle. They sometime sprinkled blood
    and other times they sprinkled water. I gave you reference in Ezekiel
    where God said He would sprinkle water on His people to cleanse them
    of the filth of their sins and idols when He brought them out of the nations.
    Also another reference in Isaiah. You have given no reference that says
    they went under the water to be baptized. Can you give me at least one?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 16:511 edit
    It does not say anything about immersion. Only that they went in to the
    water to be baptized. Baptism for the Jews was not immersion. The
    custom of the Jews was to sprinkle. They sometime sprinkled blood
    and other times they sprinkled water. I gave you reference in Ezekiel
    where God said He would sprinkle water on His people to cleanse them
    of the ...[text shortened]... o reference that says
    they went under the water to be baptized. Can you give me at least one?
    Mark 1:10
    Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

10 As soon as he came up out of the water, Jesus saw the sky open. He saw God's Holy Spirit come down on him like a bird called a dove.

Now show us one where it says he was "sprinkled by water"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 16:571 edit
    Also just use common sense man. Why would John the Baptist be out in the middle of a river if a sprinkling is all that was needed? Why not just do as some religions do now and have some false ceremony and just have a bowl with so called holy water and sprinkle it on his head? Don't you think that would have been easier doing that on shore somewhere then out in the deep water of the Jorden?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 17:00
    Mark 1:10
    Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

10 As soon as he came up out of the water, Jesus saw the sky open. He saw God's Holy Spirit come down on him like a bird called a dove.

Now show us one where it says he was "sprinkled by water"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism
    Show me where it says He went down under the water.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 17:021 edit
    Show me where it says He went down under the water.
    Can you seriously not read what I posted and understand? Unbelieveable. The bible, your bible says he was baptised and that's how they baptised all then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree