1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 03:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Lets see.... how should I say this without offending you and Nemesio. I think you both remind me of my sister. When we go to visit she has this way of telling everyone what to do, how to behave, what to think, what to eat. eg she will say that we are all going to eat smoked salmon, cream cheese and French Bread for breakfast. So there I am thinking ... I fee ...[text shortened]... at Oprah to know how to live my life .. if you know what I mean. Thanks for the advice anyway.
    Where have I told you what to do or not do?

I merely observed that your hermeneutic, if it could so be called, is an impoverished one. I didn't
    say you should change it.

I believe your statement is a dreadful one. It is my belief. Are you instructing me not to express
    my beliefs?

Just because you were bossed around by your sister when you were a tot doesn't mean that
    everyone who points out the deep flaws in your thinking is 'telling you what to do.' I couldn't
    care less what you believe. But I'm sure as hell going to believe what I want and express it
    in the fashion that I see fit.

Sorry if that gets your panties in a knot, but if you're so prissy that you can't be criticized,
    then maybe you shouldn't post things and consequently subject them to criticism.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree