1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks, esteemed leader of the moonbus fleet. Had you not replied so quickly, the edit footnote would have been:
    "Online Operation Overthink is the occupational hazard of well intentioned extroverts [like thee and me].

"People are like stained-glass windows: They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in,
    their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." –Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, 1926-2004
    I sometimes dictate to the speech recognition app faster than I think. This is one of the occupational hazard of nerds.

I do have one query about this form of 'entertainment' as you call it in the OP. Isn't there some slight sheen of presumption in comparing oneself to OT patriarchs (or matriarchs, as the case may be)? I would not try to compare myself to an OT patriarch, even in jest. You will recall SG's April Fool prank; I thought it at worst churlish, but some people at this forum got upset and accused him of mocking God (which I thought was wide of the mark). Maybe I'm guilty of excessive moderation....very Aristotelean....

Nice quote from E K-R.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You Are Esther!

You are a sterling example of faith but also one of courage. When you ask for something, it has a great purpose. You are willing to risk your life for the life of others. You know when it’s time for justice, and most of all You know that after you have done all you can do the Lord will handle the rest. You Are Esther!

Seems reasonable.
    You struck me more as a Jezebel.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:492 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Said "King Solomon".

I'm just surprised you didn't say it picked Jesus for you.

When will you get a clue that it's my doctrine that is closer to the mainstream, and yours that had to create its own Bible to back up its weird ideas. "Jezebel" suits you far better.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:31
    redbarons, any comment?
    yeah that's me I would have sold my soul(if I had had 1 to sell)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:49
    Originally posted by redbarons
    you are probably like Esau who sold his birth right for a bowl of stew
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 13:00
    you are probably like Esau who sold his birth right for a bowl of stew
    I thought you would be the roman soldier that spat on jesus and was condemned to walk the earth forever(The Wandering Jew)
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '14 13:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You Are Esther!

You are a sterling example of faith but also one of courage. When you ask for something, it has a great purpose. You are willing to risk your life for the life of others. You know when it’s time for justice, and most of all You know that after you have done all you can do the Lord will handle the rest. You Are Esther!

Seems reasonable.
    "Clever queen, foolish king Names in the Bible: Hadassah, Esther's Jewish name, means 'myrtle', a tree whose leaves only release their fragrance when crushed. Her heroism only appeared when she and her people were in danger. 'Esther' means 'hidden': her Jewish identity was hidden for many years.

Ahasuerus means 'ruler of heroes'; he is thought to be based on the Persian emperor Xerxes, whom Leonidas fought with his famous '300'. Vashti means 'sweetheart' or 'beloved'...."

http://www.womeninthebible.net/1.14.Esther.htm

"Book of Esther: The book of Esther is one of only two books in the entire Bible named for women. The other is the book of Ruth. This is the story of a beautiful young Jewess who risked her life to serve God and to save her people.

Esther lived in ancient Persia about 100 years after the Babylonian captivity. When her parents died, the orphaned child was adopted and raised by her older cousin Mordecai...."

http://christianity.about.com/od/oldtestamentbooks/a/Book-Of-Esther.htm
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '14 13:58
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I sometimes dictate to the speech recognition app faster than I think. This is one of the occupational hazard of nerds.

I do have one query about this form of 'entertainment' as you call it in the OP. Isn't there some slight sheen of presumption in comparing oneself to OT patriarchs (or matriarchs, as the case may be)? I would not try to compare myself to ...[text shortened]... rk). Maybe I'm guilty of excessive moderation....very Aristotelean....

Nice quote from E K-R.
    "Isn't there some slight sheen of presumption in comparing oneself to OT patriarchs (or matriarchs, as the case may be)?" OT and NT: There certainly would be for me. Your "comparing oneself" is somewhat misleading; the blind comparison is made a formulaic equation driven quiz, not the quiz taker. The Koine Greek in context for Peter isn't rock. It's a pebble.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '14 13:59
    Originally posted by redbarons
    jesting again as you did yesterday with drewnogal in "100 Traits..." or serious?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '14 14:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    did you not notice the blank space?

here it is again

😀
    Yes, wolfie. I've also noticed that his modus operandi includes an expectant pause while waiting for a follow on question.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 14:08
    "Clever queen, foolish king Names in the Bible: Hadassah, Esther's Jewish name, means 'myrtle', a tree whose leaves only release their fragrance when crushed. Her heroism only appeared when she and her people were in danger. 'Esther' means 'hidden': her Jewish identity was hidden for many years.

Ahasuerus means 'ruler of heroes'; he is thought to b ...[text shortened]... cousin Mordecai...."

http://christianity.about.com/od/oldtestamentbooks/a/Book-Of-Esther.htm
    I'm aware, Bob.

(Yes, I know you supplied this for the masses who might not "get" it.)

A good, strong woman from the OT. I'd prefer a few more stories on womanly faith from the OT, or even the NT, for that matter.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 14:12
    jesting again as you did yesterday with drewnogal in "100 Traits..." or serious?
    jesting my friend .
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 May '14 18:09
    That's an unpleasant thing to call someone just because they disagree with you.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's an unpleasant thing to call someone just because they disagree with you.
    you are correct you tax collector and sinner!
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '14 20:34
    "The Koine Greek in context for Peter isn't rock. It's a pebble." As in "Upon this pebble I will build my church," I presume. How now for Robbie 'compared' to King Solomon? Of course, I took Robbie's statement to be hyperbole; how like him. I just wonder what the orders of diminishing magnitude might be, from "rock" to "pebble," to … "mote" maybe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree