Where did your god come from?

Where did your god come from?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Nov 13

well ... ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
well ... ?
Maybe the invisible spirit world.

The Moron

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Nov 13

well ... ?
Who cares. I will understand it all in the afterlife.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Who cares. I will understand it all in the afterlife.
Such apathy! It seems endemic amongst the fundamentalists!

No interest in god?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Nov 13

well ... ?
"Where did your god come from?" (wolfgang59)

"Before creating the universe, there was no addition, just three in one." (Freaky KBH) / "If God does exist, would I want to know him? I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life." (Marilyn Adamson) Thread 156693

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 13

well ... ?
I don't know, and I don't really care.

Basically, I don't have a need to know, or it would've been all laid out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 13
1 edit

well ... ?
TIME is here for OUR existence and convenients. As God's creatures we need such a realm, and cannot hardly imagine that there could be another.

God, for lack of a better human language expression to convey this, always was and always will be. He is eternal.

Time and creation and the universe and all that comes with it is a realm that WE NEED. And thus we can only think of BEGINNINGS.

God is eternal. And human language can only express this with words that convey God as having no start, no other source, no other or higher creator or cause.

We just have to accept that. And the proper reaction is worship.

Some retreat in resentment at the thought of worship of God. Some of these people gladly worship Pink Floyd or worship Jimi Hendrix or worship some sports team or something else.

The reaction of awe and adoration towards God who always was and always will be and who is the ground of being, is reasonable and does our humanity health.

I reserve the right to be awe inspired in thanksgiving and worship towards an Eternal God whom I have learned to call "Father" . My humanity is completed by my love for such a God.

Without due appreciation for God my very humanity is incomplete. I feel less human to pretend that man is the highest life in existence, much less than have disdain for God the Source of life and being.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe the invisible spirit world.

The Moron
RJ, Please don't you now go to the opposite extreme.

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by sonship
TIME is here for OUR existence and convenients. As God's creatures we need such a realm, and cannot hardly imagine that there could be another.

God, for lack of a better human language expression to convey this, always was and always will be. He is eternal.

Time and creation and the universe and all that comes with it is a realm that [b]WE NEED[/ ...[text shortened]... the highest life in existence, much less than have disdain for God the Source of life and being.
speculation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
speculation.
Maybe.

But maybe not.

Infidel

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
I don't know, and I don't really care.

Basically, I don't have a need to know, or it would've been all laid out.
Everything we need to know has been laid out?

Moves
30 Nov 13

Maybe.

But maybe not.
the 'maybe' would indicate speculation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the 'maybe' would indicate speculation.
The point is speculation concerning that which is true basically.

Scrapple is a decent word game to play. Try that for your entertainment.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Everything we need to know has been laid out?
Sigh. Leave it to you to make me sorry I didn't follow my first idea to put "in the Bible" on the end of my sentence.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 13

The point is speculation concerning that which is [b]true basically.

Scrapple is a decent word game to play. Try that for your entertainment.[/b]
(Pssssst... it's Scrabble™.)