1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 23:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    And why?(optional)

This is a tuffy for me, but I'm going to go with Black Beetle.

(I thought that this thread may give some insight into how some of us are thinking out there...I already have an idea of most peoples responses but I think I may be surprised by some of the replies..hammm) 🙂
    When he was around, nobody could beat Nemesio. God, I miss him.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 23:54
    I still have to go with myself. 😕

Is that aloud?

I mean, I'd hate to brake any rules. 😵
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 23:561 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I still have to go with myself. 😕

Is that aloud?

I mean, I'd hate to brake any rules. 😵
    Well, there's no double voting, and I doubt anyone else was going to vote for you, so yeah, it's allowed. 😛
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 00:36
    Finnegan, because he has an intelligent, common sense approach to things. And because he has an extremely Irish name which is cool. Yes I know that's petty.

If prn were still around it would be him. That guy was amazing.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 01:13
    I would have to say, bbar, lucifershammer and doctorscribbles. When the latter two were around, it was definitely fun to watch thee philosophical debates which fired up between them.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 02:263 edits
    Bbarr, no1 and Conrau because they're very smart and intellectually honest. Telerion too. And Dr Scribs, Nemesio...
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 03:07
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Bbarr, no1 and Conrau because they're very smart and intellectually honest. Telerion too. And Dr Scribs, Nemesio...
    NO no no! I am the greatest poster there ever was.

What's wrong with you people? 😲

My posts are the most informative, the most illuminating, the most inspiring of all time.
    My threads are the most creative, the most provocative, the most engaging.

When will you all realise I am at the center of the universe? 😛😕😵🙄😴
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 10:16
    NO no no! I am the greatest poster there ever was.

What's wrong with you people? 😲

My posts are the most informative, the most illuminating, the most inspiring of all time.
    My threads are the most creative, the most provocative, the most engaging.

When will you all realise I am at the center of the universe? 😛😕😵🙄😴
    That may well be true ,josephw, but like I said this is not to see who is the greatest or most popular, it is to maybe give an insight into how other posters may be thinking .

Is it a silly thing to want to do?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 12:47
    Seems most "favorite poster" threads invariably yield shallow partisan responses, i.e, most popular, prolific or because he/she agrees with me. Far better, in my view, to ignore the trivial unwashed many and to cultivate an appreciation for the critical few, who consistently articulate coherent, provocative and memorable posts on either side of the aisle.

10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 13:02
    That may well be true ,josephw, but like I said this is not to see who is the greatest or most popular, it is to maybe give an insight into how other posters may be thinking .

Is it a silly thing to want to do?
    "Is it a silly thing to want to do?"

Not at all. I was just having some fun with it.

The truth is I don't know who my favorite poster is. I like reading everyone's' posts. I learn something each time.

I especially love to laugh at some of the sarcasm. So maybe we could take a poll to see who is our favorite sarcastic poster.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 14:27
    [b]"Is it a silly thing to want to do?"

Not at all. I was just having some fun with it.

The truth is I don't know who my favorite poster is. I like reading everyone's' posts. I learn something each time.

I especially love to laugh at some of the sarcasm. So maybe we could take a poll to see who is our favorite sarcastic poster.[/b]
    Sanctified (set apart) sarcasm, of course... hands down, Paul!

12. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 19:411 edit
    This thread might be a bit more interesting if it were your least favorite poster 😛

Edit- I like Black Beetle but I think there's a bias there. Me and him seem to click on certain aspects (similar views on specific ideals)

G75- disagree with the guy but he has never had an issue directly answering questions and trying to sway it/flip it around (At least with me)

That r99pawn guy- I like his random threads with religious texts, always some nice refreshers in there

But I like to read pretty much every who has a genuine input and not trying to necessarily shove their piece in everyone's face. It can get cutthroat around here but it's fun when its respectful
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 20:28
    Originally posted by somebody uninteresting
    Did someone say something? I wish they'd stop, it's making it hard to listen to the interesting people. 😛
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 22:49

And why?(optional)

This is a tuffy for me, but I'm going to go with Black Beetle.

(I thought that this thread may give some insight into how some of us are thinking out there...I already have an idea of most peoples responses but I think I may be surprised by some of the replies..hammm) 🙂
    Your honest thread succeeds conversationally as well as in identifying/encapsulating the essence of the RHP Spirituality Forum: Eyes on people/horizontal human viewpoint rather than on revealed/knowable absolute truth/divine viewpoint and eyes on God. Sadly, this gentle incongruity probably ranks this forum as the must humorous forum on the site.

15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 23:23
    First of all, I don’t have a favorite. Many worthy names have been mentioned. Conrau (himself a worthy one) mentioned lucifershammer, and I have an especial fondness for him: we argued across the universe and back, often more sharply than either of us would have preferred, and still remained friends. I cherish that. (Similarly for Epiphenehas and FreakyKBH.)

Bbarr and lemonjello have, between them, probably straightened out my philosophical thinking more than others—the kinks that remain are not their responsibility. Twhitehead and No.1 and BdN and Playnka and LordShark have each also laid me out (to my benefit) a time or two. Dr. Scribbles often tutored me in logic by pointing out my own deficiencies (and he was always there to answer questions).

Blackbeetle leads me home when I get lost in the jungle of maya.

Ah, too many to name! Too many old and new friends. I have tried not to list only those with whom I have agreed (some of them are already mentioned in this thread); that is, that we tended to almost always be on the same side of an argument. Nevertheless, I have excluded a number whom I ought to mention, and after I post this I will likely feel badly for having done so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree