1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 14:36
    That all men were created equal.

And if it doesn't does it say words to a similar effect and if so where?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 15:46
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1

We all stand before God on a level field, what occurs after that
    who is just or not depends on us. This I believe is close to what
    you are talking about.
    Kelly

Acts 10:34
    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Romans 2:11
    For there is no respect of persons with God.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 15:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We all stand before God on a level field, what occurs after that
    who is just or not depends on us. This I believe is close to what
    you are talking about.
    Kelly

Acts 10:34
    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Romans 2:11
    For there is no respect of persons with God.
    Thanks , but no it isn't. I'm looking for the nearest semantic meaning to 'all men are created equal', this is the nearest I've found:

Galatians, 3: 28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 16:22
    Thanks , but no it isn't. I'm looking for the nearest semantic meaning to 'all men are created equal', this is the nearest I've found:

Galatians, 3: 28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    That is a good example too, and I like it better than the ones I
    thought of, but the point with each of the examples yours and mine
    is that we are on a level playing field before God, he has no favorites.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    That is a good example too, and I like it better than the ones I
    thought of, but the point with each of the examples yours and mine
    is that we are on a level playing field before God, he has no favorites.
    Kelly
    yea but I'm not really interested in biblical or god interpretations as I'm a non-believer, I just want something that matches 'all men are created equal' for an essay im writing...
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 16:30
    yea but I'm not really interested in biblical or god interpretations as I'm a non-believer, I just want something that matches 'all men are created equal' for an essay im writing...
    Well good luck with that, I believe they all say the same thing since
    no respect takes away from all the things we hold in respect such as
    money, power, nationality, sex, and so on. You see it differently and
    it is your paper so go for it, wasn’t trying to interpret scripture for you
    just trying to answer the question.
    Kelly
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Sep '06 17:38

Assuming you are writing your essay on something related to our founding documents, you'll be frustrated in your search for the biblical basis of the phrase, "all men are created equal." It simply isn't there, because it isn't true. Man is not created equal, and equality within a society is impossible.

I believe the phrase was intended to speak to the natural rights man has been bestowed upon by the Creator. The founders, like Locke, held these rights to be self-evident (although his big three included land or the equvialent thereof) and further felt it an imposition for a ruling body to make liens against those rights.

The thrust of our form of government was to level the playing field for all to be kings, but Thomas Jefferson was dead wrong in claiming all men were created equal. His idea was certainly not supported by anything found within Scripture.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 02:10

i think thats the u.s. constitution lol
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 03:10
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i think thats the u.s. constitution lol
    Yeah, all men were created equal. Women on the other hand.........
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 04:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, all men were created equal. Women on the other hand.........
    ... are a rib
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 05:37
    Smith and Wesson made men equal
    Sam Colt did originally.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 21:07
    only equal rights. no men are equals as each man is unique
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Assuming you are writing your essay on something related to our founding documents, you'll be frustrated in your search for the biblical basis of the phrase, "all men are created equal." It simply isn't there, because it isn't true. Man is not created equal, and equality within a society is impossible.

I believe the phrase was intended to speak to the ...[text shortened]... re created equal. His idea was certainly not supported by anything found within Scripture.
    I agree men (humankind) are not equal for humanity possesses a hierarchical narrative as history and both contemporary and past social stratification exemplifies. And when has the bible ever had anything to do with truth!!??

P.S

Vlad's example shows the bible does say words to the same effect of all men are created equal:

14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 15:03
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    I agree men (humankind) are not equal for humanity possesses a hierarchical narrative as history and both contemporary and past social stratification exemplifies. And when has the bible ever had anything to do with truth!!??

P.S

Vlad's example shows the bible does say words to the same effect of all men are created equal:

There is neither Jew no ...[text shortened]... is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    And when has the bible ever had anything to do with truth!!??
    Ever? Always.

Only in Christ can equality be obtained, but even in Christ equality is not sustained. Few believers will latch onto the spiritual life and never let go. Most believers will latch onto religion masquerading as the spiritual life and their results will match their 'efforts.'

The more perfect union (while itself certainly not a complete failed experiment) has come as close as possible to creating an equitable society, yet has definitely failed in this regard. It is simply not possible for man to create an equitable environment.
  15. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 17:25
    May I offer you this biblical reference for you:

Corinthians 12:12-26
    12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Although this is allegorical as it relates to your query, be mindful of the use in the context of oneness. Men are unequaled relative to thier capacity to make a decision.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree