Who created evil?

Who created evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Sure, same as he did with each of us, that still doesn't mean we don't have a choice.
If he created "Satan" in the full knowledge of what he would do, is that not your god figure directly creating "evil", or did he create "Satan" in the hope that he would choose to be good rather than "evil"?

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

For the 30 years you were a Christian did you have any beliefs about what it entails to be a Christian and how a Christian should behave ?
For the nearly 30 years I was a Christian I discovered that - when it comes to how they behave and what they think it entails - Christians come in all shapes and sizes and variations - everything from admirable to infuriating, and from inspirational to tragic. I wasn't inclined to be too judgemental about them. You are sounding like a teenager ~ again ~ who hasn't moved much in the adult world, because you should know this.

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
If he created "Satan" in the full knowledge of what he would do, is that not your god figure directly creating "evil", or did he create "Satan" in the hope that he would choose to be good rather than "evil"?
I think He created all of us for the primary purpose of love, even if that meant we could choose to reject Him.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

I think He created all of us for the primary purpose of love, even if that meant we could choose to reject Him.
Your god figure created "Satan" for the "primary purpose of love"?

Moves
02 Aug 17

For the nearly 30 years I was a Christian I discovered that - when it comes to how they behave and what they think it entails - Christians come in all shapes and sizes and variations - everything from admirable to infuriating, and from inspirational to tragic. I wasn't inclined to be too judgemental about them. You are sounding like a teenager ~ again ~ who hasn't moved much in the adult world, because you should know this.
I lived isolated from the real world for more than 20 years. So maybe I am almost a teen in terms of experiencing the real world.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

I lived isolated from the real world for more than 20 years. So maybe I am almost a teen in terms of experiencing the real world.
Well, as you know, I don't believe your cult story. But, whatever the reason is for your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour, if you have a plan to grow up, I suggest you get on with it as soon as you can. You are not a good ambassador for your religion nor a good advert for the effect it has on a person, at least not in this sphere we share here.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Aug 17
1 edit

How were you isolated for 20 years?

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
Thread 173077

Moves
02 Aug 17

Well, as you know, I don't believe your cult story. But, whatever the reason is for your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour, if you have a plan to grow up, I suggest you get on with it as soon as you can. You are not a good ambassador for your religion nor a good advert for the effect it has on a person, at least not in this sphere we share here.
By growing up you mean I shouldn't disagree with you?

Moves
02 Aug 17

Your god figure created "Satan" for the "primary purpose of love"?
I don't actually know the mind of God I'm just guessing.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

No. What a juvenile retort.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

I don't actually know the mind of God I'm just guessing.
You are guessing that your god figure created "Satan" for the "primary purpose of love"?

Moves
02 Aug 17

Originally posted by @rbhill
I had little or no interaction with people who were not part of the cult I was part of.

F

Moves
02 Aug 17

By "growing up" I mean stop acting like you're a teen in terms your experience of the real world.

Moves
02 Aug 17

You are guessing that your god figure created "Satan" for the "primary purpose of love"?
I think he should conclude every post he makes with, 'I'm just guessing.'