1. London
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 15:23
    Originally posted by darvlay
    He did?! God must not be very smart to have sent that bumpkin Nicolass to speak on his behalf. Does he often send subordinates on fool's missions? πŸ˜›
    LOL. All the time.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 15:412 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    LOL. All the time.
    Do you really believe this?

Do you honestly think that Nicolaas and dj2becker do more good than harm with regard to bringing people to Christ? They are mere caricatures with no substance behind what they present. If I had never encountered Christianity and all I knew about it was what I could gleam from these two, I wouldn't give it any serious consideration at all. I would have a firm bias planted against the faith which would make all future attempts at showing me the way that much less likely to succeed.

Suppose you had never encountered Christianity and all you knew about it was what you learned during a chat with Fred Phelps. Would you be attracted or repulsed from the faith?

Did God send Fred Phelps to preach the Gospel? While you'd say that he doesn't really represent true Christianity, I'd say that dj2 and Nicolaas don't either. Those who go about spreading the Word on behalf of God take on an enormous responsibility, and the nonsense that those two post on here is indicative of irresponsibility.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 22:18
    Originally posted by windmill
    I tried looking in my pocket but I forgot it.I looked in my shoe but all I found was my foot.I asked a man walking down the road and he pointed to the sky."How do I get up there"I asked."I don't know"he replied.So I got a ladder but it wasn't long enough.I tried jumping up really high but all I found was a sore foot as I forgot to put my shoe back on.Where is heaven....someone please explain.Also can you go surfing there?
    Where is heaven? My understanding, biblically is anywhere "above" the earth. An airplane or a bird in flight are in heaven.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 22:21
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you really believe this?

Do you honestly think that Nicolaas and dj2becker do more good than harm with regard to bringing people to Christ? They are mere caricatures with no substance behind what they present. If I had never encountered Christianity and all I knew about it was what I could gleam from these two, I wouldn't give it any seri ...[text shortened]... responsibility, and the nonsense that those two post on here is indicative of irresponsibility.
    God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

1 Cor 1:20-29
    20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
    22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
    23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
    24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
    25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
    26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
    27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
    28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
    29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
    (NKJ)
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 22:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Where is heaven? My understanding, biblically is anywhere "above" the earth. An airplane or a bird in flight are in heaven.
    I'm going to sign on for a hang-gliding course this very minute! I can't wait to be in heaven...
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 22:57
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'm going to sign on for a hang-gliding course this very minute! I can't wait to be in heaven...
    Go for it!😡
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 23:00
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Ok, I know what is meant here. I was being truthful though.
    What is meant is Paradise. It is not yet avaliable. So it is nowhere right now.
    God will create a "new heavens and a new earth", but this is still future.

πŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 01:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ok, I know what is meant here. I was being truthful though.
    What is meant is Paradise. It is not yet avaliable. So it is nowhere right now.
    God will create a "new heavens and a new earth", but this is still future.

πŸ™‚
    And the surfing.Can you go surfing in Heaven?Can't remember reading anything about it in the Bible but I reckon you can.
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 02:11
    Originally posted by windmill
    I tried looking in my pocket but I forgot it.I looked in my shoe but all I found was my foot.I asked a man walking down the road and he pointed to the sky."How do I get up there"I asked."I don't know"he replied.So I got a ladder but it wasn't long enough.I tried jumping up really high but all I found was a sore foot as I forgot to put my shoe back on.Where is heaven....someone please explain.Also can you go surfing there?
    You should be dead before you enter heaven/hell.

My advice;
    1, load your pockets with some holy TNT
    2, leave your shoe on, the forum started to stink
    3, hit that man with the ladder; ever since you asked him his finger
    never stopped pointing at the sky
    4, light TNT fuse
    5, BOOM, fastest way to reach your eternal destination
    6, send us a postcard
    7, singed postcard = hell, postcard in 1 piece = heaven

Best of luck buddy.
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 05:49
    Originally posted by Peachy

My advice;
    4, light TNT fuse
    6, send us a postcard

Best of luck buddy.
    Hello R.H.P.

I'm currently residing in Heaven,but do occasional trips to Hell.Been doing a spot of fishing.Wait....yes....I got a bite.Brrrrrrreeerrr.Did you hear my reel scream.Not to sure what it is.
    Anywho....Smile Peachy Jesus loves you.I'm sorry about the bird in your head that thinking about the ruler of earth so often gives to us all,but that's the way it goes when your neither hot or cold.It's a simple decision which when made your life will grow.For better or worse.
    It's your life and your choice and I do respect that.Best of luck to you also.
    Windy.
  11. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves

My advice;
    4, light TNT fuse
    6, send us a postcard

Best of luck buddy.
    Hello R.H.P.

I'm currently residing in Heaven,but do occasional trips to Hell.Been doing a spot of fishing.Wait....yes....I got a bite.Brrrrrrreeerrr.Did you hear my reel scream.Not to sure what it is.
    Anywho....Smile Peachy Jesus loves you.I'm sorry about the bird in your head that thinking about the ruler of earth so often gives to us all,but that's the way it goes when your neither hot or cold.It's a simple decision which when made your life will grow.For better or worse.
    Windy.
  12. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves

My advice;
    4, light TNT fuse
    6, send us a postcard

Best of luck buddy.
    Hello R.H.P.

Windy.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 07:09
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Not much (except maybe a tad too much impatience).

What you did just now was to talk to God as a person, communed with Him. That's what Heaven is all about - only infinitely more magnified (a perfect communion with God).

And God was not silent - He sent Nicolaas and me, didn't He? πŸ™‚
    Maybe God sent me to turn Darv from this false path. How come you're God's spokespeople and not me? How is anyone supposed to know?
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 08:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Maybe God sent me to turn Darv from this false path. How come you're God's spokespeople and not me? How is anyone supposed to know?
    [Walter Brennan voice] Well, you see, it's like this. A long time ago, God gave Man a Book. That Book is known today as the Bible and if you take the time to read that book, everything you need to know will be revealed to you. [/Walter Brennan voice]
  15. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '05 11:301 edit
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    [Walter Brennan voice] Well, you see, it's like this. A long time ago, God gave Man a Book. That Book is known today as the Bible and if you take the time to read that book, everything you need to know will be revealed to you. [/Walter Brennan voice]
    Jesus said"I am the way,the truth,and the light.No man comes to the father except through me."πŸ™„

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree