1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:34
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    While your passion is admirable, your nearly complete lack of knowledge of anything biblical is utterly depressing.
    Best to you and yours, Freaky KBH!

Kindly please educate us, and we will see if your seemingly forced variations hold😵
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 20:02
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Best to you and yours, Freaky KBH!

Kindly please educate us, and we will see if your seemingly forced variations hold😵
    Greetings to you, as well, black beetle.

Where should I start!
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 20:23
    Greetings to you, as well, black beetle.

Where should I start!
    From the beginning😵
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 20:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No I know exactly what I am talking about.

I mean it's great that your church is less backwards ass than (lets say) RJHinds one is.

But that's not saying much.

The fact that your version of Christianity might be better on this topic than many/most
    other versions doesn't make your version actually good on this topic.

Good and bad are not rel ...[text shortened]... ply by being a Christian and saying that it's ok
    to believe in the god of the bible.
    googlefudge you are out of line with this. I think Episcopalians deserve a lot of credit for their rather sane and open minded approach to Christianity and the bible and the fact that they are not only ahead of the curve on social issues compared to not only every other Christian denomination (that I know of) but also to most of society in general. Here we have a denomination that positively addresses a number of issues that atheists are typically complaining about (treatment of homosexuals, women, not being too literal about the bible, not being too evangelical, etc.) and yet it's still not good enough for you lot.

Quite frankly I want to look at some other Christians I encounter and point at the Episcopal church and say "See this is what your religion could be if you would just get out of your bloody stone age mindset and join some semblance of reality."

I'm just thankful my in-laws are Episcopalians and not a bunch of evangelical, young-earth creationist wingnuts. My in-laws even believe in evolution or are at least willing to talk about it with some rationality.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 20:36
    Originally posted by Ullr
    googlefudge you are out of line with this. I think Episcopalians deserve a lot of credit for their rather sane and open minded approach to Christianity and the bible and the fact that they are not only ahead of the curve on social issues compared to not only every other Christian denomination (that I know of) but also to most of society in general. Here we ha ...[text shortened]... ws even believe in evolution or are at least willing to talk about it with some rationality.
    Right on, Ullr.

Thanks for your show of support. 🙂
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 21:51
    From the beginning😵
    We might be here awhile...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 22:17
    Boats
    set ablaze😵
    Viking longboat for me!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 22:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Oh, do you think of yourself as a ladies man and the kind of man a women dreams about? Go on dream boat tell us all about it.
    sure thing, first of all, stop lying and cheating, ladies prefer a man to be honest.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 12:18
    We might be here awhile...
    Sure thing;

(G-d cannot exist a priori: whatever we attribute to G-is a proposition that makes sense solely in the context of other a priori propositions that are based on blind beliefs; no concept of G-d is tenable)
    😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 12:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Viking longboat for me!
    Each chessman, and both armies per se, are unalterable and subsistent, however their configuration is changing and unstable; meditation over objects (the configuration of the chessmen in specific positions, partly and in whole) triggers states of dependently arisen affairs;

in a state of affairs, the White and the Black fit into one another ending up in certain positions;

these positions are determinately related to their dynamism according to our cognizant apparatus;

this determinate way in which the chessmen are connected in a position, begs for variations as regards the handling of the dynamism of the position;

by means of activating a specific form out of the probabilistic pool and in accordance with our evaluation, the variations change both the position and the shape of the structure of each army;

the given shape of the structure of each army consists of the karmic state of the dynamism of the position, and of the mutual collapsing of the wavefunction by White’s and Black’s cognizant apparatus;

the totality of the arising positions and their evaluation is the Royal Game itself;

the existing positions determine which positions envelop dynamism that can be transformed into concrete advantages, and which positions do not, hence they determine strategy;

the existence and non-existence of concrete advantages and the ability to have these advantages exploited by means of specific tactics, is the object of the chessplayer’s point of attention;

states of dynamism in different positions are neither independent of one another, nor not independent, nor both nor neither;

Therefore, my trusty feer Robbie, since the Royal Game is Empty,
    Drakkar (the bodymind) has to be set ablaze
    Everytime the chessplayer wants to come up with a wee brillancy;
    There is no other way to the
    Hall of the Slain
    😵
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 17:461 edit
    Each chessman, and both armies per se, are unalterable and subsistent, however their configuration is changing and unstable; meditation over objects (the configuration of the chessmen in specific positions, partly and in whole) triggers states of dependently arisen affairs;

in a state of affairs, the White and the Black fit into one another ending up ...[text shortened]... ayer wants to come up with a wee brillancy;
    There is no other way to the
    Hall of the Slain
    😵
    dear beetle there are lilies which flower below the surface of the water, they have a refracted view of the light, there are those that flourish upon the surface, who absorb the sun and there are those which strive above the surface stretching towards the sun itself, radiant in the light, all are flowers yet all are capable because of the light to radiate its glory. As in chess, as in art, there are different levels of understanding.

Chess appears to me to be primarily concerned with the mobility of the pieces, all other considerations are subject to this principle. We develop, to mobilise, we pin, to decrease the mobility of our opponents chess men, we try to dominate the centre either practically or dynamically as we understand it has relevance to mobility, thus all are subject to this guiding principle, mobility of the pieces. With this in mind we deploy strategies and tactics, both interdependent and not interdependent depending upon the positions which arise to influence this state of affairs in our favour. we are testing these strategies and tactics constantly, subjecting them to falsification where possible, but because of the nature of the game and its almost infinite possibilities, it is not always easy to see through the complexity, for we are human and prone to aberration.

Thus it is my opinion and I cite no less a talent than Capablanca, that the course of wisdom is to avoid complications and to seek at every turn the simplest solution. This means that in a practical sense, we choose those candidate moves which are the most forcing first, for in doing so our opponents replies are limited) If we have no forcing move or variation, we reduce or neutralise our opponents propensity to force us, and this constant battle between opposing forces will eventually fall in one direction or remain in equilibrium. Thankfully the cosmos has not been mated yet, or its the rainbow bridge for everyone!
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 19:57
    dear beetle there are lilies which flower below the surface of the water, they have a refracted view of the light, there are those that flourish upon the surface, who absorb the sun and there are those which strive above the surface stretching towards the sun itself, radiant in the light, all are flowers yet all are capable because of the light to ra ...[text shortened]... ilibrium. Thankfully the cosmos has not been mated yet, or its the rainbow bridge for everyone!
    Yes😵
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:49
    Originally posted by Ullr
    googlefudge you are out of line with this. I think Episcopalians deserve a lot of credit for their rather sane and open minded approach to Christianity and the bible and the fact that they are not only ahead of the curve on social issues compared to not only every other Christian denomination (that I know of) but also to most of society in general. Here we ha ...[text shortened]... ws even believe in evolution or are at least willing to talk about it with some rationality.
    Some folks like your in-laws just don't know any better. 😏
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 08:56
    sure thing, first of all, stop lying and cheating, ladies prefer a man to be honest.
    I bet if you had been honest with your wife about everything, you would be divorced, ladies man. 😏
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 11:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I bet if you had been honest with your wife about everything, you would be divorced, ladies man. 😏
    unworthy of serious comment

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree