1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Dec '13 09:47
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    First: huh?

Second: classic googlefudge. When caught in another foolish slip-up, either claim a non-existent and/or non-relevant malady, or, declare you meant to look stupid... the ol' switcheroo.

Nice.
    LOL
    Comedy GOLD

Keep it up boy! 🙂
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 03:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Such apathy! It seems endemic amongst the fundamentalists!

No interest in god?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Where did your god come from?" (wolfgang59)

"Before creating the universe, there was no addition, just three in one." (Freaky KBH) / "If God does exist, would I want to know him? I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life." (Marilyn Adamson) Thread 156693

"From Surprised by Joy: The Shape of My Early Life (1955) Chapter XIV "In this autobiography of his childhood, C. S. Lewis recounts the process of his own conversion as a young professor at Oxford in the 1930s.

XIV Checkmate: You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodigal Son at least walked home on his own feet. But who can duly adore that Love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/ownwords/joy.html
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 10:26
    [quote]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Where did your god come from?" (wolfgang59)

"Before creating the universe, there was no addition, just three in one." (Freaky KBH) / "If God does exist, would I want to know him? I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly.[ ...[text shortened]... , and His compulsion is our liberation." http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/ownwords/joy.html
    I just puked
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 11:391 edit
    [quote]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Where did your god come from?" (wolfgang59)

"Before creating the universe, there was no addition, just three in one." (Freaky KBH) / "If God does exist, would I want to know him? I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly.[ ...[text shortened]... , and His compulsion is our liberation." http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/questionofgod/ownwords/joy.html
    The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation.

Nonsense. If I were god for a day I would let anybody enter heaven, regardless of their actions in lives. Also, I'd do battle with the real god and make sure he would never again be able to torture people simply because they lack belief.

The god you adore is a tyrant and you are its follower.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 12:49
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation.

Nonsense. If I were god for a day I would let anybody enter heaven, regardless of their actions in lives. Also, I'd do battle with the real god and make sure he would never again be able to torture people simply because they lack belief.

The god you adore is a tyrant and you are its follower.[/b]
    Then you would be a very unjust god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree