1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 02:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Yes because being a much older and larger denomination of Christianity they must know
    less than your recent upstart denomination....

Not that I am any fan of the Catholic Denomination you understand.

I just am amused at your dismissing a much older an larger denomination of your religion.
    Particularly as you once said there were more religious p ...[text shortened]... ere closer to the source". In Christianity, you don't get much further back than Catholicism.
    Over time the Gentiles have taken over Christianity and peppered it with
    pagan religion. Most Jewish thought has been distorted to agree with
    paganism. And the Jewish Christians that started the whole thing have
    been driven out. The date for Passover has been changed to conform
    to the Pagan holiday, Easter, and in the English speaking countries it
    is even called Easter, including the egg and the bunny. The Roman
    Catholic Churches false claims and control over the scriptures in the
    west made it very easy for them to dismiss Jewish holidays as they
    made demons of Jews and establish other Holidays like Christmas to
    attract and appease the new Gentile pagan converts. I have no respect
    for the RCC because even when they know they are wrong it is hard, if
    not, impossible to get them to fess up.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 08:19
    Originally posted by pete3246
    actually I played lots of game about a year ago....then didn't come back til yesterday and my games are gone for some reason....

you look like a good first challenge...... bring it smart ass
    Hey ,man, where are your stats?? I would feel nervous playing against someone with no stats like that. Why would they not have your games recorded? Whats the deal here?

BTW feel free to challenge 🙂 ...you can be white
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 08:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Hey ,man, where are your stats?? I would feel nervous playing against someone with no stats like that. Why would they not have your games recorded? Whats the deal here?

He is waiting for someone to challenge him. You can still challenge and
    take Black.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 10:15
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    In Christianity, you don't get much further back than Catholicism.
    The Catholic creed was established by Constantine 380 years after Christ. Millions of Catholics will disagree, but Roman Catholicism has little to do with contemporary NT Christianity.
  5. England
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 11:33
    yes I mean't from the time he was arrested.

No I didn't answer my question....she was still in pain every day... she did have peace of mind though...weather the story is true or not.... it was at the very least a plecebo for her.....but it might have been just as effective if he had slammed his hand in the door and the story was pumped up around that
    i doubt the gospel would have ment much if he had hurt his hand, as the point of dieing he rose from the dead to show there was a after life. there were at that time men claiming to be the one, but fell away.
    if you say it was a plecebo affect its a pretty powerful one to sustain her all her illness.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 11:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That might be your problem...Roman Catholic.
    Ah, so YOUR particular subset of christianity is inherently superior to the Catholic faith then? So more of your brand will go to heaven than Catholics?

Can't you see a problem in this conundrum?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 13:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A conundrum is a problem; isn't it?
  8. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 14:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

I have no idea what happened to my stats......I wish I could find my old games...its been about year since I've played....I guess I have to start back at the begining...

challenge me
  9. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 14:45
    Originally posted by stoker
    i doubt the gospel would have ment much if he had hurt his hand, as the point of dieing he rose from the dead to show there was a after life. there were at that time men claiming to be the one, but fell away.
    if you say it was a plecebo affect its a pretty powerful one to sustain her all her illness.
    unfortunatly all that faith only eased her mind...it didn't physically do anything.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 16:13
    A couple problems I have with the story of Jesus.

First is the dieing on the cross....whats so great about that?... he suffered 3 days and died. I had an aunt who suffered for 40 years with MS. Never lost her faith ...went to church and trust me it was as much physical and mental suffering as a man would go through being nailed to a cross...especially ...[text shortened]... ouldn't he just slam his hand in a door or something and say that clears up every thing?...
    Give this a try. It will help.....

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19990701/article_02.htm
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 18:29
    A couple problems I have with the story of Jesus.

First is the dieing on the cross....whats so great about that?... he suffered 3 days and died. I had an aunt who suffered for 40 years with MS. Never lost her faith ...went to church and trust me it was as much physical and mental suffering as a man would go through being nailed to a cross...especially ...[text shortened]... ouldn't he just slam his hand in a door or something and say that clears up every thing?...
    First is the dieing on the cross....whats so great about that?
    Nothing. Plenty of physical pain, no doubt, but other than that, not much to brag on.
    That being said, what makes His death on the cross significant is the prophetic tie, in addition to the correlation of the various trees: the Garden's original Tree of Life, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the Cross and then the final Tree of Life which will be a source of healing for the nations and of wisdom for those whose names are found in the Lamb's Book of Life.

he suffered 3 days and died.
    His physical suffering was immense (no doubt, as evidenced by the agonized cries of those who were suffering a similar punishment), but decidedly bearable as evidenced by the absence of His crying out. The only time He allowed Himself the expression of grief and pain was when the sins of the world were placed upon Him... although even this did not claim His life. Following the payment by Him for the sins of the world, He did not die: instead, He relinquished His life for His mission was complete.

The point of His sacrifice was not the physical suffering (although the crucifixion certainly allowed for a longer view of the spectacle), but the mental and spiritual torment of being abandoned by God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. That is a suffering that, for us, is incomprehensible.

I had an aunt who suffered for 40 years with MS.
    Sorry to hear of your aunt's pain. However, your aunt's suffering is a result of being a member of a fallen race where we consider our plights in degrees; certainly she did not choose to be saddled with MS. Nor was her suffering effective in removing either the pain or the penalty of any one else on the planet. As great a woman as she may have been, she simply wasn't qualified to be an efficacious substitute for any one else.

The Lord Jesus Christ, as a result of His origin and subsequent proof of pedigree, was imminently qualified to be the substitute for us in our excluded state.

in my opinion my aunt went thru way....WAY more than jesus,
    Your ignorance can be forgiven on the basis of not comprehending the nature of who and what the Lord Jesus Christ is. What He endured on the cross, as stated, wasn't much in the way of challenge for Him, given His physical stamina. Being cut off from the other members of the Godhead, however, is a completely different situation. That type of self-divorce is beyond human endurance, is hell.

couldn't he just slam his hand in a door or something and say that clears up every thing?...
    In visiting another country, it's always a good idea to have a working understanding of the local currency. No sense giving a cab driver the equivalent of a year's salary if you can avoid it, right?
  12. England
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 19:40
    unfortunatly all that faith only eased her mind...it didn't physically do anything.
    sickness and hunger for all will only be removed after death. did you want a divine interceed?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 23:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, so YOUR particular subset of christianity is inherently superior to the Catholic faith then? So more of your brand will go to heaven than Catholics?

Where did I say that?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Oct '11 23:50
    The Watchtower Organization have some good teachings, but just like
    the Roman Catholics, and most other groups there are false teaching
    mixed in. That is, truth mixed with error. So be careful.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 02:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Watchtower Organization have some good teachings, but just like
    the Roman Catholics, and most other groups there are false teaching
    mixed in. That is, truth mixed with error. So be careful.
    Exactly by """"scripture"""" what do the JW's believe in that is false? If you can't back up this claim by """"scripture"""" only , don't answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree