1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 17:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

P-
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 18:051 edit
    please dont go, my goodness, we need you here, we shall get swamped, the forum
    shall be over run by weed like atheists and they shall turn into giant triffids and start
    eating up all the theists one by one!
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 18:161 edit
    We need him here like we need piles. He's almost in the same league of muppetry as RBHILL.
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 18:572 edits
    Why are atheist on a spirituality Forum? 

One of the reasons is also one of the same reason why theists are on a spirituality Forum; to discuss about the credibility of the claim that there is a god.
    To be more generic, you don't have to agree with something X to have a debate about X; you can debate about X while disagreeing with X.
    In fact, isn't that what is often the impetus of a debate, i.e. a disagreement?
    And if you say that people that disagree with the claim that is central to a debate should not be part of it then it may not be much of a “debate” !!! -it would be a "debate" just full of "yes" people.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    shall be over run by weed like atheists and they shall turn into giant triffids and start
    I am not hungry right now.
    When I am and I grow more side-pods, I promise to have the decency to give you fair warning.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 19:11
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [i]Surah Fathiha 1:1

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

If thou bring them not a revelation, they say: "Why hast thou not got it together?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord: this is (nothing but) lights from your Lord, and Guidance, and mercy, for any who have faith."

7:203

When the Qur'an is read, list ...[text shortened]... forum you evil Allah hating, spirituality suppressing heathen and worshipper of false gods!
    Did they say "got" back then?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 19:202 edits
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Did they say "got" back then?
    I don't know...I just randomly quoted a piece of scripture from a holy book that RJHinds doesn't agree is true, along with my closing comment, just to test his response given the nature of his OP ;]
    The message contained within, as far as I'm concerned isn't interesting enough for me to pay it any close attention - ditto with most Biblical scripture (unless my conversation pertains to a specific part of the Bible - then I'll scrutinise it)
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 19:40
    Wonder if it'll be a Vishvahetu style "I'm leaving" or a real one?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 20:20
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Why are atheist on a spirituality Forum? 

One of the reasons is also one of the same reason why theists are on a spirituality Forum; to discuss about the credibility of the claim that there is a god.
    To be more generic, you don't have to agree with something X to have a debate about X; you can debate about X while disagreeing with X.
    In fact, ...[text shortened]... en it may not be much of a “debate” !!! -it would be a "debate" just full of "yes" people.
    to discuss about the credibility of the claim that there is a god. - A.Hamilton

No a theist already believes that there is a God, he has no need of a discussion of
    whether there is or there is not, to him or her, it is a reality. What we come to discuss
    are different aspects of the expression of our faith, but in reality have to defend it
    against those ill disposed towards the idea. R J Hinds is perfectly justified in asking
    the question.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 20:211 edit
    wow, why are all the posts disappearing? is Agers the triffid eating them up?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 20:56
    to discuss about the credibility of the claim that there is a god. - A.Hamilton

No a theist already believes that there is a God, he has no need of a discussion of
    whether there is or there is not, to him or her, it is a reality. What we come to discuss
    are different aspects of the expression of our faith, but in reality have to defend it
    ag ...[text shortened]... hose ill disposed towards the idea. R J Hinds is perfectly justified in asking
    the question.
    If you or any other theist would like to discuss this sort of thing then for a Christian they should try the Christianforums, they ban any sort of debate based questions made by atheists. I used to frequent that place a couple of years back until they took their ball home and it turned boring (though some of the fundies on there make the likes of RBHILL look like Einstein in comparison).
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    If you or any other theist would like to discuss this sort of thing then for a Christian they should try the Christianforums, they ban any sort of debate based questions made by atheists. I used to frequent that place a couple of years back until they took their ball home and it turned boring (though some of the fundies on there make the likes of RBHILL look like Einstein in comparison).
    no, they should have a deviod of spirituality forum, where all those atheists without
    spirituality can go and discuss elementary details and base materialism. A debate
    about the existence of God is utterly futile from both perspectives for it cannot be
    proven, nor disproven, therefore, what is left, is to discuss principles and ideas based
    on the belief that there is a God, or ideas relating to spirituality, consciousness,
    spiritual attributes like appreciation of art, or compassion, or forgiveness etc
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 08:57
    A debate about the existence of God is utterly futile from both perspectives for it cannot be
    proven, nor disproven,
    So you say, but I find such a stance to be illogical. For you to know this implies you know enough to prove one way or the other.
    Besides, we frequently debate things that we know will not be proven one way or another during the course of the debate, yet we are still able to discuss the evidence, logic and other issues surrounding the issues.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 12:11
    I'm actually a little disappointed he's (assuming he's a he) gone, he was bonkers but he was a fundamentalist with a gay son. That would've been an interesting discussion.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 12:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm actually a little disappointed he's (assuming he's a he) gone, he was bonkers but he was a fundamentalist with a gay son. That would've been an interesting discussion.
    yes so am I, although i dont think he was bonkers, he made perfect sense to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree