1. USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 00:02
    Does anyone believe that most followers of any one religion are happier (or more content with themselves) than followers of another religion? i.e. Bhuddists are usually happier than Muslims

Sorry if this question is stupid, I'm just typing my train of thought right now...
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 00:42
    Apology accepted.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 11:30
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Does anyone believe that most followers of any one religion are happier (or more content with themselves) than followers of another religion? i.e. Bhuddists are usually happier than Muslims

Sorry if this question is stupid, I'm just typing my train of thought right now...
    I am not speaking for Muslims or Buddhists.

But as a Christian, when God is happy I am happy also. Often the joy that I feel is a reflection of the happiness of God with something He has been able to do in me.

At other times the unhappiness I have is a reflection of the unhappiness of the Holy Spirit with some area of my life. Again, when God is happy with me I am spontaneously happy also.

For instance, if I have long held to the sin of gossiping there will be a corresponding ubhappiness within me because the Holy Spirit within me is also grieving. On the day I confess to God the sin of my gossiping and seek Him to deliver me I will rise up feeling happy. This happiness is the reflection of the happiness of the indwelling Spirit of Jesus Christ.

He is happy that I repented finally. And I in turn echo that divine happiness in my own heart.
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 12:512 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill

But as a Christian, when God is happy I am happy also. Often the joy that I feel is a reflection of the happiness of God with something He has been able to do in me.

At other times the unhappiness I have is a reflection of the unhappiness of the Holy Spirit with some area of my life. Again, when God is h ...[text shortened]...
    He is happy that I repented finally. And I in turn echo that divine happiness in my own heart.
    …when God is happy I am happy also….

How do you know when “god” is happy?
    Can you recall any specific moments in time when “god” was unhappy?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 13:06

At other times the unhappiness I have is a reflection of the unhappiness of the Holy Spirit with some area of my life. Again, when God is h ...[text shortened]...
    People like you give normal Christians like me a bad name.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 13:11
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…when God is happy I am happy also….

How do you know when “god” is happy?
    Can you recall any specific moments in time when “god” was unhappy?[/b]
    Isn't there a happymeter hanging under the cieling of St Pauls in Vatican?
    Every day the pope is watching out his window to see how happy god is. If he really is happy, then he doesn't have to bring his umbrella with him when going out.
    When god is unhappy, then the pope fears a new flooding, so he brings his oversized boots too.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 13:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Isn't there a happymeter hanging under the cieling of St Pauls in Vatican?
    Every day the pope is watching out his window to see how happy god is. If he really is happy, then he doesn't have to bring his umbrella with him when going out.
    When god is unhappy, then the pope fears a new flooding, so he brings his oversized boots too.
    LOL!
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 13:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You mean he is not a “normal” Christian?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:031 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    You mean he is not a “normal” Christian?
    Nah ..... earlier he claimed to have met Christ.
    Now its this 'when-God-is-happy-he-is-happy' nonsense.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:051 edit
    Have you ever read "The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee ?

Fantastic book !
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:132 edits
    Nah ..... earlier he claimed to have met Christ.
    Now when its this 'when-God-is-happy-he-is-happy' nonsense.
    What does this passage mean?

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed unto the day of redemption." (Eph. 4:30)

What? You didn't konw that a Christian can grieve the Holy Spirit of God which is within them sealing them? You didn't know that a Christian can have the joy of the Spirit or can grieve the Spirit ?

We Christians can sense what grieves the Spirit of God and what makes the Spirit of God happy with us.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:141 edit
    Have you ever read [b]"The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee ?

Fantastic book ![/b]
    Have you actually read the Bible ?
    Fantastic book !

Especially the words of Christ.
    Some of you so-called Christians try to be more Christian than Christ himself.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:16
    Have you actually read the Bible ?
    Fantastic book !

Especially the words of Christ.
    Some of you so-called Christians try to be more Christian that Christ himself.
    You're the one that didn't even know that a Christian can grieve the Holy Spirit of God according to Eph. 4:30.

I know the Bible much better than you do.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:25
    You're the one that didn't even know that a Christian can grieve the Holy Spirit of God according to Eph. 4:30.

I know the Bible much better than you do.
    I know you do.
    Intelligent fools like you, think that salvation is about how much you know and about how much of a Bible scholar you are and about how much you have studied and read the Bible, the Greek translations and the Hebrew translations.
    Show me where Christ said studying the Bible is a virtue.

And by the way, that word for grieve is better translated 'offend'.
    A Christian can offend the Holy Spirit. That makes more sense.
    Common sense you appear not to have.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 14:28
    Have you ever read [b]"The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee ?

Fantastic book ![/b]
    I have never yet read any book on Christianity other than the bible.
    Those kind of books are for confused weak minded people who do not understand what Christ taught - much like yourself.
    If you can read and understand what Christ said, you dont need anything else.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree