1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 08:19
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    aw, come on man...we haven't had a theist on here this entertaining since Acemaster or dj2becker, don't discourage him too quickly. 😉
    Sorry, I didn't mean to spoil the fun.
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 14:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In other words you are totally ignorant of other religions.
    Actually I'm not ignorant of other religions. You tell me which religions atone for sins other than Christianity.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 18:102 edits
    aw, come on man...we haven't had a theist on here this entertaining since Acemaster or dj2becker, don't discourage him too quickly. 😉
    Is he really that entertaining? Sounds like the same ol' evangelical arguments I've heard 1000 times, here and elsewhere.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 18:10
    You mean "truly brainwash yourself and you can believe anything."

If the proof was there and you had found it, then why are you unable to pass it on in proof form?
    How can you explain all of the prophesies that were predicted in the old testament and new testament and have come true. And no the predictions were not written after the fact, this has been proven because the authors of the predictions (prophets) in most cases was long dead before the event ever happened.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 18:15
    Originally posted by chappy1
    How can you explain all of the prophesies that were predicted in the old testament and new testament and have come true. And no the predictions were not written after the fact, this has been proven because the authors of the predictions (prophets) in most cases was long dead before the event ever happened.
    You really ought to read this thread in full before saying anymore. I direct your attention to vistesd's post at the bottom of page 5. It gives a Jewish Rabbi's view of Messianic prophecy. [post is continued on a later page]
  6. Gangster Land
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 18:19
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Is he really that entertaining? Sounds like the same ol' evangelical arguments I've heard 1000 times, here and elsewhere.
    Well, sure, but originality is a bit much to expect when the only resorce material they have is the same old collection of magic books they have always had. Still, watching these characters claim over and over again that God and Jesus and Christianity are the most important aspects of their lives while simutaneously revealing that they have failed to think critically about any of it is pretty entertaining.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 18:33
    Well, sure, but originality is a bit much to expect when the only resorce material they have is the same old collection of magic books they have always had. Still, watching these characters claim over and over again that God and Jesus and Christianity are the most important aspects of their lives while simutaneously revealing that they have failed to think critically about any of it is pretty entertaining.
    Didn't acemaster say all non-procreative sex was sinful? That's not a typical belief even among xians.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 19:12
    I must admit that I have not read the entire thread. What I have read is interesting. I just wanted to chime in with a Scripture quotation that I stand by. I Corinthians 2:1-5 (The Apostle Paul) "And when I came to you,brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.2)For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3)And I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling.4)And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of
    wisdom , but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,5)that your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men,but on th power of God.

One would have to show me the body(from the empty tomb) or sufficient dna evidence that disproves the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus,the Christ.
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 22:42
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You really ought to read this thread in full before saying anymore. I direct your attention to vistesd's post at the bottom of page 5. It gives a Jewish Rabbi's view of Messianic prophecy. [post is continued on a later page]
    Ok I read it and all I can say is that he's got it wrong.

All who have eyes let them see and all who have ears let them hear.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 03:271 edit
    Ok I read it and all I can say is that he's got it wrong.

All who have eyes let them see and all who have ears let them hear.
    On the contrary, you could learn a lot from the Rabbi. He at least backs up his arguments with reasoning.

Do you expect people to believe that he's wrong simply because you say so?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 05:20
    What am I, chopped liver? :'(
  12. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 05:37
    No. I am not sure when the belief that he was God started but it was probably Paul that got it going and I have no idea what he based it on.
    Most Christians today believe he was God because:
    1. They were told that by someone they respect (parent, priest, important personage etc).
    2. They want to believe it because they are afraid of dying.
    3. They wan ...[text shortened]... Jesus was God simply because Jesus supposedly was compassionate or self-sacrificial or noble.
    No, we believe it because God resurrected Jesus from the dead and backed up what he said, that he was in fact God in the flesh.
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 05:47
    No, we believe it because God resurrected Jesus from the dead and backed up what he said, that he was in fact God in the flesh.
    No, you believe it because you've been told to believe it and brought up to believe it.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 06:10
    Originally posted by amannion
    No, you believe it because you've been told to believe it and brought up to believe it.
    And you were not brought up to believe it?
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 06:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    And you were not brought up to believe it?
    No, I was, as would most of us be in the christian world. But if I was born in Afghanistan or Pakistan or somewhere else (and assuming I was still alive today) I'd be spouting on about Muhammed. And if it was Israel I'd be talking the finer points of the Torah.
    I don't get too swept up in self righteous christianity when the only thing that governs your belief is the postcode (that'll be zip code in the US) of your birth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree