What?

What?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 17

Is the difference between spirituality and religion?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by @christopher-albon
Both words can have several meanings, so my answer would be nothing or all.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jul 17

The Spiritual can be experienced through Divine communion with the Great Spirit by anyone anywhere ...
Religion is just a set of values and rituals conforming to (usually) one vision of the Divine.

F

Moves
20 Jul 17

I think that religion is a product of the spiritual nature of humans and their capacity for abstraction and speculation, and therefore it's an understandable manifestation of the spiritual dimension of the human condition.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Jul 17
1 edit

Spiritual involves your human spirit, the "organ" within you that is created to contact God the Spirit.

It is best to know the real matter very well. By getting to know the real matter very well one can recognize more the counterfeit matter. In this case activity of devotion or reverence or piety or zeal or knowledge minus the exercise of the spirit "organ' to touch God - to contact the living God.

E

Moves
21 Jul 17

Religion is what we base our beliefs upon even though that belief must be accepted without actually seeing it nor being able to test it with repeatable outcome.

Spirituality is a subset of religion in that it assumes something beyond the physical.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

You have to be "born again" to know the difference.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @josephw
You have to be "born again" to know the difference.
Nonsense.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Nonsense.
I think he's just blurting things out in the hope he sounds deep and wise.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 17

Nonsense.
I disagree being born again is a spiritual transformation by the divine nature of God due to God's promises about Jesus' work here.

F

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I disagree being born again is a spiritual transformation by the divine nature of God due to God's promises about Jesus' work here.
"Being born again" comes about when Christians tell themselves [and no doubt others, too] that they are "born again" and lasts as long as they continue to believe it.

E

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
"Being born again" comes about when Christians tell themselves [and no doubt others, too] that they are "born again" and lasts as long as they continue to believe it.
According to the gospel of fmf.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Jul 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You support the proposition that to know the difference between spirituality and religion one needs to have been born again?

In which case, to know the difference between a pickled herring and a tuna steak, does one need to be a fisherman?

E

Moves
21 Jul 17

You support the proposition that to know the difference between spirituality and religion one needs to have been born again?

In which case, to know the difference between a pickled herring and a tuna steak, does one need to be a fisherman?
Demons are spirits too.

I guess some Christians think that anything Spiritual is of God.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Jul 17

Nonsense.
See what I mean? To you it's nonsense because you're not born again. You think something is spiritual because it tickles your ears.