1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 21:301 edit
    An entity A who answers to nobody and exploits this position to kill and torture whomsoever he pleases. An entity who, for the purpose of stroking his own gargantuan ego, has set up the biggest damned protection racket that has ever, and could ever be, conceived by condemning his own son (albeit somehow himself) to death - such that he may then use this sacrifice to threaten, generation by generation, the entire population of the world with eternal torture if they do not bow down and kiss his arse for all eternity?

An entity B who told the A above to go **** himself and his bat***t crazy schemes, and in the spirit of rebellion, persuaded a couple of fig adorned people to eat a naughty apple!??
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 21:31
    Originally posted by Agerg
    An entity A who answers to nobody and exploits this position to kill and torture whomsoever he pleases, and for the purpose of his own ego has set up the biggest damned [b]protection racket that has ever, and could ever be, conceived by condemning his own son (albeit somehow himself) to death such that he may then use this sacrifice to threaten, generation ...[text shortened]... f and his bat***t crazy schemes, and persuaded a couple of fig adorned people to eat an apple!??[/b]
    wow so much bitterness.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 21:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow so much bitterness.
    Yeah I agree... this A character - what a dick!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 21:59
    Yeah I agree... this A character - what a dick!
    I was referring to you Agers, but if you wish to incriminate yourself in such tones, far from me to dissuade you. Carry on Anthony, carry on.
  5. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 22:02
    An entity A who answers to nobody and exploits this position to kill and torture whomsoever he pleases. An entity who, for the purpose of stroking his own gargantuan ego, has set up the biggest damned [b]protection racket that has ever, and could ever be, conceived by condemning his own son (albeit somehow himself) to death - such that he may then use this ...[text shortened]... d in the spirit of rebellion, persuaded a couple of fig adorned people to eat a naughty apple!??[/b]
    There is no such entity A. But there is God.

God does not kill and torture, how could he? he is only filled with life and love not death and disease, those are of the world. Those are what you fill yourself with, that is what hell is, death and disease without the loving and bountiful presence of the Lord... which is your own choosing.

You are choosing your fate, which you have the free will to do but don't try to blame God because if he didn't give you a choice you would probably complain as well.

And He is not trying to stroke any ego, He is giving you a way to be saved. Because when He became flesh He was filled with the same temptations you and I are except he NEVER faltered. He wanted to! right up until the end. He even asked if this cup could pass from him, if there was any other way... yet he never wavered.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 22:133 edits
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS

God does not kill and torture, how could he? he is only filled with life and love not death and disease, those are of the world. Those are what you fill yourself with, that is what hell is, death and disease without the loving and bountiful presence of the Lord... which is your own choosing.

You are ch ...[text shortened]... even asked if this cup could pass from him, if there was any other way... yet he never wavered.
    God does not kill [snip]
    So Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah's Flood, the 10 plagues, and so on ... had nothing to do with God then!?

God does not [snip] torture
    requesting that first-borns be burnt alive, setting up a big old lake of fire for toasting souls, introducing disease and the mechanism of its transfer to others, and so on ... had nothing to do with god then!?

You are choosing your fate, which you have the free will to do but don't try to blame God because if he didn't give you a choice you would probably complain as well.
    I.e. don't blame God if I don't pay his "protection money" and ... something bad were to happen!

And He is not trying to stroke any ego, He is giving you a way to be saved
    Saved from what again!?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '14 22:47
    [b]God does not kill [snip]
    So Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah's Flood, the 10 plagues, and so on ... had nothing to do with God then!?

God does not [snip] torture
    requesting that first-borns be burnt alive, setting up a big old lake of fire for toasting souls, introducing disease and the mechanism of its transfer to others, and so on ... had n ...[text shortened]... is not trying to stroke any ego, He is giving you a way to be saved[/b]
    Saved from what again!?[/b]
    Where does God demand that firstborns are burnt alive Agers.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:15

You are ch ...[text shortened]... even asked if this cup could pass from him, if there was any other way... yet he never wavered.
    Bravo, maybe Agerg could learn from you how to see beyond himself and his own human limitations.

His protests sound too much like an infant throwing his binky out the pram because the world doesn't revolve around him.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:22
    God does not kill and torture, how could he?
    I look forward to you challenging the Christians here who propagate their theology of "eternal torture" for unbelievers and "sinners".
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:46

Agerg is talking about two imaginary entities;
    A and B, and asking us which one is more evil.

Why do you have to bring your god into it?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:541 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Agerg is talking about two [b]imaginary entities;
    A and B, and asking us which one is more evil.

Why do you have to bring your god into it?[/b]
    Why do you object? The entities Agerg suggests are not real, they are imaginary (despite his obvious message that A is "the God of the Bible" and that B is Satan).

MC is saying "your examples don't exist but God does".

He's turning around the original question into "which is real, your fake examples, or God? Who should we actually listen to then?" A far more important question than Agerg's attempt at blasphemy.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why do you object? The entities Agerg suggests are not real, they are imaginary (despite his obvious message that A is "the God of the Bible" and that B is Satan).

MC is saying "your examples don't exist but God does".

He's turning around the original question into "which is real, your fake examples, or God? Who should we actually listen to then?" A far more important question than Agerg's attempt at blasphemy.
    It's revealing though that MISTER CHESS won't answer the hypothetical question in the OP.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's revealing though that MISTER CHESS won't answer the hypothetical question in the OP.
    Surprise. And neither will I. It's pure nonsense.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Surprise. And neither will I. It's pure nonsense.
    Your participation ~ and what it reveals ~ I am sure, has already been noted by those who find the OP not to be "pure nonsense" but, instead, find it to be a point blank ethical question that goes to the heart of one of the prominent inconsistencies in Christian religionist dogma.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 04:04
    An entity A who answers to nobody and exploits this position to kill and torture whomsoever he pleases. An entity who, for the purpose of stroking his own gargantuan ego, has set up the biggest damned [b]protection racket that has ever, and could ever be, conceived by condemning his own son (albeit somehow himself) to death - such that he may then use this ...[text shortened]... d in the spirit of rebellion, persuaded a couple of fig adorned people to eat a naughty apple!??[/b]
    B, because B wants to steal your soul from A.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree