1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no, its a very specific number and is in contrast to a great crowd, which no man was able to number, revelation 7:9
    I disagree. If the the number is literal then the people are literal, only Jews
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:12
    Originally posted by duecer
    The Jews would have been the first choise (even though some were still included) but because of loosing favor with God they lost that privledge. Sorry I'm not at home to show that scripture to you but will later..
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:12
    The Jews would have been the first choise (even though some were still included) but because of loosing favor with God they lost that privledge. Sorry I'm not at home to show that scripture to you but will later..
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sorry for the double post. My computers going wacky.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:24
    Sorry for the double post. My computers going wacky.
    used to happen to my old laptop all the time
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:39
    used to happen to my old laptop all the time
    These things are great but I'd like to run over mine with the car most of the time...Lol
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:39
    is this the sole basis that you assert your claim, that if the number is literal then so are the people despite my references, as you wish!
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 22:501 edit
    ????? Thanks for this info but what does it have to do with the 144,000? Just asking.

There are a couple numbers your missing but good job except for the trinity thing..
    More than a couple. I was only talking about 7,4,3,1 and 12. It was by no means exhaustive.

It is hopless for you to try to eliminate the trinity from the Bible.

Hopeless. The Triune God is everywhere in the New Testament. And the Triune God is in quite a few places in the Old Testament as well.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    More than a couple. I was only talking about 7,4,3,1 and 12. It was by no means exhaustive.

It is hopless for you to try to eliminate the trinity from the Bible.

Hopeless. The Triune God is everywhere in the New Testament. And the Triune God is in quite a few places in the Old Testament as well.
    haha, its so well known that neither Christ nor Paul makes reference to it, no not once, not anywhere, nor at any-time, never ever ever ever ever. it was as unknown then as it is now!
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:311 edit
    haha, its so well known that neither Christ nor Paul makes reference to it, no not once, not anywhere, nor at any-time, never ever ever ever ever. it was as unknown then as it is now!
    If you mean the word trinity is not mentioned, I agree.

But the fact that there is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit in the Bible is the solid proof that the concept of the Triune God is biblical.

The word "trinity" appears nowhere in the Bible. The fact is there everywhere.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:351 edit
    If you are a Jehovah's Witness, this video is directed to you. You are invited to watch.

CARM - Christian Apolegetics Research Ministry

http://www.youtube.com/carmvideos#play/all/A2AD170EBC6920FD-all/2/WiDy3Ivo1mg
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:35
    lutheranism
    Arianism (JW's follow this theology)
    Calvinism
    Methodism
    Augastinianism
    Uniterianism
    Trinitarianism

These are schools of theology, including the JW's, so of course they are not mentioned. Yours is a straw man argument. Your better than that.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:35
    If you mean the word [b]trinity is not mentioned, I agree.

But the fact that there is God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit in the Bible is the solid proof that the concept of the Triune God is biblical.

The word "trinity" appears nowhere in the Bible. The fact is there everywhere.[/b]
    oh Jaywill please, there is God the Father, Christ the son and the Holy Spirit. If you want to believe that these three distinct entities are part of a triune God, then be my guest!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:361 edit
    If you are a Jehovah's Witness, this video is directed to you. You are invited to watch.

[b] CARM - Christian Apolegetics Research Ministry

http://www.youtube.com/carmvideos#play/all/A2AD170EBC6920FD-all/2/WiDy3Ivo1mg[/b]
    is this directed at me? if so i would prefer a member of Christendom came to discuss it at my home, you know as the Christ and the apostle Paul practised, rather than impersonally making a video. don't you treat people as individuals rather than 'things', that need to be managed?
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    19 Aug '09 23:37
    oh Jaywill please, there is God the Father, Christ the son and the Holy Spirit. If you want to believe that these three distinct entities are part of a triune God, then be my guest!
    So the Holy Spirit is seperate from God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree