1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 11:48
    Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the entire Bible).

Which book will you take, and why?

*Atheists or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:081 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the en ...[text shortened]... s or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
    If you need a book for spiritual sustenance then God is not in you. Its like these jokers crying over Bob .. Mum ... whatever videos. These people missing something.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:14
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Atheists or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
    John Ralston Saul's "Voltaire's Bastards".
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:214 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    If you need a book for spiritual sustenance then God is not in you. Its like these jokers crying over Bob .. Mum ... whatever videos. These people missing something.
    If you need a book for spiritual sustenance then God is not in you

Beyond nonsense Rakj999!.
    Bogus in its entire conception, essence and utterance.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Your words were found, and I ate them. Your words became a delight to me and the joy of my heart, for I am called by Your name, Yahweh God of Hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

You must not be a spiritually newborn babe if you have no longing to be nourished to grow spiritually by the word of God.

"As newborn babes, long for the guileless milk of the word in order that by it you may grow unto salvation.

if you have tasted that the Lord is good." (1 Peter 2:2,3)

And you can include that in one of the commands of Jesus via His apostle's writing under inspiration.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:27
    Originally posted by @sonship

[quote] [b] Holman Christian Standard Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them. Your words became a delight to me and the joy of my heart, for I am called by Your name, Yahweh ...[text shortened]... ou can include that in one of the commands of Jesus via His apostle's writing under inspiration.[/b]
    So, if you were allowed to take only one book from the Bible - and not the whole thing in its entirety - into the room with you for spiritual sustenance, which one would it be?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:32
    Reality is more fascinating then Science Fiction.

YouTube : =ImprisonedForChrist
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:34
    [b]Reality is more fascinating then Science Fiction./b]
    What about the question asked by the OP?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:393 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So, if you were allowed to take only one book from the Bible - and not the whole thing in its entirety - into the room with you for spiritual sustenance, which one would it be?
    Any book of the Bible would do.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, fully equiped for every good work." (2 Tim. 3:16,17)

Okay, if only one book under those circumstances perhaps Second Corinthians - Paul's virtual autobiography of how Christ lived in him and his team and sustained them in grace.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:491 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    If you need a book for spiritual sustenance then God is not in you.

This statement from a supposed Bible teacher has a degree of bogusness which staggers the mind.

Rajk999, sometime crack open your dusty New Testament and read about one of Jesus' commands.

"But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. " ( Matt. 4:4)

Your off the cuff "helpful" comment was of staggering ignorance.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:541 edit

[quote] [b] Holman Christian Standard Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them. Your words became a delight to me and the joy of my heart, for I am called by Your name, Yahweh ...[text shortened]... ou can include that in one of the commands of Jesus via His apostle's writing under inspiration.[/b]
    So after you read it, and read it, and read it ... over and over and over., and you ate it up, and ate it up and again and again .. ... YOU STILL NEED IT TO READ IT ??? Christians like you have a hole in your head, and in your heart.

After reading the teachings of Christ ONCE.. ONCE .. I do not need to read it again. I have it in my head and in my heart. I know it. I understand it. I can apply it. This is the skill that disciples and sheep of Christ have. This is a God given skill which God has not given to you.

What is worse I know some atheists who have read the teachings of Christ ONCE and they know it and understand it and apply it. They are more Christ-like than you and your ilk which continue to promote mouth worship.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 12:576 edits
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:05
    Any book of the Bible would do.
    You can have Leviticus then.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:07
    haha good job you deleted that sonship 😉

Just before I was able to reply...
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:07
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You can have Leviticus then.
    All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:08
    [b]All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable. [/b]
    Yes you said that just now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree