1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    16 Jun '06 14:131 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    You're missing the point. There's no reason to look for the dragon, neither is there a reason to look for god. If you say it is a matter of faith, you are merely substituting one problem with another, self-affirming one.
    are you saying that God should look for you, not you for He?

garguth, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_infalibility and i know very little about revelation and prophesy. to find out more i suggest you look them both up on wiki. although wiki, like me, is not infallible 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 00:10
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The Holy Spirit wrote the Bible.
    hahahahaha HAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 00:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Bible is a conglomeration of authors that span over thousands of years. It is by far the oldest running religious tradition to date and has influenced all major religions to various degrees in the modern world other than perhaps Far Eastern religions such as Hinduism ect. With this knowledge in mind, there are two possibilities. The stories in the Bibl ...[text shortened]... ntly inspired by God to be collected in one book or it was only man's doing. You be the judge.
    it was the Bible an inspiration to Hinduism ?
    Monotheism inspiring Polytheism ????
    What an absurd comment !!!
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 00:452 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Don't be ignorant.
    He was asking ivanhoe to prove God's existence and you asked him why he was asking God to prove his own existence. Thus, you seem to think ivanhoe is God.

Either that or your post was totally irrelevant and shouldn't have been written as it has nothing to do with what was being discussed.
  5. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '06 07:02
    Originally posted by gharguth
    Someone explain this one to me please
    Read the Bible....
  6. Joined
    10 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 01:16
    One thing that we have to take into consideration is that back in the day, they didn't have the 89% literacy rate that we do today. Stories were passed down by word of mouth. If you read other threads, i.e. Noah's Ark, you will find those that argue certain stories of the Bible are actually taken from other (heathen) cultures. This may be the case but no matter their origin, they were deemed "Inspired by God", eventually written down by scribes, and adopted into the Bible. Whether you believe or not, you have to admire the fact that it has stood the test of time. It is consistantly the best-selling book in the world. No other work of fact, fiction or lie can compare. If it were not true, it would have been rejected by the masses or just left by the wayside. This is not the case and some have accepted it as truth. I feel those that reject it and try to disprove it are afraid to held to a moral standard and accountable for their actions. Better to die believing, finding there is no judgement and saying "oh, sh!t" than to die not beleiving, finding out there IS a judgement and sayin "oh,
    sh!t!!"
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 02:22
    Originally posted by gharguth
    How did the bible come into existance?????
    Look up "source criticism". Then look at the "synoptic problem"
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 03:082 edits
    Originally posted by MythicalSkippy
    I'd be happy to.

Paul was a man chosen by God to help create His church after the ressurection of Jesus. Read Acts for the story. Paul developed a deep, close relationship with God. As I read Paul's letters, I see a man for whom God is as real as the ground under his feet, as real as the stones creating the prisons in which Paul spent time. Ple ly get to the bottom of it, really understand it, it is harder to shake our faith in it.
    Have you not read 2 Timothy 3:16? ALL scripture is given by inspiration of GOD (not men), and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. According to the Bible, it was written by men such as Paul who were inspired by God. Of coarse this was written by Paul so I'm not sure you will receive it as truth. You say that the letters were written to various churches specifically and therefore were in no way meant for others to read them. I guess you will also have to blotch out portions of Revelation where John speaks specifically to various churches. Unfortunatly, there is a warning in Revelation about a penalty of eternal damnation for adding or subtracting from scripture, so I think this may be somewhat of a problem. I think you will find that despite the fact the Bible was written by various men in another time, and in other cultures, and sometimes speaking to other people, it still holds the same truths that we need to hear today. In short, the Bible is timeless.

Reading how Paul was converted in the Bible, it is painfully obvious to me that God chose him specifically for a great task. He chose a man who was highly articulate and intelligent and who knew Judaic law like the back of his hand. If we did not have him and his letters, the majority of the New Testament would be amiss.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 03:59
    In short, the Bible is timeless.
    until the 2nd coming for the Christians or the 1st one for the Jews ?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 04:56
    Originally posted by drjegc
    until the 2nd coming for the Christians or the 1st one for the Jews ?
    No, not even then.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 13:19
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Prove it.
    Hahahahaha .... Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaargh ...... *cough*
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 13:201 edit
    hahahahaha HAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaa hahahaha ...... *cough cough* ....

I like people with a good sense of humour ..... 😵 😀
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 19:221 edit
    it was the Bible an inspiration to Hinduism ?
    Monotheism inspiring Polytheism ????
    What an absurd comment !!!
    Although Hinduism historically came before Judism I would argue that the oral tradition of the religion is far older than that of Hinduism. For example, the book of Job is speculated to be the oldest book of the Bible and predates the Mosaic writings. There is also a lineage written from Adam to Christ that can be found in the Bible. The difference between Judism and Hinduism, however, is that the Jewish people were not established as a distinct nation and culture until the time of Moses when he led them out of bondage in Egypt. Once this occured, you then have historical evidences of the religion having existed once the nation of Israel was birthed. The culture/religion of that embraced Hinduism had simply established itself in the world before their Jewish counterparts and as a result have earlier historical evidences of their origins.

As far as modern religion, the two main religions are Christianity and Islam which account for more than half of the world beliefs. Hinduism is a distant fourth which is due to the high population of India and is for the most part a localized phenomenon. As a result, monotheism is what dominates modern religious thought and has won over Polytheism.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:331 edit
    [ Hinduism is a distant fourth which is due to the high population of India and is for the most part a localized phenomenon. As a result, monotheism is what dominates modern religious thought and has won over Polytheism.[/b]
    and ? In few years Islam are gonna win over the Christianity in amount of believers ...The Coran is better than the Bible then ? What are you gonna say about it ?
    Only these religions have the mission to spread their faith all over the world ... thats why are bigger than others . And unfortunately thats also the reason of the stupid violence the human beings are living for many centuries ....
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '06 23:51
    and ? In few years Islam are gonna win over the Christianity in amount of believers ...The Coran is better than the Bible then ? What are you gonna say about it ?
    Only these religions have the mission to spread their faith all over the world ... thats why are bigger than others . And unfortunately thats also the reason of the stupid violence the human beings are living for many centuries ....
    My point is, is that if there is a God, then he would want to make himself known to his creation. The Bible has been the spring board for such an event. As far as the violence goes, you can blame it on the Bible if you like. To be fair, however, with or without the Bible, men would still fight each other and commit acts of violence. They would just find other ways to rationalize their violent acts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree