1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 16:076 edits
    News from the last couple weeks.............

http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner

Click here: Secretive Catholic Order Founded by Accused Pedophile Under Fire - AOL News

http://www.aolnews.com/story/german-catholics-to-investigate-abuse/893579

Seems a little like Jesus's words from the 23rd chapter of Matthew. Verse 27 & 28 are especially good.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 16:15
    (Matthew 23:27-28) 27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.  In that way you also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 16:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Matthew 23:27-28) 27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.  In that way you also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
    Powerfull warning to those who claim to be "church leaders".
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 17:29
    Child molesters are sick in any group. They are among the JW's too however so why the attack on the Catholics? To make you feel better about the superiority of your own group? They need to be punished to the full extent of the law without any interference from the group. The Law was placed by God for criminals to fear.

Manny
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 17:50
    Originally posted by menace71
    Child molesters are sick in any group. They are among the JW's too however so why the attack on the Catholics? To make you feel better about the superiority of your own group? They need to be punished to the full extent of the law without any interference from the group. The Law was placed by God for criminals to fear.

Manny
    As has been discussed already..yes there are problems and imperfect humans in all facets of life.
    But "wake up" and look at this Catholic organization and how huge this problem is. Jesus spoke about how beautiful these religious churches are on the surface even in his day. And it takes a blind man not to see how these beautiful Catholic churchs with all their gold and beautiful outward apperance sounds exactly what Jesus described.
    Even you can't deny these scriptures in your Bible........... I hope.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 17:561 edit
    I agree that the Catholics have many issues. I just think it is funny your attacking them!! Take care of the issues in your own house first. Or as Jesus said get the log out of your own eye first then you can pull the speck out of your brothers eye.

Manny
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 18:09
    I agree that the Catholics have many issues. I just think it is funny your attacking them!! Take care of the issues in your own house first. Or as Jesus said get the log out of your own eye first then you can pull the speck out of your brothers eye.

Manny
    I don't think I have a log in my eye at the moment but no doubt a few straws as I'm not even close to perfection. And this is a sprituality forum to post ones thoughts and that's all I'm doing.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 18:49
    The title is What's up with the Catholics?
    Your right you do have the right to post. It just irony is all.

Manny
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 19:17
    The title is What's up with the Catholics?
    Your right you do have the right to post. It just irony is all.

Manny
    I respect that your not defending the Catholic church though. It's clear the scriptures at Matt point to such religions as Jesus described.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 19:34

Manny
    One comment I want to make on this issue and about the JW's having a problem or two with regards to some bad sins that a couple elders have had in the congregations, which is seriously bad, and the comments that have been made that "If we were God's people and being used by him why do things like this happen? Or from other forums," Why were they wrong in the past about dates"?
    First there are no scriptures that ever say his people would be mistake free. Ones just assume that's the way it should be if God was really with them. Thats an assumption that is wrong and not in agreement with the Bible. All humans sin.
    Secondly did God not have people in the past such as the Isrealites that were imperfect humans and did they not sin and comment really serious sins at times? Did not all the prophets of old not sin? Did not very special humans such as Noah and Moses sin?
    So to say that the JW's are not in God's favor and direction and to say it can't be true because they make mistakes is silly and unscriptural.
    One with insight has to look past the normal sins we all make and look at the big picture and search deep into what a religion is teaching and the fruit it bares.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    One comment I want to make on this issue and about the JW's having a problem or two with regards to some bad sins that a couple elders have had in the congregations, which is seriously bad, and the comments that have been made that "If we were God's people and being used by him why do things like this happen? Or from other forums," Why were they wrong in ...[text shortened]... he big picture and search deep into what a religion is teaching and the fruit it bares.
    Yes but When said organization is supposed to be God's mouth piece on earth and claims that God speaks through them then your god is not very good at knowing the future or making predictions which do not come to pass. I would venture to say your god is dumb. I can allow for human sin and fault. However The God of the bible when He made a prophecy it came to pass without flaw. You see the connection and why I attack your Watchtower that is why.

Manny
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:302 edits

Manny
    My main issue with Catholocism is not just the initial "sins", rather, it is the inibility or unwillingness to condemn such actions and correct such actions. Simply shuffling around the pedofiles from parish to parish is not the answer nor is the answser trying to cover up their sins.

Does anyone have percentages to see if priests offend more than the average populace? It is concerning only because they are forbidden to marry. It seems to me that the inability to marry may contribute to priests either turning to pedophilia or a nice place for pedophiles to hide if they do, in fact, offend more on average than the average Joe.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    My main issue with Catholocism is not just the initial "sins", rather, it is the inibility or unwillingness to condemn such actions and correct such actions. Simply shuffling around the pedofiles from parish to parish is not the answer nor is the answser trying to cover up their sins.

Does anyone have percentages to see if priests offend more than the ave ...[text shortened]... place for pedophiles to hide if they do, in fact, offend more on average than the average Joe.
    We can start by googling it. My point was the JW's did just the same as the Catholics is all. They hid and protected molesters just as the Catholics did. They even interfered with law enforcement.

Manny
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:52
    We can start by googling it. My point was the JW's did just the same as the Catholics is all. They hid and protected molesters just as the Catholics did. They even interfered with law enforcement.

Manny
    Ok..bring on the stats of how many cases are against the JW's as opposed to the Catholics...
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:58
    Yes but When said organization is supposed to be God's mouth piece on earth and claims that God speaks through them then your god is not very good at knowing the future or making predictions which do not come to pass. I would venture to say your god is dumb. I can allow for human sin and fault. However The God of the bible when He made a prophecy it came to ...[text shortened]... without flaw. You see the connection and why I attack your Watchtower that is why.

Manny
    You just said the main point here Manny. When God said something it came true as He spoke. YOUR NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never have claimed to be a PROPHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can't get this thru your reasoning process, I'm done repeating myself to you as it seems impossible for you to comprehend it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree