1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:39
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    The writer of this article must be fool.
    I think its the reader.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    So, you and Xanthoz are both proponents of the Theory of Intelligent Falling, eh? How fascinating.
    WRONG! You obviously know nothing about the Bible, so let me give you a lesson.

"12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:
    "O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
    O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still,
    and the moon stopped,
    till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
    as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
    The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the LORD listened to a man. Surely the LORD was fighting for Israel! "

Joshua 10:12-14 NIV

Now according to your "theory" (let's remember that's all gravity is), the earth goes around the sun and the moon goes around the earth. If your "theory" is correct, then the Earth should have been ripped apart by the combined force of the sun and the moon. The Earth and its moon should be another asteroid belt. Clearly, though, the Earth and moon are still going round and round as it would appear they've always done with the exception of that day in Gibeon.

Gravy-tational "theory" is just another example of man relying on his own wisdom and not on the WORD of GOD. You will not submit to the Lord and so you have made Gravity your God. This is because you love darkness and boobies.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:47
    Originally posted by telerion

"12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:

and the moon stopped,
    til ...[text shortened]... the Lord and so you have made Gravity your God. This is because you love darkness and boobies.
    This is because you love darkness and boobies.

This is non sequitur. 😀
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:50

and the moon stopped,
    til ...[text shortened]... the Lord and so you have made Gravity your God. This is because you love darkness and boobies.
    "If your "theory" is correct, then the Earth should have been ripped apart by the combined force of the sun and the moon."

Why?
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:53
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]This is because you love darkness and boobies.

This is non sequitur. 😀[/b]
    Sorry, I don't speak demon.

Halitose, let me warn you that no man can serve two masters. Either you are for God, or you are for Gravity. You cannot worship them both.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:56

Halitose, let me warn you that no man can serve two masters. Either you are for God, or you are for Gravity. You cannot worship them both.

ROTFL
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 17:57
    "If your "theory" is correct, then the Earth should have been ripped apart by the combined force of the sun and the moon."

Why?
    You missed the second dose of satire, lol. 😉😉😀😀
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:00

and the moon stopped,
    Ever thought the gravity of the earth keeps itself together? thats why we are not an asteriod belt. Also are you taking a sartrical artical as proof to back yourself up?
  9. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:01
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    I think its the reader.
    I disagree.

It appears to me that the article writer believes the pressure effect caused by the wings is anti-gravity, scientists call it something else; and because scientists generally don't believe in anti-gravity the writer tries to use this to suggest that the gravity theory is flaud because it would say planes can't fly. Thus I suggest the writer is a fool to think this.
    If I've missed something please say so.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:02

Why?
    First of all the Earth would have to stop rotating on its axis as well.

The pressure from suddenly stopping this great ball of atoms would cause the Earth to get super hot as particles pressed into one another. Now the moon could have kept rotating, but it would have stopped revolving. Again particles from one side would smash into those from the other heating it way up. Furthermore, the moon would be stuck on one side of the Earth. This would have exerted a "gravity" differential between Joshua's side of the Earth and the Pacific (think tides). All of this tremendous force would certainly have caused the Earth and Moon to break up, as their "gravy-tational" lock disintegrated.

The Bible is so true. It even knew about "gravitational" theory thousands of years ago.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:03
    Ever thought the gravity of the earth keeps itself together? thats why we are not an asteriod belt. Also are you taking a sartrical artical as proof to back yourself up?
    I am taking the Word of God. Now what have you got to compare to that!
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:06
    I disagree.

It appears to me that the article writer believes the pressure effect caused by the wings is anti-gravity, scientists call it something else; and because scientists generally don't believe in anti-gravity the writer tries to use this to suggest that the gravity theory is flaud because it would say planes can't fly. Thus I suggest the writer is a fool to think this.
    Gravity or anti-gravity?: Evidence of widespread controversy in the scientific community about gravity.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:061 edit
    I disagree.

You have missed something the whole artical is writen as a joke. To show the flaws with many arguments and to make people think. The writer doesnt take any of it to be reality it is in fact a distortion and the artical shows how religion clashes with science.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:07
    You have missed something the whole artical is writen as a joke. To show the flaws with many arguments and to make people think. The writer doesnt take any of it to be reality it is in fact a distortion and the artical shows how religion clashes with science.
    Excuse me. Religion does not clash with science. Science clashes with Jesus.
  15. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 18:09
    😲😞😳:'(🙁😕

Well I stand by what I said - many of the arguments are filled with flaws and errors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree