1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Bible translations From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: This article is about the general history of Bible translations. For translations into specific languages, see Bible translations by language. The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. [i]As of November 2012 the full Bible has bee ...[text shortened]... nd varied history of more than a millennium."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations
    RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section

2. The Word of God

2.1. "The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and the marrow, and is a critic of thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

2.2. "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God might be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

2.3. "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)[/b]

2.4 "But a natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine], because they are spiritually discerned [appraised]."
    (1 Corinthians 2:14)

2.5 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek [Gentile]." (Romans 2:16)

2.6 "For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are saved it is the power of God."
    (! Corinthians 1:18)[/b]

Ever notice that the Bible doesn't compliment man; absolute truth cuts along a nerve; the Bible is a mirror exposing man's depravity.... yet it's the most widely circulated book in the world and is available in whole or in part in practically every language that has been reduced to writing. The work of translation continues with Wycliffe and other Bible Translators.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree