1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 22:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ok, so are you saying that before the crucifixion there was no such thing as a personal relationship [ie talking to God directly by calling him Father] ?

Somehow that does not seem correct. Does that sound correct to you?
    Tell me another religion that did.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:33
    Originally posted by apathist
    What is good, Kelly? How do you recognize it?
    The truth we need is Jesus Christ, He is the light, truth, and life. Anything short of God isn't enough.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 01:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    Tell me another religion that did.
    Are you saying that from Adam to Christ nobody spoke directly to God?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 01:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The truth we need is Jesus Christ, He is the light, truth, and life. Anything short of God isn't enough.
    You have no facts to set your belief above others. Seriously, you make it seem like a mental illness.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 01:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ask a Muslim If allah loves them.

Not all relationships are loving.

The god of Islam does not love everyone, if anyone at all.

In that respect, the god of Islam is a distant and cold god.
    You have completely dodged what I said. Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray. They do not attempt to do pray via their prophets like Jesus and Muhammad. If Muslims "talk directly with God" when they pray, is that a "relationship"?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    You have no facts to set your belief above others. Seriously, you make it seem like a mental illness.
    What facts do you think I can give on a chess server when it comes to my life? I can tell
    you before I was a Christian, I partied all the time, I made good money, and spent it on
    many things that gave me pleasure. Then I became a Christian at 25 years old, and God
    turned my life around. He changed me, gave me a new outlook on life that didn't revolve
    around my desires. He entered into my life, He gave me His Spirit, He has been with me
    for over 35 years now. He has seen me through very good times, and very horrible times,
    and He has never left or forsaken me.

He is closer than a brother, the best friend you could ever have, He has seen all of us at
    our worse, and is still fighting to save us. If you don't see Him, I suggest you seriously
    start looking for Him.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:19
    What facts do you think I can give on a chess server when it comes to my life? I can tell
    you before I was a Christian, I partied all the time, I made good money, and spent it on
    many things that gave me pleasure. Then I became a Christian at 25 years old, and God
    turned my life around. He changed me, gave me a new outlook on life that didn't revolve
    ar ...[text shortened]... fighting to save us. If you don't see Him, I suggest you start seriously
    start looking for Him.
    And yet they sit back, and smugly claim that we do not know God because THEY don't know God. Yeah, I don't get that, either.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And yet they sit back, and smugly claim that we do not know God because THEY don't know God. Yeah, I don't get that, either.
    We have a lot working against us, from Satan and his devils, the world, and our flesh. I
    wonder how God does get our attention since we are so wired to fit into everything that
    would destroy us in the end.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:55
    We have a lot working against us, from Satan and his devils, the world, and our flesh. I
    wonder how God does get our attention since we are so wired to fit into everything that
    would destroy us in the end.
    How can you be sure that you yourself are not among "Satan and his devils"? Posters like you and RJHinds and Eladar and checkbaiter and josephw cite "Satan and his devils" (or words to that effect) so often ~ sometimes even insinuating that some of your fellow Christians are in this "Satan and his devils" group. Eladar has stated that Suzianne is a "Child of Satan". So how do you know that you aren't under the influence of "Satan" too?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Basically Kelly you are someone who declares vanilla to be the only icecream worth eating, while being oblivious to all the other flavours on offer. What if the true flavour is chocolate. How will you ever know?

(The question is of course rhetorical. Everyone knows the best flavour of icecream is mint choc chip).
    I have been thinking about this post of yours and I have a question for you if you want to
    answer it. I would ask you dwell on it and not just pop off whatever comes to mind right
    away. With all of your study of all the various religions, how is it you don't see the Creator
    of the universe, in the universe? Your study blind your eyes? How is it you don't grasp that
    God is real, you have studied several religions, did it clear your mind so you can find God,
    or blind you to the truth?

I realize you can come off smugly to this query if you want, I could think of some smart
    a$$ things to say with that question if I were in your shoes. I ask you ponder this, if God is
    real as I claim and you are missing out, how is it you could miss God? I think you should
    stop trying to study about God, and look for Him instead.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:58
    Incase I wasn't clear, I agree with you too!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 02:59
    And yet they sit back, and smugly claim that we do not know God because THEY don't know God.
    Well I am open minded. But for me, the difficulty is that there has never been anything you have said or anything about your forum behaviour that has given me any reason whatsoever to believe that there is a supernatural being who has communicated with you in any way.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 03:04
    Ghost of a Duke: Basically Kelly you are someone who declares vanilla to be the only icecream worth eating, while being oblivious to all the other flavours on offer. What if the true flavour is chocolate. How will you ever know?

With all of your study of all the various religions, how is it you don't see the Creator
    of the universe, in the universe? Your study blind your eyes? How is it you don't grasp that God is real, you have studied several religions, did it clear your mind so you can find God, or blind you to the truth?

Do you honestly think asking these questions addresses what Ghost of a Duke actually put to you?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 03:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Basically Kelly you are someone who declares vanilla to be the only icecream worth eating, while being oblivious to all the other flavours on offer. What if the true flavour is chocolate. How will you ever know?

(The question is of course rhetorical. Everyone knows the best flavour of icecream is mint choc chip).
    No, no, no on the ice cream...butter pecan!
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 07:51
    I have been thinking about this post of yours and I have a question for you if you want to
    answer it. I would ask you dwell on it and not just pop off whatever comes to mind right
    away. With all of your study of all the various religions, how is it you don't see the Creator
    of the universe, in the universe? Your study blind your eyes? How is it you don't ...[text shortened]... ou could miss God? I think you should
    stop trying to study about God, and look for Him instead.
    Thanks for replying to my post 4 times. 🙂

I will come back to this later today. I would say though, in response to your earlier reply, that I agree, we are not talking about your 'favourite' religion. - We are talking about giving serious consideration and study to determine whether or not you have found the 'correct' religion. - This is advisable for icecream, but fundamentally essential for religion.

In short, if God is actually Vishnu, you and I have both rejected him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree