1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:521 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Why are atheist on a spirituality Forum?

You are of course correct.

I am a 100% Atheist and am as happy as Harry.

I often pop into here to make merry and have a wee gag at the Holy Joe's
    expense. All relgions if they are strong enough should be able to stand
    up to a few gags and laugh at themselves.

After all God has been laughing at us sin , keep you safe.

PS:

This is going to be an awful dull forum if ALL the Atheists leave.
    Dull!? I'm sure it'll be spiffing! New threads every day about some Bible verse or other, e-praying, bullying underdog religions, confession threads, threads about how science is evil/how to spot an evil scientist. Let us not forget other worthy topics like which version of the Bible is best, who does God hate the most: homosexuals or atheists? and testimonies from each theist that their interpretation of Chrisitanity is right and the others wrong. Crikey...I'm almost salivating as I imagine how awesome this forum will become once it's a full-on fundie-fest

Yeah it'll be the best damned forum evah! ;]

Reveal Hidden Content
    not!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Our dear atheist friends need guidance, poor things need every scrap of scripture
    they can get their hands upon. They are sheep without a shepherd and we should
    be patient with them.

I do understand your concerns though, for it has frustrated me at times as well, this
    constant non spirituality, this tearing down of another's faith with not ...[text shortened]... le
    caution for they are unable to see anything good from developing ones own
    spirituality.
    Our dear creationist friends need guidance, poor things need every scrap of rational thought they can get their hands upon. They are like lemmings blindly following each other around, some of them are far too gone in their indoctrination whilst others such as Robbie are far too scared to peer behind the veil of darkness into the light. The 'collective' has a strong hold on these borg, ahem............i mean poor things.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Our dear creationist friends need guidance, poor things need every scrap of rational thought they can get their hands upon. They are like lemmings blindly following each other around, some of them are far too gone in their indoctrination whilst others such as Robbie are far too scared to peer behind the veil of darkness into the light. The 'collective' has a strong hold on these borg, ahem............i mean poor things.
    Lol, rec'd, very funny dear Noobster
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do atheist consider Atheism a religion?
    I did not think they considered it a religion
    or were concerned about spirituality. So
    why are they on here? Does anyone know?
    If there are any atheist reading this, please
    get off of this forum and stop harassing us.
    I'll post where i want to post thank you very much. I'm not having some 'Johnny come Lately' to the forum dictating where i can and can't post just because i don't believe in his Christian God.

What arrogance. You don't like a thread, don't post in it. You want to talk about scripture and the Bible? Well start a thread about whatever you wish to discuss.
  5. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Dull!? I'm sure it'll be spiffing! New threads every day about some Bible verse or other, e-praying, bullying underdog religions, confession threads, threads about how science is evil/how to spot an evil scientist. Let us not forget other worthy topics like which version of the Bible is best, who does God hate the most: homosexuals or atheists? and testimonies l-on fundie-fest

Yeah it'll be the best damned forum evah! ;]

[hidden]not![/hidden]
    Please please please. Gee wizz that would be the bestest of the best. Almost as good as peaches and cream that Ma makes on a Sunday. LOL

@RJ Hinds:

Spirituality does not have to equal being bothered by anyones claims about a god or gods.

If you dont like non monotheistic people being in the forum then perhaps you should ask for a forum for believers of Christianity or Islam - oh what you have to be a protestant, oh what no jehovahs witnesses or mormons - oh what only Baptists- no what only Southern Baptists.......STOP discriminating nob end.

Such it up sunshine if you believe in God you are in a minority in the world, if you are Christian and even smaller minority l live in a democracy so you are outvoted - preach a little of what your good book tells you to and welcome all.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:231 edit
    Originally posted by nook7
    Please please please. Gee wizz that would be the bestest of the best. Almost as good as peaches and cream that Ma makes on a Sunday. LOL

@RJ Hinds:

Spirituality does not have to equal being bothered by anyones claims about a god or gods.

If you dont like non monotheistic people being in the forum then perhaps you should ask for a forum for believers o ...[text shortened]... cracy so you are outvoted - preach a little of what your good book tells you to and welcome all.
    in all fairness to R J Hinds, it does state under the description,

Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:401 edit
    Surah Fathiha 1:1

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

If thou bring them not a revelation, they say: "Why hast thou not got it together?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord: this is (nothing but) lights from your Lord, and Guidance, and mercy, for any who have faith."

7:203

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.

7:204

A passage from the TRUE holy book...get out of this forum you evil Allah hating, spirituality suppressing heathen and worshipper of false gods!
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:51
    You think atheists are harassing you? Start a thread about scripture or the trinity and you'll quickly find out that the nastiest, most spiteful behaviour in this forum is reserved for Christian vs Christian debates.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:551 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    in all fairness to R J Hinds, it does state under the description,
    Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the [b]supernatural, religion, and the life after.
    [/b]
    Atheists here discuss the supernatural, religion, and the afterlife all the time. Why should these participants leave the web site or be silenced by moderators "in all fairness to R J Hinds"?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:01
    Interesting that no theist has yet attacked out the absurdity of the OP.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:21
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Interesting that no theist has yet attacked out the absurdity of the OP.
    Well. I have.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well. I have.
    I stand corrected. Didn't know you were one.

That makes it less interesting then. 😵
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well. I have.
    From what i've gleaned from your posts i would call you a deist. Theism promotes 'God as personal, present, and active in the governance and control in the universe'. Correct me if i'm wrong, but you don't subscribe to that view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism

Deism, on the other hand 'believe in the existence of God without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority or holy books'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:431 edit
    From what i've gleaned from your posts i would call you a deist. Theism promotes 'God as personal, present, and active in the governance and control in the universe'. Correct me if i'm wrong, but you don't subscribe to that view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism

Deism, on the other hand 'believe in the existence of God without any reliance on re ...[text shortened]... aled religion, religious authority or holy books'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
    How is that not a theist?

Your definition of theism seems reductive. Theism, to me, is the belief in at least one deity.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 10:50
    Yes I think one could use the word "deist". But "theist" is OK too: here's a definition: "One who believes in the existence of a god or gods."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree