1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:29
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I think you are mentally ill. Very smart and very stupid at once. You don't have a foundation that helps you make rational decisions.
    I don't think that's a fair comment.

Equating faith with mental illness does a disservice to both.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

I think using sonship as an indication of one with faith in Christ is an insult to Christ.
    The faithful in Christ are Christ sheep.
    They hear his voice
    They follow Him and He gives them eternal life.
    Sonship hears a different voice, the voice of the robber
    He follows that voice.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:37

I possibly will be starting another thread on the subject of these kinds of criticisms of those who live and teach the Gospel of Christ.

It is a bit of a distraction to me, at least, here.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I possibly will be starting another thread on the subject of these kinds of criticisms of those who live and teach the Gospel of Christ.

You neither live nor teach the gospel of Christ
    You condemn the good works which Christ said that MUST BE DONE
    Your twist instead of teach what Jesus preached.
    You are a dangerous mouthworshiping imposter.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:23

It does, of course, go both ways. Dismissing people of faith as having a mental illness is ridiculous. But there have been theists here who have dismissed atheists with the same criticism. (Joseph did that more than once).
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:24
    The Gospel preached by the church during the church age is preached by human beings.

During the last three and one half years of the age before the second coming of Christ there will be a gospel called "the eternal gospel" which will be announced supernaturally, not by humans but by an angelic voice.

This is a gospel about the Creator God being responsible for the supernatural calamities that will be happening in the cosmos and on the earth during the great tribulation.

The sheep and the goats of Matthew 25:31-46 are the recipients of this supernatural proclamation from heaven. And if they heed they have one reaction towards the Lord's persecuted brothers. And if they do NOT heed they will have another and different reaction to the Lord Jesus' persecuted brothers.

Now here is the verse telling us of this "eternal gospel" preached from an angel supernaturally from the air.

Revelation 14:6,7

"And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having an eternal gospel to announce to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God and give Him glory because the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who has made heaven and earth and the sea and the springs of waters."

We must pay attention to the CONTENTS of this "eternal gospel". It has nothing to do with Christ's death and resurrection. It has altogether to do with God the Creator.

The world will be undergoing such calamities in nature and in the cosmos as have never been witnessed. In the midst of these supernatural calamities the angel from the air announces that the Creator God, He who made the universe is about to judge.

This eternal gospel reminds me of what Romans 1 says about man being WITHOUT EXCUSE to not believe in a Creator God.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven upon all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold down the truth in unrighteousness.

Because that which is known of God is manifest within them, for God manifested it to them.

For the invisible things of Him, both His eternal power and divine characteristics, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being perceived by the things made, so that they would be without excuse." (Rom. 1:18-20)

An extraordinary man endowed with all the power of Satan, called the Antichrist, will be proclaiming that he is God. And to counter this the "eternal gospel" of the true Creator God who alone could be responsible for the events occurring in nature warning of impending divine judgment will be proclaimed supernaturally by the angel in the air.

This preaching of the eternal gospel is to counter the deception upon the world that Antichrist, sitting in the temple of God in Jerusalem, is god.

Meanwhile, Christians left on earth and elect Jews to be saved are the brothers of Jesus, down to the least of them.
    They cannot buy, sell, eat, remain always healthy and avoid imprisonment and oppression by an enraged godless society under Antichrist.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:30
    The Gospel preached by the church during the church age is preached by human beings.

During the last three and one half years of the age before the second coming of Christ there will be a gospel called [b]"the eternal gospel"
    which will be announced supernaturally, not by humans but by an angelic voice.

This is a gospel about the Creator God bein ...[text shortened]... ys healthy and avoid imprisonment and oppression by an enraged godless society under Antichrist.[/b]
    How does this :

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (Romans 1:18 KJV)

Fit in with your doctrine that Christians can continue to sin and still enter the Kingdom of God.

You take the wrath of God very lightly.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:33
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    How does this :

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; (Romans 1:18 KJV)

Fit in with your doctrine that Christians can continue to sin and still enter the Kingdom of God.

You take the wrath of God very lightly.
    <<Fit in with your doctrine that Christians can continue to sin and still enter the Kingdom of God.>>

I guess you’re not entering the Kingdom of God because you constantly sin in here by bearing false witness against your neighbor, denying the deity of Jesus Christ and spewing your hate.

God only knows how much more sinning you do in real life. I suspect it’s quite a lot.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:36
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Fit in with your doctrine that Christians can continue to sin and still enter the Kingdom of God.>>

I guess you’re not entering the Kingdom of God because you constantly sin in here by bearing false witness against your neighbor, denying the deity of Jesus Christ and spewing your hate.

God only knows how much more sinning you do in real life. I suspect it’s quite a lot.
    I was not addressing you.
    Learn to speak when you are spoken to.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:39
    I was not addressing you.
    Learn to speak when you are spoken to.
    My response is one you should take to heart. Your foolish and sinful pride in trying to justify yourself before God and make yourself righteous (in right standing with God) will be your undoing if you don’t change your ways.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:45
    You will find that I will hunt for what is relevant to my OP and kind of skew my remark (if any) towards that subject matter.

There is now a growing resentment towards people of faith.
    Some do go as far as to equate faith in God to mental illness.

At any rate during the great tribulation two categories of people will be under utter rejection of the Antichrist society. These persecuted people will be rejects, refugees, and outcasts to much of the secular society under the government of Antichrist.

Some people on earth will consider them dangerous, a publi nuisance, enemies of humanity, enemies of progress and society. And they will turn their backs on them as they are starved, imprisoned, persecuted, killed, tortured, worn down and worn out by the world government.

Others will listen to their God created conscience and realize that this treatment of them is inhuman. Those who are helpful to them will most likely be those who understand that God the Creator is coming to judge the world soon.

Both of these groups may not know of Jesus Christ at all.

"Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, Lord, when have we seen You hungry and have fed You, or thirsty and have given You a drink? And when have gave we seen You sick or in prison and have come to You?

And the King will answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of these, the least of My brothers, you have done it to Me. (v.37-40)

The persecuted Christians and elect Jews on earth during the great tribulation are His brothers down to the least of them.

"Then they also will answer, saying, Lord, when have we seen You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to You?

Then He will answer them, saying, truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, neither have you done it to Me." (v.44,45)

These down to the least of them are the Christians and elect Jews terribly persecuted during the reign of Antichrist. They do not have the mark of the Beast - 666. And they cannot live. They cannot buy, sell, work, be healthy, eat, be welcomed many places, and avoid being refugees fleeing the govenment forces.

Sympathetic repentent worldly people, though not knowing anything about the Gospel of grace preached by the church, will respond to "the eternal gospel" and resist the persecution of these mysterious "brothers" of the coming Christ.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:471 edit
    ..Both of these groups may not know of Jesus Christ at all...
    They dont?
    And they call him Lord ?

You are a comedian
    LOL 😀
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 20:47
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    My response is one you should take to heart. Your foolish and sinful pride in trying to justify yourself before God and make yourself righteous (in right standing with God) will be your undoing if you don’t change your ways.
    You are jealous.
    Jealousy will get you nowhere.
    Go learn the Bible.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 21:17
    This passage has inspired people through the centuries to be kind and charitable to those who are down and out, oppressed and less fortunate. And it should because early man (Cain for example) had an attitude of apathy towards his brother and fellow man Abel.

[b]"Am I my brother's keeper?"
    he retorted to God.

But I would call this an application o ...[text shortened]... at time who have passed through the last three and one half years of "great tribulation".[/b]
    What scripture or scriptures actually say that Jesus is going to come back down to earth and rule from the earth? Jesus was raised as a spirit and would never be of flesh again the bible says. So is he going to be a spirit being down here on the planet or Is he going to materialize in flesh like he did after his resurrection?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 21:34
    You are jealous.
    Jealousy will get you nowhere.
    Go learn the Bible.
    Jealous of what?

Living in the flesh and constantly sinning? Rejecting the deity of Jesus Christ and not having a relationship with Him?

Puh-leeeeeze!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree