1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 09:15
    Thoughts?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8581
    01 Aug '17 09:25
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Thoughts?
    Evil, as humans experience it, created itself through a process of genetics and evolving mutations.

    My thoughts on this are fickle.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 09:26
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Evil, as humans experience it, created itself through a process of genetics and evolving mutations.

    My thoughts on this are fickle.
    From the Christian perspective, do you think God created evil or evil self generated through action?

    I'll be interested in what the Christians here think also.
  4. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51473
    01 Aug '17 09:37
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Thoughts?
    Isaiah 45:7

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

    KJV
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 09:52
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    Isaiah 45:7

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

    KJV
    Damn it I was keeping that one for later on 😠
  6. Standard memberdj2becker
    Tiger's ghost
    Shetland cemetery
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11856
    01 Aug '17 10:172 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Thoughts?
    Darkness is the absence of light. God said let there be light, but without darkness there is no light. Without evil there is no good.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 10:22
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Darkness is the absence of light. God said let there be light, but without darkness there is no light. Without evil there is no good.
    So you agree that God created evil?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8581
    01 Aug '17 11:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    So you agree that God created evil?
    From a Christian perspective (not my own) I can't see how it can be argued that God 'did not' create evil.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Aug '17 13:062 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Thoughts?
    The same thing that created darkness

    What created darkness?

    I'll give you a hint, darkness does not actually exist. Darkness is simply a word to describe an absence of light.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148463
    01 Aug '17 13:14
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Evil, as humans experience it, created itself through a process of genetics and evolving mutations.

    My thoughts on this are fickle.
    I think evil is what we see when things are not done as they should be. Not much different than when a teacher sets up a test as soon as there are right answers there are wrong ones.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8581
    01 Aug '17 13:35
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I think evil is what we see when things are not done as they should be. Not much different than when a teacher sets up a test as soon as there are right answers there are wrong ones.
    Wrong answers are evil?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 13:48
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I think evil is what we see when things are not done as they should be. Not much different than when a teacher sets up a test as soon as there are right answers there are wrong ones.
    Becker has declined to answer, will you...

    Do you agree that God created evil?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Aug '17 14:01
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Becker has declined to answer, will you...

    Do you agree that God created evil?
    I'll ask again, who created darkness?
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Aug '17 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'll ask again, who created darkness?
    God. It is clear in the Isaiah quote from Proper Knob.
    God created light, darkness and evil.

    But then .. you Christians dont really believe in God do you?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86397
    01 Aug '17 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I'll ask again, who created darkness?
    God.

    Did God create evil?

    Simple question guys. Scripture is right up there for you to nail your nuts to...
Back to Top