1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 21:57
    Originally posted by vistesd
    No it does not. That reference refers to enemies who violate religious sanctuaries. "Them" is not you and me.

You might be the single most dishonest person who has ever posted on here.
    Islam says in the Quran..................look under every rock and if you find a Jew there , then kill him.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 22:012 edits
    No it does not. That reference refers to enemies who violate religious sanctuaries. "Them" is not you and me.

You might be the single most dishonest person who has ever posted on here.
    When Islam invaded India, the Muslims slaughtered the men and raped the women and children and destroyed the Temples.

Is that violating sanctuaries?

You should just walk away and re-think everything you have been saying.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Why do you defend that which is not defendable.

Every second.... a Muslim is torturing or raping or murdering or thieving or lying on behalf of the Quran and Allah.

And by the way........................Prubhupada always kept the enemy in check by praising its tiny tiny tiny connection with God even if that religion is mainly false.

Its called ....... ...[text shortened]... Muslim camp and you want to defend Islam.

You are in need of a mental evaluation by a doctor.
    You were expelled from the Krisna movement weren't you. It was alluded to in a thread from a couple of years ago. I see why.

Edit: This is the post that makes me think that: Thread 161732 post number 7. I don't think your exile is "self-imposed".
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 04:35
    Originally posted by Dasa
    When Islam invaded India, the Muslims slaughtered the men and raped the women and children and destroyed the Temples.

Is that violating sanctuaries?

You should just walk away and re-think everything you have been saying.
    You will get no where listing scriptures which can be interpreted a million different ways. Apologists will always say that their intent is twisted.

It is much better simply to point to the life of Mohammad as the example of his followers.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 07:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is much better simply to point to the life of Mohammad as the example of his followers.
    If the Muslims are right about who Jesus was and the Christians are wrong, then your personal preference for Christianity is moot.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 12:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Many of the Muslims use saying of Muhammad and the Quran (Koran) to support their rape, murder, torture, and oppression and those writtings are in their original language. So certainly they should understand it better than we. But Muslims are notorious liars when it comes to being up front with infidels like us. 😏
    I dont see you saying that Christians understand the Bible better than you so therefore you must listen to Christians' interpretation of the Bible. Why are you doing that with Islam and taking position of the extremist as the truth in Islam?

I have read around the context in several of your quotes and none of them support rape and murder. On the contrary these passages often specify how female prisoners of war are to be treated and it is with respect and dignity.

Extreme positions are by definition incorrect.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 14:24
    Hi, Raj. To do that, he would have to account for such things as historical references, context generally, how the particular contextual dialectic of the Quran works to determine meaning, etc., etc. [Some of what’s in the Quran, for example, references, and is limited to, specific historical events—and only would apply to analogous situations.]

You know ...[text shortened]... ms of that photo: you sitting in your own establishment with that tall schooner of beer! 🙂 )
    Hi Vistesd, you are absolutely correct in that without a full and complete understanding there can be no correct interpretation of the scriptures whether it be Bible, Koran, Gita etc. However I have pointed out to RJH that even an elementary reader can see that many of these passages refer to a time of war and it specifies how women are to be treated. Nowhere is rape and abuse condoned. Its just that he needs to read the whole story.

RJHs problem is that he starts off with a position of disliking Islam so thereafter there cannot be impartial thinking and correct interpretation. Sometime ago I pulled up some of my posts about 8 years ago and I was probably worse than RJH and I used some pretty strong language to condemn Islam on the whole. No doubt some of your writings [and others here as well] have forced me to read the Koran more carefully. I can now see that when taken out of context, the Koran can indeed lead to extremism as can many parts of the Bible.

As for grace, it would be correct to say the everyone needs loads of it. But the concept of uiniversalism is not properly supported in scripture. Having said that I am not one of those Christians who believe that eternal life is for Christians only. I am of the opinion that God will accept good people of all religious persuasions. Good defined as being unselfish, loving and caring to their fellowman. That is the grace of God that applies to all of mankind.

That photo in your head is pretty accurate [unfortunately 🙂] Hope all is well with you.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 01:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    If the Muslims are right about who Jesus was and the Christians are wrong, then your personal preference for Christianity is moot.
    That's a mighty big "if".
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:002 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does that have to do with what I'm saying?

I'm comparing the morality of the two men, Jesus and Mohammad, who started two distinct religions.

One is righteous, the other is evil.

I suppose one could make a good argument for someone like Buddha, but Mohammad was nothing but a murderous, raping, second rate warlord.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's a mighty big "if".
    No, not to someone who does not subscribe to either supernatural ideology, it isn't.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:03
    What does that have to do with what I'm saying?

I'm comparing the morality of the two men, Jesus and Mohammad, who started two distinct religions.

One is righteous, the other is evil.
    The point is, how can Muhammad possibly be doing "evil" if what he is doing is your Abrahamic God figure's will?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, not to someone who does not subscribe to either supernatural ideology, it isn't.
    Does one have to subscribe to a particular supernatural ideology to evaluate their moral fiber?

If I recall, you admitted Jesus was more righteous than Mohammad.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:06
    I suppose one could make a good argument for someone like Buddha, but Mohammad was nothing but a murderous, raping, second rate warlord.
    Like I say, if God revealed Himself to the Hebrews and then to Muhammad, and the breakaway Christian religion was a mistake, then your personal opinions about what you like and dislike simply aren't relevant.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The point is, how can Muhammad possibly be doing "evil" if what he is doing is your Abrahamic God figure's will?
    The Bible is full of men who sinned, in fact, everyone who lived but Jesus.

Jesus is without spot or blemish and never killed anyone.

Now using your own moral gauge, where do you rate Jesus and Mohammad?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '15 02:10
    If I recall, you admitted Jesus was more righteous than Mohammad.
    So what? I'm not a religionist. I am talking about your beliefs/superstitions (call them whichever you prefer). I don't believe "God" has revealed Himself to you or to my Muslim neighbour. So your popularity-contest approach doesn't amount to much. I judge myself on moral standards that are not rooted in the supernatural.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree