1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:111 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    So after you read it, and read it, and read it ... over and over and over., and you ate it up, and ate it up and again and again .. ... YOU STILL NEED IT TO READ IT ??? Christians like you have a hole in your head, and in your heart.

After reading the teachings of Christ ONCE.. ONCE .. I do not need to read it again. I have it in my head and in my hea ...[text shortened]... ly it. They are more Christ-like than you and your ilk which continue to promote mouth worship.
    That's your problem.

You do not exercise your spirit.
    You need to have your spirit regenerated.
    Then you need to learn to exercise your spirit.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the en ...[text shortened]... s or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
    Romans! I find it amazing even a simple question like this can not be answered without digs and insults!
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:50
    Originally posted by @sonship
    That's your problem.

Can we have one thread please that doesn't immediately descend into carnage?

I'm rather surprised one of the Gospels hasn't received a mention, or indeed James with such passages as 'Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.'

I'm more inclined to follow the advice of Ian McEwan who'd recommend::

'The Grass Arena by John Healy. It’s a long and brilliant postcard from hell. A brutal childhood, alcoholism, a London underworld – this is what it’s like to touch bottom, then find your way up through the game of chess.'
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:51
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Romans! I find it amazing even a simple question like this can not be answered without digs and insults!
    Thanks Kelly.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 13:54
    Aliens, for reasons only known to them and Howard from the Halifax adverts, have imprisoned you in small room where you will remain for 6 months in isolation. As well as providing all the food and water you need to survive, the aliens have also allowed you to take 'one' book from the Bible into the room with you for spiritual sustenance. (Not the en ...[text shortened]... s or people from other religions can choose a small text of their choosing outside of the Bible.
    Scepticism Inc - Bo Fowler

Makes me laugh, highlights the absurdity of religion and shows the importance of scepticism, all through the eyes of a sentient shopping trolley working in a metaphysical betting shop.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 14:441 edit
    Psalms.

I'd also sneak some Asimov in too...
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 14:49
    Hypocrite. You answered Eladars question with a blunt 'No'. That is an insult.
    You are one of the most deceitful people on this forum.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 14:50
    That's your problem.

You only exercise your mouth.
    You need to have your heart regenerated.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 14:57
    "You need to have your heart regenerated."

There's an app for that?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 15:031 edit
    Can we have one thread please that doesn't immediately descend into carnage?

I'm rather surprised one of the Gospels hasn't received a mention, or indeed James with such passages as 'Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love ...[text shortened]... orld – this is what it’s like to touch bottom, then find your way up through the game of chess.'
    Just in case you missed it, my answer was 'none'.
    If they put a gun to my head say pick a book or else, I would pick Matthew.
    It has the the Beatitudes and reminds us how Jesus is going to judge all people ..by their charitable works, and the following of His commandments.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 15:35
    What is the heart?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 15:361 edit
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie
    Scepticism Inc - Bo Fowler

Makes me laugh, highlights the absurdity of religion and shows the importance of scepticism, all through the eyes of a sentient shopping trolley working in a metaphysical betting shop.
    Yuk Yuk.

enjoy.

YouTube : =LooneyTunes
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 16:251 edit
    Hypocrite. You answered Eladars question with a blunt 'No'. That is an insult.
    You are one of the most deceitful people on this forum.
    I answered the name of his thread which was a question. Do you accuse someone of something every day of your life? To cheer you up I gave more details.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 17:061 edit
    What is the heart?
    The thing you lack, because you so far you have only accepted Christ with the mouth. Faith has not penetrated your heart otherwise you would be advocating the doctrine of Christ which is the following of His commandments.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '18 17:07
    I answered the name of his thread which was a question. Do you accuse someone of something every day of your life? To cheer you up I gave more details.
    Im very open about my insults.
    You are insulting in a devious way.
    You are a dangerous person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree