1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 08:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ask a Muslim If allah loves them.

Not all relationships are loving.

The god of Islam does not love everyone, if anyone at all.

In that respect, the god of Islam is a distant and cold god.
    I asked you previously if you had given any serious study to Islam.

With this post you have demonstrated that you haven't.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Thanks for replying to my post 4 times. 🙂

I will come back to this later today. I would say though, in response to your earlier reply, that I agree, we are not talking about your 'favourite' religion. - We are talking about giving serious consideration and study to determine whether or not you have found the 'correct' religion. - This is advisa ...[text shortened]... ssential for religion.

In short, if God is actually Vishnu, you and I have both rejected him.
    Well it is you after all, replying once is for most other people, but well....even four times does
    not seem like its enough. 🙂
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:221 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I have been thinking about this post of yours and I have a question for you if you want to
    answer it. I would ask you dwell on it and not just pop off whatever comes to mind right
    away. With all of your study of all the various religions, how is it you don't see the Creator
    of the universe, in the universe? Your study blind your eyes? How is it you don't ...[text shortened]... ou could miss God? I think you should
    stop trying to study about God, and look for Him instead.
    When one studies the mechanics of a car, it doesn't take long to realise that the engine didn't get there by miraculous means. Religion, for me, doesn't hold its integrity when put under the microscope. The more you look in to the world's religions, the more you see their human construction and motivations for such constructions.

Study doesn't blind the eyes, it opens them.

Edit: ThinkOfOne doesn't like me discussing my studies (even though I didn't raise the subject) and gets mighty uneasy by an atheist having invested more time in studying religion than himself. As a result he'll probably pop along to say something derogatory and troll related.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:43
    When one studies the mechanics of a car, it doesn't take long to realise that the engine didn't get there by miraculous means. Religion, for me, doesn't hold its integrity when put under the microscope. The more you look in to the world's religions, the more you see their human construction and motivations for such constructions.

Study doesn't bl ...[text shortened]... han himself. As a result he'll probably pop along to say something derogatory and troll related.
    So you think the universe has some natural explanation? I am not sure what about it gives you this insight, is it wishful thinking, or do you have something more concrete?

Religion can take on an ugly face mainly due to our wicked nature, but the wickedness of many does not do away with the reality that there is goodness too.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 18:14
    So you think the universe has some natural explanation? I am not sure what about it gives you this insight, is it wishful thinking, or do you have something more concrete?

Religion can take on an ugly face mainly due to our wicked nature, but the wickedness of many does not do away with the reality that there is goodness too.
    I have nothing concrete, but believe religion is wishful thinking.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 18:54
    So for you the universal questions can be set aside in the hopes that nothing supernatural caused it? This is true even while denying there is no reason to believe in the supernatural. It seems you made a choice not based on anything other than what you want to be true. Do you think God should have stamped everything with a "made by God" stamp so its clear, or He should have done something else to make Himself known you?

What do you look for when you look for evidence for God?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 20:21
    So for you the universal questions can be set aside in the hopes that nothing supernatural caused it? This is true even while denying there is no reason to believe in the supernatural. It seems you made a choice not based on anything other than what you want to be true. Do you think God should have stamped everything with a "made by God" stamp so its clear, ...[text shortened]... hing else to make Himself known you?

I don't believe in God. Why would I be looking for evidence to prove the existence of something I have already discounted?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 20:501 edit
    I don't believe in God. Why would I be looking for evidence to prove the existence of something I have already discounted?
    So it doesn't matter, if God is real, or there or not, the possibility doesn't interest you to even
    acknowledge the possibility? I can see now why you could study religion and the universe
    and miss God completely.

edit:
    Why did you tell me I need to search for God in other religions when I don't feel the need?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 22:50
    So for you the universal questions can be set aside in the hopes that nothing supernatural caused it? This is true even while denying there is no reason to believe in the supernatural. It seems you made a choice not based on anything other than what you want to be true. Do you think God should have stamped everything with a "made by God" stamp so its clear, ...[text shortened]... hing else to make Himself known you?

Man needs to come to the decision entirely on his own, or else free will is a joke.

That's why there are no "God made this" signs on stars and planets and creation has to be seen as a natural process (because it was, given the laws of physics). Otherwise, if man has no choice but to believe in God (because it is plainly obvious, for example), then the choice is not man's, but God's. If you're going to hold someone responsible for their own decisions, then they have to be their own decisions.

And that is why there is no "evidence" of God, except spiritual. And people all have a choice to make whether they listen to spiritual knowledge or not. And if they choose not to decide, they still have made a choice.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:10
    Perhaps someday, you'll get the opportunity to see the benevolence of God "up close" and maybe you mind will change.

If my "dualistic" thinking, that since there is evil, there must be good, is "wishful thinking", then yeah, I'm full of hope. But I've been fortunate to see it "up close", and I am convinced it's real. Promises made in the Bible have been fulfilled, so that's another point of "evidence" for me. I went through hell and came out the other side believing in God's purpose for His Son, instead of blaming him. It's a lot more than just "wishful thinking". As always, YMMV, but I hope you don't have to see any of the same miles I've seen, and I hope you don't let your "big brain" get in your own way like so many others have.

I know you didn't ask my opinion, but there it is, just a few thoughts I got after reading your post.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Man needs to come to the decision entirely on his own, or else free will is a joke.

That's why there are no "God made this" signs on stars and planets and creation has to be seen as a natural process (because it was, given the laws of physics). Otherwise, if man has no choice but to believe in God (because it is plainly obvious, for example), then the c ...[text shortened]... to spiritual knowledge or not. And if they choose not to decide, they still have made a choice.
    I agree God does give us choices, and if God isn't involved what is the point?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:16
    As always, YMMV, but I hope you don't have to see any of the same miles I've seen, and I hope you don't let your "big brain" get in your own way like so many others have.
    Having lived among Christians all my life (and even been one), I am familiar with and understand your ir-got-me-through-hard-times personal testimony. The mixture of insecuriry and chip-on-your-shoulder elements you exhibit, however, have not been quite so common. Tell us more about Ghost of a Duke's "big brain".
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:19
    I agree God does give us choices, and if God isn't involved what is the point?
    Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc. might they all be god given choices in which god is involved?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 07:47
    So it doesn't matter, if God is real, or there or not, the possibility doesn't interest you to even
    acknowledge the possibility? I can see now why you could study religion and the universe
    and miss God completely.

edit:
    Why did you tell me I need to search for God in other religions when I don't feel the need?
    I guess you missed the part sir when i said 'already discounted.' My studies were not motivated by a search for God, so it is not surprising I missed Him. (I had come to the conclusion God didn't exist long before i set off to university). Religion is History, Sociology, Geography and Culture all in one. It was a beautiful subject to study and I enjoyed it immensely.

And I didn't 'tell' you anything. It's up to you if you want to stop your search just a few steps into your journey.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 07:50
    Perhaps someday, you'll get the opportunity to see the benevolence of God "up close" and maybe you mind will change.

If my "dualistic" thinking, that since there is evil, there must be good, is "wishful thinking", then yeah, I'm full of hope. But I've been fortunate to see it "up close", and I am convinced it's real. Promises made in the Bible have bee ...[text shortened]... w you didn't ask my opinion, but there it is, just a few thoughts I got after reading your post.
    As stated before, I would very much like to believe in God. If sufficient evidence comes along, I'll happily change my mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree