Which book?

Which book?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I answered the name of his thread which was a question. Do you accuse someone of something every day of your life? To cheer you up I gave more details.
In your 'Leaving still' thread you completely ignore Dive and me .. you are such a nice person... such a humble Christian...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
In your 'Leaving still' thread you completely ignore Dive and me .. you are such a nice person... such a humble Christian...
Talking to you now and Dive, take it or leave it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Talking to you now and Dive, take it or leave it.
So you changed in the last couple hrs and we have to thank our lucky stars ? You are such an arrogant dick. .. take it or leave it.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
13 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the en ...[text shortened]... s or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
Song of Solomon for fapping. 😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jun 18

Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the en ...[text shortened]... s or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
I’d take the Book of Psalms. Beautiful literature that shows God’s faithfulness through a broad range of human circumstances and emotions.

I’m probably going to start hand-writing the Book of Psalms tomorrow (6/14)

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I’d take the Book of Psalms. Beautiful literature that shows God’s faithfulness through a broad range of human circumstances and emotions.

I’m probably going to start hand-writing the Book of Psalms tomorrow (6/14)
Yes, Psalms is an acceptable answer.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jun 18

Originally posted by @stellspalfie
Scepticism Inc - Bo Fowler

Makes me laugh, highlights the absurdity of religion and shows the importance of scepticism, all through the eyes of a sentient shopping trolley working in a metaphysical betting shop.
Sounds like just my kind of read. I'll look out for it.

Moves
13 Jun 18

Revelation, because after 6 months in isolation, I might be insane enough to believe it is an accurate account of the end times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
Revelation, because after 6 months in isolation, I might be insane enough to believe it is an accurate account of the end times.
“Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.”

Sir Arthur Eddington

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

My songbook of originals

Heck maybe even some junk mail

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Im very open about my insults.
You are insulting in a devious way.
You are a dangerous person.
Yes

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jun 18

I was tempted to choose the book of Jonah for the entertainment value. I have laughed many times reading that book.
Romans is a great choice because of the sheer volume of information and instruction, all of which is music to my ears.
I also considered the book of Job, considering the imprisoned state I would be in--it would be of some comfort knowing that Job had it much worse and in the end was blessed.
But I settled on the book of Acts. I just thoroughly enjoy reading about Saul's conversion, the awesome event in the upstairs room with the apostles being filled with the Spirit, and the accounts of the apostles afterward, the incredible story of Stephen who was martyred, and the whole thing being centered on what happened immediately after Jesus' resurrection and the laying of the foundation of the Church. It's a great read beginning to end and I appreciate some of it on a personal level.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I was tempted to choose the book of Jonah for the entertainment value. I have laughed many times reading that book.
Romans is a great choice because of the sheer volume of information and instruction, all of which is music to my ears.
I also considered the book of Job, considering the imprisoned state I would be in--it would be of some comfort knowing ...[text shortened]... the Church. It's a great read beginning to end and I appreciate some of it on a personal level.
Those are all great choices.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
You think 6 months would be long enough?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 18

You think 6 months would be long enough?
It took Kiddo nearly 40 years to question the Book of Revelation.