1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 08:571 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Because there is an entirely higher possibility that men wrote it. Men that weren't inspired by divinity. Think about it RB, you believe in the existence of god, because when you were young, you read the bible. It was probably a number of years later when you first started truly thinking about what that meant, but by then you had already committed a beli in your adolescence and you have spent the rest of your life trying to justify (and poorly).
    so you want God to prove himself to you? have you tried looking for him? going to church? there is no better place than looking for someone other than his house! and bearing in mind that not all churches are, well, houses of God. some are just plain weird! 😕 so, erm, be careful...
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 08:581 edit
    Originally posted by genius
    so you want God to prove himself to you? have you tried looking for him? going to church? there is no better place than looking for someone other than his house! and bearing in mind that not all churches are, well, houses of God. some are just plain weird! 😕 so, erm, be careful...
    Please see the 'question for atheists' thread for my view on why I should not be looking for god.

I don't want god to prove himself, I want one of you, anyone, to prove to me that he exists. If you can, I will seek him with a whole heart.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:041 edit
    Please see the 'question for atheists' thread for my view on why I should not be looking for god.

I don't want god to prove himself, I want one of you, anyone, to prove to me that he exists. If you can, I will seek him with a whole heart.
    i cannot prove God exists to you. and i certainly cannot over an internet forum. faith comes from God. it is only God who can open your heart.

and i don't think that church is the only place you can find God, but it is certainly a great place to start!

EDIT: i don't think there is actually such a thing as "proof of God". i can give you evidence, but if i could give you a proof then my faith would become obsolete. it would serve no purpose as, well, it would be like having a faith that root 2 is irrational. but it's not and i know it's not because it has been proven...does that make sense? basically that i don't have a proof as i myself am meerly living on faith?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:11
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    what you write don't make all that much sense to me
    care to elaborate?
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:12
    i cannot prove God exists to you. and i certainly cannot over an internet forum. faith comes from God. it is only God who can open your heart.

and i don't think that church is the only place you can find God, but it is certainly a great place to start!

EDIT: i don't think there is actually such a thing as "proof of God". i can give you evidence, but if ...[text shortened]... at make sense? basically that i don't have a proof as i myself am meerly living on faith?
    And since faith in god, to me, is like faith in dragons, I have no reason to go looking for him.
  8. Joined
    08 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:222 edits
    .... revelation, which is similar to a prophesy.
    could you elaborate on this.........maybe give me an example??
  9. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:222 edits
    And since faith in god, to me, is like faith in dragons, I have no reason to go looking for him.
    yes, but if you look for a dragon he shant show himself to you. my faith, and i beleive Christian faith in general, is not a faith based upon nothingness. it is based upon a realtionship with God. although i cannot explain this well. i'm a maths student. i think essays are bad. but i think CS Lewis put it rather well in the "screwtape letters".

"He really does want to fill the universe with a lot of loathsome little replicas of Himself - creatures whose life, on its miniature scale, will be qualitatively like His own, not because He has absorbed them but because their wills freely conform to His. We want cattle who can finally become food; He wants servants who can finally become sons"

here, "He" is God, while "We" are devils. perhaps i am not the one to explain this though...
  10. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:33
    Originally posted by gharguth
    no, not really...as i said earlier, you really are best to look into it yourself. or ask someone else...😛
  11. Joined
    08 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:34
    Originally posted by gharguth
    zzzzzz
  12. Joined
    08 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:35
    no, not really...as i said earlier, you really are best to look into it yourself. or ask someone else...😛
    Why not?....You seem to know what you are talking about.
  13. Joined
    08 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:39
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    well, why is proof of God so often accepted by most to be found within a church?
    Because Jesus Christ started a church by selecting apostles and leaving with them a deposit of faith wich they passed on to others
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:42
    yes, but if you look for a dragon he shant show himself to you. my faith, and i beleive Christian faith in general, is not a faith based upon nothingness. it is based upon a realtionship with God. although i cannot explain this well. i'm a maths student. i think essays are bad. but i think CS Lewis put it rather well in the "screwtape letters".

"He really ...[text shortened]... "He" is God, while "We" are devils. perhaps i am not the one to explain this though...
    You're missing the point. There's no reason to look for the dragon, neither is there a reason to look for god. If you say it is a matter of faith, you are merely substituting one problem with another, self-affirming one.
  15. Joined
    08 May '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 09:48
    Originally posted by MythicalSkippy
    infallability of scripture .
    Someone explain this one to me please

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree