1. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 20:57
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    when you look at the history of Christianity, have you ever wondered how much god likes to inflict guilt on the human race... for example: if god knows all things in advance, why did he let the snake into the garden..?

(another example of inflicting guilt on the human race)
    we were set up. Entrapment. Even the police aren't allowed to do that.
  2. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:20
    The perspective of the living condemned is going to be different than the perspective of the condemned who have died.

The living condemned will probably say "God doesn't exist" or 'No loving God would ever send a soul to hell so there must be no God and or no hell". They might also say that hell was invented by religion as a way to control people. These were some of my thoughts before I accepted God's gift.

I would guess the living condemned's perspective of hell is as varied as the imaginations of the individuals.

The Bible hints at what the perspective of the condemned who have died might be.

The pictures we have are dark, hopeless and eternal. Separation from the God that is and gives life would be hopeless.

GR
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:23
    Originally posted by GlenR
    The perspective of the living condemned is going to be different than the perspective of the condemned who have died.

The living condemned will probably say "God doesn't exist" or 'No loving God would ever send a soul to hell so there must be no God and or no hell". They might also say that hell was invented by religion as a way to control people. These wer ...[text shortened]... ess and eternal. Separation from the God that is and gives life would be hopeless.

GR
    So a loving God would condemn disbelievers to an eternity of dark hopelessness? Yikes! I guess you and I mean different things by the term 'loving'. Do you think that God would allow the condemned, after their deaths, to repent and be saved. That is, if while in Hell a condemned person came to his senses, do you think God would take him up to Heaven?
  4. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:26
    Forgive me but to what "it" are you asking about?
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:29
    Forgive me but to what "it" are you asking about?
    If you are responding to a post, use the "reply and quote" button rather than the "reply" button. That way we all know who you are talking to.
  6. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:38
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    If God is responsible for our moral failure, then there is injustice in God. But the scriptures say clearly otherwise:

"Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not!" (Romans 9:14).

"God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all" (1 John 1:15).

We are responsible for disobeying God, and God, because of His mercy and righteousn ...[text shortened]... undeserved kindness'. If God were responsible, we would deserve such kindness.
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    [b]If God is responsible for our moral failure, then there is injustice in God.

I agree with you that we cannot blame our lack of control on God.

The question being answered is regarding God's allowing sin to exist.
    He has allowed it from the begining. Since he allowed sin and it is his universe, I believe ultimately God bears the responsibility as the designer and creator of our universe.

This does not mean that God is unjust. As you pointed out the scriptures are clear that God IS righteous.

GR
  7. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:45
    Originally posted by bbarr
    If you are responding to a post, use the "reply and quote" button rather than the "reply" button. That way we all know who you are talking to.

Sorry, I'm not much of a forum user 8^)
    Thanks
    GR
  8. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:46
    Originally posted by jonas555
    I'm sorry, I don't understand. What does the "it" in your reply refer to? God?

Forgive me Jonas555,
    I don't know which "it" you are refering to.
    GR
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:53
    Yes, God allowed the serpant and Eve to meet at the tree. God allowed the serpant and Eve to have a conversation and God not only allowed Eve to eat the fruit but allowed her to give it to Adam.
    Beyond that, God gave us questioning, independant minds.

In the garden God had only one "Thou shalt not" rule. God told Adam and eve not to eat the fruit of the ...[text shortened]... or will you be among those who are already condemned?

Praise God

GR
    GlenR,

Did you miss this question earlier?

Specifically, what does it mean to "accept Jesus as your saviour...accept His Spirit to dwell within you."?
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:55
    [b]If you are responding to a post, use the "reply and quote" button rather than the "reply" button. That way we all know who you are talking to.
    [/b]
    That's better. But you should post your reply in the upper of the two boxes (the big empty one) you find when you click the "reply and quote" button. The bottom box just has the quote you're replying to.
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:571 edit
    Do you think that God would allow the condemned, after their deaths, to repent and be saved. That is, if while in Hell a condemned person came to his senses, do you think God would take him up to Heaven?
    A question I've asked many times of the "people choose to go to hell, God doesn't send them" crowd, only to be met with silence. When I gonna learn?
  12. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:01
    [b]So a loving God would condemn disbelievers to an eternity of dark hopelessness? Yikes!

No The unbelievers are condemned already because they refuse to accept the cure for their condemnation. "Yikes!" Yes

I guess you and I mean different things by the term 'loving'. Do you think that God would allow the condemned, after their deaths, to repent and ...[text shortened]... ause he doesn't believe in fire.

Is it fair to call the person warning him, "unloving"?
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:23
    I will condemn you to Hell for all eternity unless you love me. The only way to avoid this fate is to love me. If this is the choice I give you, then am I loving?
  14. Joined
    03 Aug '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    GlenR,

Did you miss this question earlier?

Specifically, what does it mean to "accept Jesus as your saviour...accept His Spirit to dwell within you."?

I'm sorry ThinkOfOne,
    I'm slow typing and not very comfortable using forums.

Yes accepting Jesus as your savior does include accepting His Spirit to dwell within you. It means allowing Hi ...[text shortened]... ning and hopefully God will get through my thick heart, that I need to keep growing.
    GR
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:39
    You need to place the new text in the box marked "Post" (the top box), not the box marked "Previous Post". It ended up shortening your response. Please respond again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree